[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.3.3

No permission to buy ($29.95)
Is it possible to assign user groups for a certain period of time with this AddOn? Similar to user upgrades? So without the licenses
Well, you do need to use licenses in order to achieve that. However, you can always remove the "view licenses" button from the templates and from the navbar, so the licenses are virtually invisible to users.

When purchasing digital products, you can make it so user group changes expire when licenses expire. You can also offer permanent user group changes (@ our site, buying a product gives a permanent "Customers" user group change).

When purchasing physical products, only permanent user group changes are available as physical product has no "expiry" component.

Hope that helps :)

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

1.2.0 Beta 2

Update highlights

This release contains a major new feature as well as other fixes & enhancements.

The biggest news is the inclusion of guest orders. If this feature is enabled, and a user's cart does not contain any digital products, the checkout process will be altered so that registration / login is no longer required.

As mentioned, this feature only works for physical products. A shopping cart will automatically switch back to requiring a forum account regardless of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.2.0 Gold

Update highlights

After a short and sweet Beta period, it's time to go for Gold! 🎉

New in this release is the ability to control the display style for the "Top Products" and "New Products" widgets. The previous versions actually only displayed products as rows, but the default now changes based on your style preference of grid vs rows.
You can also force these widgets to display rows or grid regardless of your style preference, on a per-widget basis.

Based on feedback @ our...

Hi Fillip,

Do you know the cause of this error? Thanks, Brian

Server error log
  • ErrorException: Template error: Method canAddResource is not callable on the given object (DBTech\eCommerce\XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:936
  • Generated by: admin
  • Dec 2, 2018 at 8:54 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canAddRe...', '/home/#####.p...', 936, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(936): trigger_error('Method canAddRe...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/forum_overview_wrapper.php(26): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(DBTech\eCommerce\XF\Entity\User), 'canAddResource', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1250): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(816): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_overview_...', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1306): XF\Template\Templater->applyWrappedTemplate('\n\n\n\n\n\t\n\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t...')
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('forum_list', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Forum\\Listin...', 'public:forum_li...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(10) "/index.php"
["referrer"] => string(29) "https://hotshot.pet/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hi Fillip,

Do you know the cause of this error? Thanks, Brian
That is unrelated to this mod. The only reason why it mentions eCommerce is that eCommerce was the latest mod to extend the \XF\Entity\User class.

If you have uninstalled the XFRM, you should revert the forum_overview_wrapper template.

Fillip

I do not have XFRM manager but did make an edit to that template. I reverted and re-added the adjustment. Perhaps I messed it up somehow.

Thank you!

Update highlights

Just a quick update to work around an issue that will occur after upgrading your forum to XF 2.0.12; various emails from this mod would fail to send, and server errors with "Undefined index" messages would be generated.

Also, the "Download demo" link incorrectly attempted to open an overlay, which is a left-over from before the "Simple download" interface was added.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Fixed various emails not sending correctly...

Are these features implemented, and if not, is there any plan for them, please?
  • Selling Physical items
  • Reactions (XF 2.1)
  • Comments (user be able to comment on products and discuss, like question and answer)
  • Reviews (for a shop, review system is a must -> and then custom fields for reviews too)
  • User Shop (let users create their own shop, and add categories, products, ....) to make it a marketplace
  • Wishlist
  • Watch
  • Bookmark
  • Affiliate system
  • Variations
  • Abandoned Cart notification (alert, conversation, email)
  • Inventory/Stock management (number of available items to sell for the products I mean)
  • DBTech Credits Integration (for now we use it as a wallet)
  • Featured Products (and then, featured products slider, and widget)
  • Different Widgets for the add-on (like recent products, top sellers, trending, featured, etc...)
  • Limited Time Sales (so we set a date and time, and a counter will appear in sale page, and when stopped, the purchase button will be disabled, like when the item is out of stock)
  • Bid (an auction tool. which then will need a kind of wallet system too, like an integration with your Credits add-on)

Thanks

@Dadparvar Decided to split it up this way instead of using massive amount of quotes :D

Implemented:
  • Selling Physical items

• Reactions (XF 2.1)

• Comments (user be able to comment on products and discuss, like question and answer)
    This one is sort of implemented, there's a discussion thread feature that you can use for new products

• Reviews (for a shop, review system is a must -> and then custom fields for reviews too)
    Again, sort of, it uses the same kind of review as the Resource Manager

• Watch

• Bookmark

• Variations
    Sort of, physical products can set up variations in the same way digital products can add license lengths.

• Abandoned Cart notification (alert, conversation, email)
    Email, with optional discount coupon applied, controllable how soon the email is sent and the size of the discount

• Different Widgets for the add-on (like recent products, top sellers, trending, featured, etc...)

• Limited Time Sales (so we set a date and time, and a counter will appear in sale page, and when stopped, the purchase button will be disabled, like when the item is out of stock)
    Not as you describe, but it has sales you can add. Sales can be queued to go live in the future, and can email users right away (letting them know of a future sale) and/or when the sale goes live. The start/end dates of the sale will be localised into the receiving user's time zone.
    A ribbon is shown on products that are currently on sale.
    Stock is not impacted by sales.
Interesting:
  • Wishlist

• Affiliate system

Not planned:
  • User Shop (let users create their own shop, and add categories, products, ....) to make it a marketplace
    I want to add this, the permissions are there in preparation for it, but at the moment it is too much work to support. Given that we allow multi-item shopping carts (so you could end up with 5 items from 5 different vendors), and we also make use of the XF2 Payment Profile system rather than rolling our own PayPal-only support, there is no feasible way of ensuring that money goes where it needs to go.

• DBTech Credits Integration (for now we use it as a wallet)
    This is a real world cash shop and there are no plans to implement virtual cash outside of whatever payment profile you add to XF2

• Bid (an auction tool. which then will need a kind of wallet system too, like an integration with your Credits add-on)
Fillip

Last edited:
Comments (user be able to comment on products and discuss, like question and answer)
This one is sort of implemented, there's a discussion thread feature that you can use for new products
Any plan to add a real comment section as well? (like the profile post section, when people can post their comments, and then others can reply to it right below it. As you know threads are not like this. They go one after another, even if you reply to a specific person, the reply is not right below it, it is after the last post in the thread) -> an example of it implemented is Bob's add-ons, that you let you choose either you want to have comment system for an item, or you prefer associated thread. (and based on our usage for a long time, we figured out our users prefer comment system rather than associated thread)

Again, sort of, it uses the same kind of review as the Resource Manager
That's great. I wish I could see custom fields for reviews too.

Sales can be queued to go live in the future, and can email users right away (letting them know of a future sale) and/or when the sale goes live. The start/end dates of the sale will be localised into the receiving user's time zone.
A ribbon is shown on products that are currently on sale.
That's the main part, and its great that is already implemented. A countdown would be awesome if added.
Quick question here: is it also possible to define another price as Sale price? and like everywhere, when you see Sale-Price, then the main price will be strike-through and the sale price will be bold next to it with a ribbon saying "Save xxx".

Interesting:
  • Wishlist

• Affiliate system

these are very useful and can boost the sale. Hope to see them until XF 2.1 stable comes out, as around then will be the time we probably will switch to XF 2.
(wishlist and affiliate system are clear. About the featured products, I hope you also add timing, to let us let's say feature the product for x days, or from x date and time to y date and time)

User Shop (let users create their own shop, and add categories, products, ....) to make it a marketplace
I want to add this, the permissions are there in preparation for it, but at the moment it is too much work to support. Given that we allow multi-item shopping carts (so you could end up with 5 items from 5 different vendors), and we also make use of the XF2 Payment Profile system rather than rolling our own PayPal-only support, there is no feasible way of ensuring that money goes where it needs to go.
this would only require an inline credit system to solve the issue. like almost every marketplace. I even already have a custom marketplace with full withdraw system, but it's a custom platform, not XF plugin.

Let's say users will create shops, and products. Shops and products will have specific IDs. So, when they are added to the cart, and users purchase, in the records, each sale with have an ID. In the ID, the ID of the seller (his shop and his product id included) will be recorded as well. They will have a section to Withdraw their income. They will see a list of their sales there too.

Their income will be the total of their sales. and they can enter the amount to withdraw. The withdraw will be to their paypal btw, which they can enter it in their withdraw settings.

They can also always see a list of their past withdraws there.

I think you know what I mean, but we can discuss more if you want/need.

This is a real world cash shop and there are no plans to implement virtual cash outside of whatever payment profile you add to XF2
Actually, I'm trying to find a way to stop using Credits as a wallet too, but the only way I can then do it is when XF adds Wallet to the core. Hope they do, especially now that we have payment processors in the core.

Bid (an auction tool. which then will need a kind of wallet system too, like an integration with your Credits add-on)
Well, I understand this part. As long as there is no credit/wallet system, then implementing this will be kinda impossible. (again, I hope to see wallet system in core soon)

One more thing that came to my mind, and want to see if you have the plan to add is: The Buy Button. (now I see an option to add the product to the cart. That is perfect as the user may want to still search the products and add more to his cart. How about the user just wants to get 1 product? Would be so user-friendly to have a Buy Now button next to add to cart to easily go straight to the payment step)
example from Amazon:

Any plan to add a real comment section as well? (like the profile post section, when people can post their comments, and then others can reply to it right below it. As you know threads are not like this. They go one after another, even if you reply to a specific person, the reply is not right below it, it is after the last post in the thread) -> an example of it implemented is Bob's add-ons, that you let you choose either you want to have comment system for an item, or you prefer associated thread. (and based on our usage for a long time, we figured out our users prefer comment system rather than associated thread)
I think that has been requested elsewhere, it's definitely an interesting feature that I could look into. It's not super high top priority since there are (semi) workable alternatives.

Quick question here: is it also possible to define another price as Sale price?
When you add a new Sale, you get to specify the parameters of the sale:

It says USD because that's the default currency, any currency that XF2 supports for user upgrades are also supported for this mod. You set the global currency for the entire system in the XenForo Options.

If you want to set individual discounts for each product, that's what the numberbox in the "Applicable products" row is for. You could set the "Sale type" to be "Flat value", set the global to 0, then enter a value in that numberbox to have fine-grained control over each product's price.

I think you know what I mean, but we can discuss more if you want/need.
I do understand, but withdrawing to a PayPal account, as far as I know, requires the PayPal API. In order to obtain an API key, each installation of the product would need to be manually verified by PayPal. That's my understanding for what is needed to obtain an API key with permission to add or withdraw money to your PayPal account.

That is not something I want to touch :P

One more thing that came to my mind, and want to see if you have the plan to add is: The Buy Button.
Hmm... I'd need to have a think on that when I have more time. Amazon is actually violating payment processor rules by having a 1-click button, they get million dollar fines from the PCI organisation (I think that's the one) every year for this. The part that's breaking the rules is storing the three CVV numbers on the back of your card.

The only thing is, they make way more money from the convenience of having 1-click purchase that they just pay the fine :P

There's also certain features of the mod that make it difficult to create an one-click experience, such as if they purchase products that use product fields. I could potentially disable the button for such purchases, but it's tricky to be sure.

Fillip

The only thing is, they make way more money from the convenience of having 1-click purchase that they just pay the fine :p

There's also certain features of the mod that make it difficult to create an one-click experience, such as if they purchase products that use product fields. I could potentially disable the button for such purchases, but it's tricky to be sure.
Actually Buy Now is not necessarily the 1-click system. The Buy Button only removes the steps between the "add to cart" to "Payment Details form". (1-click also removes the payments details form step).
What I expect from Buy Button is 1-click. I just want when the user clicks on it, the system adds the product to the cart and automatically will redirect to the last step where the buyer will just select the payment processor and enter the info and pay.

I do understand, but withdrawing to a PayPal account, as far as I know, requires the PayPal API. In order to obtain an API key, each installation of the product would need to be manually verified by PayPal. That's my understanding for what is needed to obtain an API key with permission to add or withdraw money to your PayPal account.

That is not something I want to touch :p
I see. That's fine to no touch everything :D

How about you add everything until that part, and then let us do the withdraws manually. So, when a seller asks for withdraw, we will receive them in ACP, with option to Reject, Accept, and write note in both cases. If we reject, then nothing, but if we accept, then seller's income will be decreased that much and they will see it as withdrew (and we manually pay them to their paypal or whatever way that they asked)
This way, at least we have Marketplace, and an almost complete withdraw system (only the pay off is manually which is not a big deal)

About the Sales system: looks promising. Nice work there! Just my other question is still unanswered. When the product is on sale, is there detailed info inluding "stike-through main price" and "bold sale price", "save amount banner" and ... on the product Grid, and product sale page? (which is I think there, but want to make sure)

I think that has been requested elsewhere, it's definitely an interesting feature that I could look into. It's not super high top priority since there are (semi) workable alternatives.
Cool. Hope to see it. I'm sure my users will prefer comment over associated thread (we have AMS, SC, UBS, RMS, SG, and nowhere we use associated thread, and we use the comments system. Even in XFRM, although we don't have a comment system and we only have associated thread, but we disabled associated thread there as users don't want it)

Just my other question is still unanswered. When the product is on sale, is there detailed info inluding "stike-through main price" and "bold sale price", "save amount banner" and ... on the product Grid, and product sale page? (which is I think there, but want to make sure)
Sorry I missed that. Here's how the sale is denoted on the grid page:

It doesn't show the before price anywhere on the product page or the product list, but the checkout screen will display the amount the user saved as a result of the sale.

Fillip

Sorry I missed that. Here's how the sale is denoted on the grid page:

It doesn't show the before price anywhere on the product page or the product list, but the checkout screen will display the amount the user saved as a result of the sale.

This is what was in my mind (that "Save ..." can also be on that Ribbon in your picture next to "Sale")
Not a big deal as I think can be added by TM, but as its something almost everyone will like, and is not taking that much time to be added to the core, would be nice if you add it.
(same thing on the product page. you know, customers need to see things. they should figure out about discounts, sales, coupons etc... we should put things in their eyes :D By things I mean info :p)

That's actually pretty cool, I might just replace the existing label with the green one with "Save" in it though, since if you end up saving something like $15.45 it might overflow, especially with languages where the word "Save" is more than 4 characters :)

Fillip
..but it would be cool to have it saying (-14,99 €). That saves up the space for the 4 letter word and even the US guys, which need at least 11 for a bold "MonsterDeal!", would get the idea by the minus sign.. ;)

..but it would be cool to have it saying (-14,99 €). That saves up the space for the 4 letter word and even the US guys, which need at least 11 for a bold "MonsterDeal!", would get the idea by the minus sign.. ;)
I'll phrase the entire thing so you'll be able to change it to your heart's content anyway :)

Fillip

Top Bottom