[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce

[DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce [Paid] 3.4.0

No permission to buy ($29.95)
By the way, I really like the add-on, so I hope that the feedback is seen as constructive.

This is the next stage for a non registered user after attempting to edit the cart:

It's quite confusing, don't you think?
Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 12.17.00.webp

I would have thought a simple cart page, then an option to remove items if needed.
Of course, it's not that simple :)

The cart page contains tax rates (and in the case of physical products, shipping rates), as well as various other pieces of info that requires a user account tied to it.

I've never come across any shop / ecommerce site that requires a user to register to remove / edit a cart.
I'm not sure how this is relevant to the discussion or relevant to anything I've said. What I said was: If this was a major sticking point, then it would have come up sooner, as this has been the case since day 1.

We have received absolutely no feedback other than your post regarding this, not from people trying to purchase from us, nor from anyone who has purchased this mod and implemented it on their sites.

If you have any suggestions on how to implement the functionality then I'm all ears :)

By the way, I really like the add-on, so I hope that the feedback is seen as constructive.

This is the next stage for a non registered user after attempting to edit the cart:

It's quite confusing, don't you think?
I don't think so, no, as each section is clearly labelled. Can you please elaborate on what you find confusing about that page?

Fillip

I'm not sure how this is relevant to the discussion or relevant to anything I've said.
Dude I'm trying to give feedback on your product to help you. I'm simply stating that as an end user, I was trying to remove an item from the cart on your own website, and I couldn't. That is a poor user experience, in my opinion. I've never in my experience been required to register to a site in order to edit a cart. I understand you've had no feedback on this, so consider this a first (y)

I don't think so, no, as each section is clearly labelled. Can you please elaborate on what you find confusing about that page?
Well, look at the page, you've got multiple registration options, 2 x logo's of all the social networks etc.

Dude I'm trying to give feedback on your product to help you. I'm simply stating that as an end user, I was trying to remove an item from the cart on your own website, and I couldn't. That is a poor user experience, in my opinion. I've never in my experience been required to register to a site in order to edit a cart. I understand you've had no feedback on this, so consider this a first (y)
I understand that, what I was asking for was ideas on how to implement removing from cart without needing the full cart page.

I'll brainstorm for a bit and see if I can come up with something workable.

multiple registration options
Only because connected account providers are set up. The form you're seeing (below the login options) is identical to the regular registration form. In fact, it's loading the actual registration form :)

2 x logo's of all the social networks
Login ≠ registration, so naturally there would be two different options. They perform two wildly different actions.

Fillip

Just a quick update to let you know that after considering the various options, I decided the best option would be to add a new line to the cart popup with a "Remove from cart" link.

I contemplated creating a duplicate version of the cart screen without any of the user-only options, but in my opinion it would be a strange UX to see two different versions of the same cart screen. Not only that, but it would require users to load an entirely new page in order to manage the contents of their cart.

Initially, I thought the "Remove from cart" link option was sub-optimal because I believed I had linked the main cart popup (in similar ways to how you can click anywhere in the alert box to go to a new PM or go to the post that was liked, etc), but as it turns out I was wrong :D

The link loads in an overlay and asks for confirmation, to avoid misclicks.

You can check it out @ DBTech just now :)

Due to a bug discovered with the Email Stop system for order reminders, I'll be releasing v1.0.2 with this change shortly.

Fillip

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte eCommerce with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This release is a small update to address feedback and fix a couple discovered bugs.

Prior to this update, guest users would be unable to remove items from their carts without first registering to the forum, and setting their addresses. This has now been remedied via a new link in the cart pop-up. Thanks to @Mackeral_Fillet for the constructive feedback 👍

Furthermore, a few bugs with the "Email Stop" system have been fixed. These issues...

Read the rest of this update entry...

dang was hoping for your classifieds release :/
I wouldn't hold your breath for Classifieds functionality in this mod, to be honest. This mod wasn't designed to be used that way, although I do recognise that it's a feature set that's desirable, so I tried to avoid designing the mod in such a way it would be impossible.

The priority is always going to be eCommerce functionality over Classifieds functionality.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news :(

Fillip

Hi @DragonByte Tech is it possible to get 2 checkboxes in the cart checkout? When we sell digital products like software, in germany we had to ask the customer to agree for 2 different terms with 2 different checkboxes. Only if both are checked the customer should be able to check out.

Hi @DragonByte Tech is it possible to get 2 checkboxes in the cart checkout? When we sell digital products like software, in germany we had to ask the customer to agree for 2 different terms with 2 different checkboxes. Only if both are checked the customer should be able to check out.
Since there is only one set of terms being agreed to, I don't understand the purpose of a second check box. Can you please clarify?

Fillip

It's a little bit complicated german law for customer rights. If well sell products online, we must have to give the customer the opportunity to give the product back till 30 days after purchase. It is called "Widerrufsrecht", like cancellation terms. For that it is enough if we force the customer to agree with the terms and license policy. We just need one checkbox.

But, this is just for physical products. If we sell e.g. software we had to force our customer to agree at first the "normal" terms and license policy, and secondly they must agree with the "cancellation terms". These cancellation terms say that for e.g. software they don't have the right to give it back until 30 days. It is weard and hard to understand also for german people.

If you sell a mug, the customer just say "Okay i read, understand and agree with the terms and license policy. I know that i have the opportunity to give the mug back until 30 days without a reason"..
If you sell software or something else for downloading, the customer must say at first "Okay i read, understand and agree with the terms and license policy." and secondly "Okay, i understand that i don't have the opportunity to give the download back."

And for these, we are forced per law that we had to use two different checkboxes.

I hope that was clearly enough.. ;)

BTW.. Is this just for XenForo 2 or also for 1.5? Or did you have an import for Product Manager by ChrisD?

FYI.. @Alluidh

If you sell software or something else for downloading, the customer must say at first "Okay i read, understand and agree with the terms and license policy." and secondly "Okay, i understand that i don't have the opportunity to give the download back."
Just so I understand this 100%, are you saying that by German law, even if "I understand that I don't have the opportunity to give the download back." is in the Terms / License policy, which they explicitly read, understood and agreed to, that still has to be specified separately?

BTW.. Is this just for XenForo 2 or also for 1.5? Or did you have an import for Product Manager by ChrisD?
XenForo 2 only :)

There's an importer from the XF1 version of the Product Manager by Chris D but not the XF2 version, as I don't have access to that at the moment.

Fillip

Just so I understand this 100%, are you saying that by German law, even if "I understand that I don't have the opportunity to give the download back." is in the Terms / License policy, which they explicitly read, understood and agreed to, that still has to be specified separately?
For downloads it has to be seperated. The terms/license policy and the cancellation terms must be two different pages/papers. At the moment we had the problem that we can't use any shop for xenforo. But we like to use it and not another shop software just because these law.

There's an importer from the XF1 version of the Product Manager by Chris D but not the XF2 version, as I don't have access to that at the moment.
Thats fine for us.. (y)

For downloads it has to be seperated. The terms/license policy and the cancellation terms must be two different pages/papers. At the moment we had the problem that we can't use any shop for xenforo. But we like to use it and not another shop software just because these law.
I see, thank you for bearing with me :)

I will add this in the next release, I'll @ mention you in the release notes so you'll know when it's implemented. Time permitting I'll release the update either later today or tomorrow, or as soon as possible after that :)

Fillip

I will add this in the next release, I'll @ mention you in the release notes so you'll know when it's implemented. Time permitting I'll release the update either later today or tomorrow, or as soon as possible after that :)

Please make an option for that. I don't think everybody wants to have a lot of strange checkboxes in his store. ;)

And thanks for this add-on, which is a lot more useable than XPM for professional stores. We will certainly use it once we switch our site to XF2.

Please make an option for that. I don't think everybody wants to have a lot of strange checkboxes in his store. ;)
Normaly it should be only an optional option during the creation of a shop element/offer. So in my opinion it is more or less only an option ;)

And thanks for this add-on, which is a lot more useable than XPM for professional stores. We will certainly use it once we switch our site to XF2.
Not only is it an option, it will default to off :)

I feel like anything that adds an extra barrier between a customer purchasing from your site (and isn't a global legal requirement, such as recording acceptance of the Terms of Service) should always have an option to be turned off. I've tried to maintain a balance between making it user friendly and making it easier for the site owner to maintain.

An example of that is guest purchasing - the concern about removing items from cart aside (which has been addressed), an argument could be made that it would be better if it was possible to complete the checkout process without actually having an account on the site. The guest could receive a unique code, like the unsubscription hash used to identify users in email unsubscribe links, that would be used to obtain their downloads at a later date.

However, the problem with that is that it vastly increases the complexity of the product. Suddenly I have to create an entirely different system for notifying users that their products have been updated. Opt-out for update notifications becomes an absolute nightmare to deal with, coding wise. Then what if the guest registers later? They need a way of bringing their purchases onto their account. What if they lose the code? What if their code gets stolen somehow?

I could spend hours coming up with a thousand different ways that something could go horrendously wrong if I were to add the ability to complete the checkout process without an account.

With an account however, the only way their products could get stolen was if the user was a bit silly and used a weak password, no Two-Factor Authentication and had their account details stolen. The number of "points of failure" goes down drastically. That's not to mention the benefits of accounts, namely marketing and sales opportunities.

That turned into a little bit of a ramble there 😅

In short: I really care about this product and I've tried to put a lot of thought into every part of it, and hopefully that shows!

Fillip

Top Bottom