[DBTech] DragonByte Mail

[DBTech] DragonByte Mail [Paid] 4.6.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Found a bug,
It is not possible de delete a member if this addon is active.

Code:
#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(244): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('UPDATE  `xf_dbt...', Array)
#5 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/XF/Entity/User.php(120): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update('xf_dbtech_mail_...', Array, 'user_id = ?', 449)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1531): DBTech\Mail\XF\Entity\User->_postDelete()
#7 src/XF/Admin/Controller/User.php(635): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->delete()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Admin\Controller\User->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:User', 'Delete', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'users', Object(XenAddons\UBS\XF\Admin\Controller\User), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#11 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#13 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#14 {main}

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Mail with a new update entry:

4.1.0 Beta 4

Update highlights

This version features major feature additions and enhancements, with the main highlights being the return of tracking features, as well as the SMTP Validation feature.

You're now able to enable "clicktracking" for mailing list emails, where the links in your email will be converted into a trackable format. When the user clicks links in your email, they'll get redirected to where the links originally pointed to, be they on-site links or external links.
In...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Version b4 error

Code:
LogicException: Job DBTech\Mail:InactivityEmail: Template mail:prepared_email did not render to anything. It must provide either a text or HTML body. src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php:162

Stack Trace
#0 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(277): XF\Mail\Mailer->renderMailTemplate('prepared_email', Array, Object(XF\Language), Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#1 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(327): XF\Mail\Mail->renderTemplate()
#2 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(341): XF\Mail\Mail->getSendableMessage()
#3 src/XF/Job/UserEmail.php(69): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#4 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/InactivityEmail.php(58): XF\Job\UserEmail->executeAction(Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#5 src/XF/Job/AbstractUserCriteriaJob.php(59): DBTech\Mail\Job\InactivityEmail->executeAction(Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\AbstractUserCriteriaJob->run(2.2367441654205)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 2.2367441654205)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 2.2367441654205)
#9 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 3)
#10 {main}

Hi Fillip,

Its great to see that you have implemented SMTP verification. How does your addon handle greylisting and does it work well with Amazon SES?

I am currently having a lot of trouble with Yahoo which is simply aborting any email sent over SES and is sending a vague permanent bounce over it.
I did join the Yahoo Feedback Loop Program and am limiting email sending until this is resolved. I dont want to escalate the issue, but would love to clean my list through SMTP verification. Could the SMTP verification through SES trigger yahoo bounces to Amazon?

How does your addon handle greylisting and does it work well with Amazon SES?
It tries to detect if the response is a greylist:

This will be logged in the email validation log as "Blacklist" with no action taken.

does it work well with Amazon SES?
I would strongly advise that you use an on-server email account for this. We have multiple domains that can be used for emails, and so we use a local email account on the server rather than rely on 3rd party services.

Given the fact that what you are doing is indistinguishable from what spammers use to find email addresses (programmatically probing the same domain(s) for multiple email accounts), it is very likely that any of the following is true:
a) Amazon would not be happy about you using the service for this purpose
b) Failure messages may count against your bounce threshold in SES
c) SES may refuse to perform the task after a while

The first time we sent email on XF2 using SES, we had not cleaned the email list imported from vB, and in my apology email for the high bounce rate I told them this. They replied with something to the effect of "SES is not a tool to clean your mailing list".

If you still want to use SES for this purpose then I don't think there's anything in the mod that stops you, though it's strongly not recommended.

Fillip

Thank you for the elaborate reply. Is it safe to assume that this feature is not coming to the XF1 version of DBT Mail?
I have a small XF2 site and a XF1 big board. The latter I will not be able to upgrade in the near future due to many essential addons not being available for XF2.

Is it safe to assume that this feature is not coming to the XF1 version of DBT Mail?
Correct, at the moment the XF1 mods are in maintenance-mode only as I want to focus on XF2 going forward. After XF 2.1 is released, that will become the minimum required version as and when I use XF 2.1 specific features.

I would be happy to discuss porting some of those essential mods to XF2 if that's something you'd be interested in :)

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech
I have everyday these error
Code:
LogicException: Job DBTech\Mail:InactivityEmail: Template mail:prepared_email did not render to anything. It must provide either a text or HTML body. src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php:162
Gegenereerd Door: Onbekend Account 9 dec 2018 om 07:49
Stack Trace
#0 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(277): XF\Mail\Mailer->renderMailTemplate('prepared_email', Array, Object(XF\Language), Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#1 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(327): XF\Mail\Mail->renderTemplate()
#2 src/XF/Mail/Mail.php(341): XF\Mail\Mail->getSendableMessage()
#3 src/XF/Job/UserEmail.php(69): XF\Mail\Mail->send()
#4 src/addons/DBTech/Mail/Job/InactivityEmail.php(58): XF\Job\UserEmail->executeAction(Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#5 src/XF/Job/AbstractUserCriteriaJob.php(59): DBTech\Mail\Job\InactivityEmail->executeAction(Object(AVForums\TagEssentials\XF\Entity\User))
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\AbstractUserCriteriaJob->run(2.3342418670654)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 2.3342418670654)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 2.3342418670654)
#9 job.php(14): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 3)
#10 {main}

4.1.0 Beta 5

Update highlights

This version is a quick bugfix update to address an issue where the "Inactivity Reminder" emails would not work correctly if the license had the Branding Free add-on.

Yeah, I'm not sure how that happened either 😅

If you want the full details on the v4.1.0 release, you can check it out here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-mail.342/release/1731/

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed an issue where the inactivity...

4.1.0 Beta 6

Update highlights

This version is a quick bugfix update to address an issue where emails would not send correctly after upgrade to XF 2.0.12.

If you want the full details on the v4.1.0 release, you can check it out here: https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-mail.342/release/1731/

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed various emails not sending correctly after upgrading to XF 2.0.12

Please consider the following suggestions:
  • Digest setting: Total Thread Reaction Score is more than X (XF2.1)
  • Digest setting: Always include new Bookmarked Content.
  • Digest setting: Always include new Watched Content.
  • Digest setting: Always include new Content the user has replied to.
  • Digest setting: Always include new Content by Followed members.
  • Unsubscribe through the XF2.1 list-unsubscribe function.

Last edited:
I still hope to see:

On top of all the features, 2 are the most important for us:
  1. Support for all content types (at least the top big add-ons like those listed in the posts)
  2. Multiple Digests (it's so common. news = daily. articles = weekly. and each and each newsletter can have different content and different timing and different targets. it's not possible to mix it all together and send it all in 1 single email)

At the moment I need to focus on the Shop update as well as being ready to switch to XF 2.1 as soon as that gets into the RC stage, so I can't give a time frame for when I get to work on QoL updates :(

Every feature request posted @ our site is logged and will be reviewed when it's time to focus on feature updates, though!

Fillip

This suggestion is one of the top suggestions for XF:
And for good reason because its a very powerful way to get your members back to your site if you have a significant member base.

But there is no such addon for XF2. It seems this would fit this addon nicely.

Top Bottom