[DBTech] DragonByte Shop

[DBTech] DragonByte Shop [Paid] 6.0.4

No permission to buy ($12.45)
Hi @DragonByte Tech

We're looking at multiple options currently and this add-on is one of our choices, I had some questions to ask
  • We use a custom user field currently and manually manage currency, our currency system is more of a reward to dedicated members and isn't earned automatically so we wish to keep it that way. Can we use that custom user field as the currency for the shop? We basically have a shop we run manually but we wish to automate it coz... yea gets really hectic managing a manual shop.
  • Will currency exchange be possible even without the Credits add-on or is that required? (we are willing to purchase that too if it is a must, but we have to port over our existing set up with the custom field)
  • Our custom field contains , (commas) between the currency numbers. As in: 1,000 & 25,000 - will this create problems if we were to use it as a currency (does the field need to be only numerical?)
And my last question, will the add-on received continued development when XF 2.0 comes out or is the add-on planned to stay only for the 1.x series? This is important for us to know, but I can understand if this cannot be answered.

We use a custom user field currently and manually manage currency, our currency system is more of a reward to dedicated members and isn't earned automatically so we wish to keep it that way. Can we use that custom user field as the currency for the shop? We basically have a shop we run manually but we wish to automate it coz... yea gets really hectic managing a manual shop.
You can indeed, as long as the currency field is in either the xf_user table or another table that can be joined via the user ID :)

Will currency exchange be possible even without the Credits add-on or is that required? (we are willing to purchase that too if it is a must, but we have to port over our existing set up with the custom field)
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by currency exchange. Do you mean purchasing currency with real money? If so, that's only available in DB Credits at this time.

Our custom field contains , (commas) between the currency numbers. As in: 1,000 & 25,000 - will this create problems if we were to use it as a currency (does the field need to be only numerical?)
That will not work, you will need to convert them to numerical values. You can do this by running an SQL query that strips out the comma from the value, then convert the column to either an int or a decimal type depending on whether you need decimals in your currency. Attempting to use your currency with our mod before this is done will most likely lead to data loss.

And my last question, will the add-on received continued development when XF 2.0 comes out or is the add-on planned to stay only for the 1.x series? This is important for us to know, but I can understand if this cannot be answered.
We have every intention of sticking with XenForo for the foreseeable future, which includes XF 2.0. However, we don't know how much work it will be to port existing modifications over, so I cannot guarantee that it will be a free upgrade.

If there's little to no work involved for me to port the mod, then it will be a free upgrade (e.g. vB3 -> vB4).
If it requires a complete re-code of the mod, then there will need to be a small fee (e.g. vB4 -> vB5).

Since no-one has access to developer alphas or betas of XF 2.0 just now it's impossible to predict what exactly will end up happening, but I personally have faith in the XF developers that they will consider addon developers when creating the new application :)

Fillip

If there's little to no work involved for me to port the mod, then it will be a free upgrade (e.g. vB3 -> vB4).
If it requires a complete re-code of the mod, then there will need to be a small fee (e.g. vB4 -> vB5).
I have no problems paying for the update! :D just wanted to be assured that we won't have to ditch it if we upgrade to 2.0.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. You'll be seeing a new purchase next week :)

Is there a way to get an alert or a message sent to users whenever they receive a donation (of our site's shop currency, not real money)?

Also, is there any news about our issue with not being able to upload shop item images through the admincp?

Is there a way to get an alert or a message sent to users whenever they receive a donation (of our site's shop currency, not real money)?
It should start a new conversation with the user receiving the donation, is this not working for you?

Also, is there any news about our issue with not being able to upload shop item images through the admincp?
Damn, that completely slipped my mind, my apologies. I'll look into it this week (either tomorrow or Friday) and let you know if I need any more information.

Fillip

You can indeed, as long as the currency field is in either the xf_user table or another table that can be joined via the user ID :)
One last question, will we be able to manually edit this custom field (via acp) from time to time? Our currency as I said is manually rewarded and that we would like to continue, would there be issues if we manually edit this field (custom user field that already exists) via ACP?

One last question, will we be able to manually edit this custom field (via acp) from time to time? Our currency as I said is manually rewarded and that we would like to continue, would there be issues if we manually edit this field (custom user field that already exists) via ACP?
If you are only using DragonByte Shop, you can continue to edit it as you do just now.

If you also plan on installing DragonByte Credits (which admittedly doesn't sound like something you'd need, but I'm mentioning it for completeness sake), you would need to use its dedicated currency management screen in order to preserve transaction integrity.

Fillip

Is there a way to move the music box in user profile above follower in DBtech options without editing the style itself?

the box is currently below both the followers and following box.

Is there a way to move the music box in user profile above follower in DBtech options without editing the style itself?

the box is currently below both the followers and following box.
That is a bug in your skin, or a conflict with another mod.

If you search your templates for member_view_sidebar_middle2 there should be only one instance: https://i.imgur.com/YhnYR0y.png

If you have multiple instances of that line of text, please remove the extra instance and save the template.

Fillip

Just found a small issue when attempting to switch to a different credits add-on. I was originally using the AD Credits add-on from Audentio. When I uninstalled that with the intention of replacing it with your credits mod, the shop mod caused this server error:

ee59d82173ce1755cdaec32b594498df.png

The Admin CP and the forum were both inaccessible due to this error. I was able to fix it by disabling the listeners via config.php, and going into the dragonbyte shop currency settings and deleting the two currencies that I had added there based on the ones from the AD Credits add-on.

Hello. This will probably be a stupid question, so my apologies if it's already been asked. I did read as much as I could to find the answer.

This mod has a dizzying number of features. What I've been searching for is a mod that can operate as a retail store add on to our Xen forums. A place we can sell merchandise like coffee mugs, keychains, wristbands, etc; and where artistic members can showcase their offerings. I'm not much in need of 'credits' and the like, as I'm looking to have a paypal or google checkout option ... is this mod something that can operate like that?

Thanks in advance

Hello. This will probably be a stupid question, so my apologies if it's already been asked. I did read as much as I could to find the answer.

This mod has a dizzying number of features. What I've been searching for is a mod that can operate as a retail store add on to our Xen forums. A place we can sell merchandise like coffee mugs, keychains, wristbands, etc; and where artistic members can showcase their offerings. I'm not much in need of 'credits' and the like, as I'm looking to have a paypal or google checkout option ... is this mod something that can operate like that?

Thanks in advance
Hi Michael,

Unfortunately this mod is not designed for physical items or retail (real money trade) shopping, sorry :(

This mod is made to sell virtual items that affect things on the forum, such as additional usergroup permissions or such things.

Fillip

It should start a new conversation with the user receiving the donation, is this not working for you?

Damn, that completely slipped my mind, my apologies. I'll look into it this week (either tomorrow or Friday) and let you know if I need any more information.

Fillip

It's working now, one of our staff fixed it. :)

Thanks for looking into it.

One other question, is it possible to get multiple quantities of a single item to show only as one image in the inventory? For instance, if someone bought a username change 10 times is it possible to have just one username change item show and have it just show "quantity: 10" or something like that versus having 10 separate username changes in the inventory? Hopefully my question makes sense lol.

One other question, is it possible to get multiple quantities of a single item to show only as one image in the inventory? For instance, if someone bought a username change 10 times is it possible to have just one username change item show and have it just show "quantity: 10" or something like that versus having 10 separate username changes in the inventory? Hopefully my question makes sense lol.
Unfortunately not :(

We have had another request that might help with that though; expired items automatically discarding from the inventory. If I make it so that item types that aren't reversible expire after use if the allow re-configure option is set to no, that would help keep inventory trimmed.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Shop with a new update entry:

Feature: Designate a currency as "Display Currency" to be displayed on the navbar tab
Change: Currency information is no longer included in Post queries if it’s not needed
Change: Currency information is no longer included in Thread queries if it’s not needed
Fix: Fixed an issue where copying posts into the same thread would cause a database error
Fix: Fixed an issue where uploading a new icon via the AdminCP would not work as intended

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, is there a way to limit steal attempts for a usergroup/user to a daily limit, or even ban someone from stealing?

It took us roughly 10 hours after install for someone to discover they can bank their credits and attempt to steal unlimited times to their heart's content. Everyone on the forums now hates the steal function when it should have been a fun little feature...

Hi, is there a way to limit steal attempts for a usergroup/user to a daily limit, or even ban someone from stealing?

It took us roughly 10 hours after install for someone to discover they can bank their credits and attempt to steal unlimited times to their heart's content. Everyone on the forums now hates the steal function when it should have been a fun little feature...
Not at this time unfortunately, I'll look into adding it for a future version :)

Fillip

Top Bottom