[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map 2.0.1

No permission to download

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] DragonByte Member Map - Geolocate your members and plot them on an interactive Google map!

Geolocate your members and plot them on an interactive Google map!

Uses

Show your users' locations can be shown on an interactive Google map after being geolocated from their IP addresses.
Also supports the ability to show all users or only those that are currently logged in.
Locations are calculated in batches to ensure smooth performance, or updated by each person using drag & drop.
Markers feature a popup with a mini profile including avatar.

Complete...

Read more about this resource...

What is the proper setting for the geo database link? Can you please post an example?

Like my link is /xampp/geodatabase/

It's not working...

Like do I have to specify the actual file or just point it at the location??

And what file is it looking for?? What is the file type?

Depends on where you save it on your server, I can't post an example as it varies greatly.

The actual file.

GeoLite2-City.mmdb would be the file to point it to.

Fillip

Thanks I didn't get the idea to make sure the GeoLite2-City.mmdb file was supposed to be at the end of the link was using just the folder location!

Hello
Will it be possible for the users to enter a postal code in the profile and that will be displayed on the map?
Greetings Joachim

Hi DBTech, I'm trying to get this plugin loaded for a client with my theme, have installed this plugin many times but in this case it's giving error:
Code:
unexpected '[' in library/DBTech/MemberMap/Xenforo/Install.php on line 52
Installing on XF 1.5.15, there was no other error info given, do you have any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi DBTech, I'm trying to get this plugin loaded for a client with my theme, have installed this plugin many times but in this case it's giving error:
Code:
unexpected '[' in library/DBTech/MemberMap/Xenforo/Install.php on line 52
Installing on XF 1.5.15, there was no other error info given, do you have any ideas?
Please make sure you are running PHP 5.6 or newer.

Fillip

Membermap and GeoLite2-City.mmdb installed.
When clicking on the membermap I get

The address 0.14.126.51 is not in the database.
GeoIp2\Database\Reader->getRecord() in phar:///www/htdocs/wxxxxxc/xxxxx/xenforo/src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/3rdParty/GeoIp2/geoip2.phar/src/Database/Reader.php at line 193
GeoIp2\Database\Reader->modelFor() in phar:///www/htdocs/wxxxxxc/xxxxx/xenforo/src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/3rdParty/GeoIp2/geoip2.phar/src/Database/Reader.php at line 70
Any help aprecciated
XF 2.0.7

Last edited:
Membermap and GeoLite2-City.mmdb installed.
When clicking on the membermap I get "The address 0.14.126.51 is not in the database"
Any help aprecciated
XF 2.0.7
IP addresses cannot start with 0, so something is wrong with your system.

Fillip

I know that very well...But how do the three invalid IPs get there ? Anyway, I'll delete them in teh database manually, wait and see

Hi Fillip
Another one...I replaced the invalid IPs by 1.1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3, deletion didn't work, as the index will be a problem then.(got an error message)

Now can you please give me some insights how this map works? - If there is a manual, please let me know then I can spare you my stupid questions.

I assume the cronjob is looking up the lat/lng based on GeoLite, I can see increasing number of entries in the table xf_dbtech_membermap_ip where scanned =1. Currently 500 out of 2.000ish, so this works.
If I go to the membermap I see maybe 35 icons, not more, no change after 20min... How / when is this view updated?
If in Admin CP I check the box "show all users" they are all gone. So I have to leave the box unchecked to see some icons. (reverse logic?)
My own location not there yet :(
Will the IP adresses used again for lookup sometime in the future, or do I have to manually set the "scanned=0".
Sorry for bugging you but I'd like to understand what I can expect and what not
TXS
Karl

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Member Map with a new update entry:

Resource Guidelines Update

What is happening?
On the 11th of July 2018, XenForo published their Resource Guidelines aimed at ensuring performance & stability of XenForo modifications. At the moment, this product does not meet these standards, due to the fact that this product has been engineered to allow the core code to run on both XenForo 1 and XenForo 2.

As a result, I am beginning work on re-engineering this product to become a "native"...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi,
this is great news (for XF2 users - and I am one ;o)
I would be happy to help on testing, just let me know as soon as you have something to be tested

Installed the 2.1.0 Beta 1
If under options I uncheck "SHOW ALL USERS" and then try to watch the membermap I get the errors:

LogicException: Unknown relation Option accessed on xf_session_activity in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 651

XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->join() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 1430
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->resolveFieldToTableAndColumn() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 539
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->columnSqlName() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 222
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->buildCondition() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php at line 120
XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->where() in src/addons/DBTech/MemberMap/Pub/Controller/Map.php at line 147
DBTech\MemberMap\Pub\Controller\Map->actionIndex() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Top Bottom