[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.7.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Is it possible to generate newsletters from a PHP Callback?
Unfortunately not. The newsletters are all manually generated.

For the Digest feature (automated emails), in the next version it will add content type support, with the existing Threads being the only content type on launch. You would, in theory, be able to add other content types to the digest that way.

Once the new version is released you'd be able to look at how the Threads content type is defined to program your own :)

It depends, for example, i have a 14 years old forum convert from phpbb to xenforo. With lots of old members with old emails. When i use inactive user, it sends more mails than the digest.

Have a nice day
Yes, same issue here. Both the Digest and Inactive Members features should have a cutt off date (days) which we can specify in the ACP. Basically if the member hasn't login in X days don't send the mails.

Yes, same issue here. Both the Digest and Inactive Members features should have a cutt off date (days) which we can specify in the ACP. Basically if the member hasn't login in X days don't send the mails.
I mean, the whole point of the Inactive Members feature is to get members who haven't logged on in X days to come back... :P

Also, the Inactive Members feature does have this option, so I'm even more confused 🤔

Also, the Inactive Members feature does have this option, so I'm even more confused 🤔
Hey @DragonByte Tech,

For forums that have a few years sending mails to members that have not logged in 5 - 10 years doesn't make sense and they most likely don't want them.

Here is what I suggest:

For Inactive Members:
Yes, we can't setup a minimum period in which members have not logged in before sending the mails. But we also need a maximum period, basically if it hasn't logged in 365 days than don't send the mail. Also as a bonus if we could set up a Post Number it would be great.
For us the settings should allow to set something like this:
Min login: 30 days
Max login: 365 days
Minimum Posts: 1

So if a members has not logged in more than 1 year don't send the mail. And if they logged in between 30 and 365 days, and does it have at least 1 post, then send.

For Digest:
This requires a minimum login date and if possible as above a minimum posts.

Last edited:
Good morning all and Biarritz or maybe "bonjour, si tu es français comme moi" ;-),
I would be interested by sharing our customizations of our "dbtech_mail_digest" templates.
I do not find the default one optimized and I think that it could be optimized for a better click rate.
Does some of you have customized the default one?
Thanks
David

Oui @DavidXLD
here is my digest mail template mod
Just copy and remplace all to test it (if you improve this, please, share your code)

Code:
<mail:subject>{$digest.title}</mail:subject>

<xf:if is="$digest.introduction"><h2>{$digest.introduction|raw}</h2></xf:if>

<xf:if is="$threads is not empty">
{{ phrase('title') }}: <br />
    <xf:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
        <br />
            <div>
                <a href="{{ link('canonical:threads', $thread) }}">{$thread.title}</a>
            </div>
            <div class="minorText">
                Forum: {$thread.Forum.title}
            </div>
    </xf:foreach>

<xf:else />
    <p>{{ phrase('dbtech_mail_newsletter_no_threads') }}</p>
</xf:if>

<xf:if is="{$user.dbtech_mail_newsletter_frequency} > 1">
    {{ phrase('dbtech_mail_newsletter_reducefrequency_further_link', {
        'param1': '<a href="' . link('canonical:dbtech-mail/digests/reduce-frequency', $digest, {'c': $user.email_confirm_key, 'user_id': $user.user_id}) . '">' . phrase('dbtech_mail_click_here') . '</a>'
    }) }}

{{ phrase('dbtech_mail_newsletter_increasefrequency_link', {
        'param1': '<a href="' . link('canonical:dbtech-mail/digests/increase-frequency', $digest, {'c': $user.email_confirm_key, 'user_id': $user.user_id}) . '">' . phrase('dbtech_mail_click_here') . '</a>'
    }) }}
<xf:else />
    {{ phrase('dbtech_mail_newsletter_reducefrequency_link', {
        'param1': '<a href="' . link('canonical:dbtech-mail/digests/reduce-frequency', $digest, {'c': $user.email_confirm_key, 'user_id': $user.user_id}) . '">' . phrase('dbtech_mail_click_here') . '</a>'
    }) }}
</xf:if>

<p class="minorText"><a href="{{ link('canonical:email-stop/content', $user, {'t': 'dbtech_mail_digest', 'id': $digest.digest_id}) }}">{{ phrase('dbtech_mail_newsletter_unsubscribe_link') }}</a></p>

<xf:page option="template"></xf:page>

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

4.3.0 Beta 1

Update highlights

Welcome to the first version of DragonByte Mail v4.3.0 🎉

This version is focused on improving the Digest feature, adding rich previews for the content being included as well as setting it up to allow more content types in the future.

You can see a preview of how the threads will look here:
View attachment 202548

Users will be able to choose which forums their personal digest should pull from, within their access permissions of course...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@DragonByte Tech

I just purchased a lifetime license for one of our sites. I was under the impression that this would allow us to create multiple automated newsletters (looks like they're referred to as digests with this addon). After installing and configuring, I can't seem to find a way to add additional digests.

Additionally, users are getting this error when clicking "Configure content settings" in their account preferences.

(the users are logged in)

@DragonByte Tech

I just purchased a lifetime license for one of our sites. I was under the impression that this would allow us to create multiple automated newsletters (looks like they're referred to as digests with this addon). After installing and configuring, I can't seem to find a way to add additional digests.

Additionally, users are getting this error when clicking "Configure content settings" in their account preferences.

View attachment 202564

(the users are logged in)

I just reported this to Filip also https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/cannot-open-content-settings.23640/

May want to check there..

And yes there's only one digest

I just reported this to Filip also https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/threads/cannot-open-content-settings.23640/

May want to check there..

Thanks for the info. Do they prefer we report bugs over there?

And yes there's only one digest

That's really a shame, I wish it was more clear. Any idea if they're planning on implementing multiple digests in the future? Multiple automated newsletters is what we're looking for (one for discussion threads and one for classified ads, for example).

You can only create multiple manual newsletters at this time. In the future, when more content types are added to the digest based on customer feedback, it may be possible to create multiple digests.

That being said, it would be preferable to keep them in a single digest with different sections, given the user can control digest settings so they can tailor the digest to show only content relevant to them.

Do they prefer we report bugs over there?
Definitely, especially when it's issues that cannot be easily diagnosed (or quickly answered at 1am, which is the time right now). These threads have the potential to bury issues. Reporting multiple issues in a single post in this thread makes it very difficult to manage vs one bug report per thread @ our site :)

That's really a shame, I wish it was more clear.
The feature list does state "an automated digest" as opposed to "automated digests" 🤔

Any idea if they're planning on implementing multiple digests in the future? Multiple automated newsletters is what we're looking for (one for discussion threads and one for classified ads, for example).
Can you please expand upon your use case? Given that different content types will be displayed within the same digest once more content types are added, I fail to see the need for multiple digests.

Multiple digests make things much more confusing for the user, as they have to manage multiple different subscription settings.

Hello DragonByte, the owner of Nationaal Computer Forum has bought this tool and installed.

Immediately your add-on began automatically sent e-mails Nationaal Computer Forum wants you back!
Our forum exists since 2001, so there are many thousands of inactive users and we are a Dutch forum.

My question is very simple, how to deactivate this automation?

Top Bottom