[DBTech] DragonByte Donate

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate [Paid] 3.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
Is there any way to replace the word "Donate" in the Navbar? I've searched in Phrases, and it isn't obvious. Thanks.

Could someone remind me how to manually add a donation again please :)

Have forgotten, and cant see how to do it again! :D

Cheers

Ah yeah, I remember now. I removed that functionality due to associated reported bugs. It's something I can look into the feasibility of adding in the future, for now I'm focusing on XF2 updates so I'm not really working on any updates other than bugfixes just now.

There will be an exception to that rule tonight with a Credits update, but that's because I promised the update before I started work on XF2 and simply forgot about it :P

Fillip

Is the PHP Version of 5.6 a "Requirement" as in will the MOD not work if the PHP Version is say 5.3.15 for instance?
It is very unlikely this mod will work for PHP 5.3. It may work on 5.4, but I believe I made it refuse to install on PHP versions older than 5.6.

I hope you realise that PHP 5.3 is no longer supported and that your server may be vulnerable to security flaws as a result.

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech can we use this mod for user promotion where it will consider the total amount of donation he did in the past, and another option for user donated in the last x days?
There are 3 total Criteria options available to you:
  1. Total Donations
  2. Public Donations
  3. Anonymous Donations
There's no limiter for "last X days", but you could set it up so that once the user has donated at least Y, they will get a trophy or a promotion or whatever else uses the XF Criteria system :)

Fillip

Major flaw here, unable to add in donations manually (Some members simply hand over Cash at meetings) which really makes the AddOn difficult to use unless there's some sort of work around for that.

Major flaw here, unable to add in donations manually (Some members simply hand over Cash at meetings) which really makes the AddOn difficult to use unless there's some sort of work around for that.
It's not a flaw, it's currently intended for donations to not be added manually. That being said, the code for it does exist, it was commented out because problems were reported with it.

If you open /library/DBTech/Donate/ActionAdmin/Donationlog.php you should see the block of code commented out. Uncommenting it will enable the feature, but it is unsupported.

Fillip

@DragonByte Tech We had your donations management option installed on our old vBulletin system and I had done a bit of styling on it to make it less obtrusive at the top of all pages. Is it possible to style the donation progress bar of this application to have the attached appearance?

donatebar.webp

@DragonByte Tech We had your donations management option installed on our old vBulletin system and I had done a bit of styling on it to make it less obtrusive at the top of all pages. Is it possible to style the donation progress bar of this application to have the attached appearance?

View attachment 161466
I don't see why not, at the moment it uses the same style XF1 uses for the attachments uploader, and I believe that tradition also carries forward with the XF2 version. You should have full control over the CSS, although in the XF2 version it uses LESS rather than raw CSS, so that's something to watch out for if and when you move forward with the XF2 version in the future.

At the moment, there's no built-in upgrade path from the vB version of the Donate mod, but XF1 to XF2 upgrades will be fully supported. With some trickery it may be possible to import the existing vB donation records into XF, if that's something you're concerned with.

Fillip

I would probably use sql directly to import the old donors. I currently have ThemeHouse Donations installed on XF and I kind of like their tie in to usergroup promotions. We did not use that before, but are considering it now.

I have full control of the CSS in the ThemeHouse facility also, but the starting model is much larger and heavier than what I had before and I am hoping to have a bit less work.

Thanks for the response. I will dig a little deeper.

I would probably use sql directly to import the old donors. I currently have ThemeHouse Donations installed on XF and I kind of like their tie in to usergroup promotions. We did not use that before, but are considering it now.

I have full control of the CSS in the ThemeHouse facility also, but the starting model is much larger and heavier than what I had before and I am hoping to have a bit less work.

Thanks for the response. I will dig a little deeper.
For the record, we have usergroup promotions too (permanent or temporary, exact same functionality as XF’s built in user upgrades), and we make everything customisable via CSS - no in-line styling :)

Sorry for the short answer, I’m on mobile right now.

Fillip

Top Bottom