[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.6.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Hi,
It would be great to be able to choose the exact time the digest has to be sent.
There are good times to send an email within a day and very bad ones.
It can impact the opening and click rate.
Thanks
David

Hi,
I get back to you about this question.
Would it be possible to add in a next release the ability to choose the time when the digest has to be sent?
Or maybe you have a workaround in order to make it possible?
Thanks
David

Having an option on a site saying "I don not want to receive email from this website" and receive again emails coming from an add-on, is not making the life of the users easier... and not clear for them.
But on the flip side, the most frequent support ticket we received for older versions / vB versions was "our users are complaining that they aren't receiving the newsletter even though they are subscribed". I look at the screenshot, sure enough the user is subscribed. Then I had to remember "oh yeah, the subscription is tied to TWO different settings for some reason".

This was way more confusing to users.

If you post a Feature Request @ our site for me to add an option to include the newsletter and digest options on the registration form, it's something I can look at in the future :)

Would it be possible to add in a next release the ability to choose the time when the digest has to be sent?
This is not feasible at the moment, but if you post a Feature Request @ our site I can look at it again for future versions.

If you post a Feature Request @ our site for me to add an option to include the newsletter and digest options on the registration form, it's something I can look at in the future

I would add my vote for 2 seperate registration and unsubscription possibilities.

It should have also the option in ACP to first have all users automatically subscribed to the digest, if they agreed to receive the normal sitemailings beforhand. Otherwise it is a nightmare to get that second subscription from the users.

I have 50K users and have had issues with being blacklisted in the past when sending something to all of them, this was on Vbulletin and initially when I just moved to XF, how does the system work in regards to throttling the emails to avoid this? My past history may have something to do with a lot of bad or old emails bouncing, not sure.

I have 50K users and have had issues with being blacklisted in the past when sending something to all of them, this was on Vbulletin and initially when I just moved to XF, how does the system work in regards to throttling the emails to avoid this? My past history may have something to do with a lot of bad or old emails bouncing, not sure.
This mod does not modify the way XenForo sends out its emails (which is what's used in the back-end). If you have reputation problems, I recommend using Amazon SES to send your emails.

This mod does not modify the way XenForo sends out its emails (which is what's used in the back-end). If you have reputation problems, I recommend using Amazon SES to send your emails.
Never heard of it, is it pretty easy to set up? Just create account and add smtp to settings kinda thing? Thx BTW

i am going to ask a really dumb question, cause I likely should know this already -- I've searched the forum but don't see anything .... so let me ask: where and how do I review members unsubscribe feedback? :) Thank you!

i am going to ask a really dumb question, cause I likely should know this already -- I've searched the forum but don't see anything .... so let me ask: where and how do I review members unsubscribe feedback? :) Thank you!
It gets emailed to the contact us email address, or the default email address if the contact us email address is empty.

There is no UI for reviewing it.

Sounds good but then i'm wondering why it shows 99689 Elements under inactive users list while i only have 88685 members (since it's a 7 month old dump all members are inactive but the inactive number shouldn't be higher then the registered).

Sounds good but then i'm wondering why it shows 99689 Elements under inactive users list while i only have 88685 members (since it's a 7 month old dump all members are inactive but the inactive number shouldn't be higher then the registered).
Ah, in the AdminCP it does not consider whether the user is valid or not. In the actual code that sends the email, it does :)

Proof:
PHP:
        $criteria = [
            $options->dbtechMailInactiveMetric => [
                'start' => 0,
                'end' => \XF::$time - ($options->dbtechMailInactiveThreshold * 86400)
            ],
            'dbtech_mail_inactivereminder' => [
                'start' => 0,
                'end' => \XF::$time - ($options->dbtechMailInactiveThreshold * 86400)
            ],
            'no_empty_email' => true,
            'user_state' => 'valid',
            'is_banned' => 0,
            'Option' => [
                'dbtech_mail_inactive_reminder_email' => true
            ]
        ];
        if (count($options->dbtechMailInactiveUserGroups))
        {
            $criteria['secondary_group_ids'] = $options->dbtechMailInactiveUserGroups;
        }
        if ($options->dbtechMailInactiveRepetitions)
        {
            $criteria['dbtech_mail_numreminders'] = [
                'start' => 0,
                'end' => $options->dbtechMailInactiveRepetitions - 1 // "end" uses <= comparison
            ];
        }

The reason why the AdminCP does not enforce these criteria is that there's a search form which would override these settings.

Hi Fillip,

My company is looking into using your addon as opposed to developing something in house. We really like the newsletter features! One of our main interests is integrating with Google analytics as we did in XF1.5. We saw in the description of the addon that it provides data analytics features, and were wondering two things:

Does it integrate with Google analytics campaigns?
Does it apply to XF's standard notification emails in addition to newsletters?

Thanks!
zig

This is not feasible at the moment, but if you post a Feature Request @ our site I can look at it again for future versions.

Hi,
I have just received today a member complaint saying that even if he can unsubscribe he should never be subscribed by default to the the digest newsletter.
He referred to GDPR...
I will post today a feature request, it can not be let like it due to legal risk in Europe.
I deactivate the add-on waiting for such an option.
Thanks
David

How can this be more useful compared to the build in function in 2.1. ? I see you have some sort of check to avoid bounced e-mails / invalid e-mails but that's also not a full automatic process but manual function right?

I struggle to find some function like the one build-in, in Xenforo but which check invalid e-mails before they are send against say Debounce.io - something your tool can do?

How can this be more useful compared to the build in function in 2.1. ? I see you have some sort of check to avoid bounced e-mails / invalid e-mails but that's also not a full automatic process but manual function right?

I struggle to find some function like the one build-in, in Xenforo but which check invalid e-mails before they are send against say Debounce.io - something your tool can do?
This addon does not do anything for bounce handling as XF handles it.

This addon is for those who wish to have a better interface for sending mass email, who might need to overwrite the SMTP settings for mass email, etc :)

Top Bottom