[DBTech] DragonByte Donate

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate [Paid] 3.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
If someone is donating anonymus, he still shows up in the list of donators with his username. Both on the side bar and in the donation drive overview.

How can I fix this?
No it doesn't. If someone donates anonymously, this is how it displays:

5DMEKXm.png

Anonymous donations are also not displayed in the sidebar.

Another bug:

If I set in ACP that no donators shall be shown, it still displays the two categoreis most recent and top donators.

View attachment 177862

Those settings are working correctly. The sidebar block on the Donation Drive page does not display when the Top Donators limit is set to 0.

You are probably using some form of aggressive caching that is causing these issues, because these issues are not bugs in this mod.

Fillip

No it doesn't. If someone donates anonymously, this is how it displays:

5DMEKXm.png

Anonymous donations are also not displayed in the sidebar.

Those settings are working correctly. The sidebar block on the Donation Drive page does not display when the Top Donators limit is set to 0.

You are probably using some form of aggressive caching that is causing these issues, because these issues are not bugs in this mod.

Fillip

here are my screenshots.

user shelob donated anonymus. He still, shows up on the right side of the donation page. This is not a cache issue.

I set in ACP everything to "0". On the front page it disappears, but not on the donation page.

XF 1.5.21 and donation manager 3.01. Downloaded it yesterday.

donate_anonym3_acp_settings.webp

donate_anonym2.webp

donate_anonym1.webp

is there a way in version 3.01 for XF 1.5x to hide the collected amount of money only for a specific donation drive? I get the feedback that many users are afraid to donate because they do not want to show, that they only donated a smal amount of money

Screenshot:

How do get this (marked in red) disabled on a campaign by campaign basis?

donate_without_measurement_earnings.webp

Last edited:
here are my screenshots.

user shelob donated anonymus. He still, shows up on the right side of the donation page. This is not a cache issue.
That's not what you said in your previous post, though, which is why I highlighted the part I did.

Screenshot:

How do get this (marked in red) disabled on a campaign by campaign basis?
You can't. You can turn off the end date, but you cannot disable the "Earned" bit. You can modify the templates, but that is not something we're able to assist with as customisations are outside the scope of support.

Fillip

o.k., so disabling the display is not possible. Unfortunately a template modification does not help, since this would influence the display of all donation campaigns, not only one. I need the display for some and for some others I do not want to display it, depending on the donation campaign.

Regarding the 2 bugs, how shall we proceed?

a) If I disable the display for top and recent donators by putting the zero in the ACP-field, it shall display nowhere this list, no matter where. Is there a quick fix for this possible?

b) If the donator donated anonymiously, he still shows up in these lists as shown above. Is there a quick fix for this possible?

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte Donate with a new update entry:

Update highlights

This update fixes a few reported issues.

Complete Change Log

Fix: Updated the exchange rate API endpoint
Fix: On the main Donate overview page, the sidebar did not respect the "Top Donators" Limit or "Recent Donators" Limit settings
Fix: On the main Donate overview page, anonymous donations are no longer included in the "Recent Donators" sidebar block

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks. That fix was REALLY quick!

Unfortunately, the anonymus still shows up on the front page under "recent donators". Everything else seems to be fixed.

donate_anonym4_frontpage.webp

As far as I can see, it is not possible to setup in this plugin a recurring donation, like a subscription. So these would be my suggestions for future updates:

A. Too many different places to donate: My users are confused that when they want to donate longterm, they have to do it in their userprofile instead of where the donate tab is located. There is neither a possibility to display a button on the donation campaign overview page which would lead them then to the subscription of XF automatically. And third the amount they pay with a subscription should be added in the "earned" measurement.

B. Another suggestion would be to have the ability in ACP to turn on/off the display of the count down and the earned money for each campaign individually.

I need the display for example if I do massaorders for my community at a wholesaler. There I need the information how much money we still need to collect to hit the mnimum reuiremet to be able to order something. But for the "normal" donations, I do not wnat to show it, because it is not always an advantage in the userview to see how donated how much and not in my interest, if by accident many users donated more than I expected. This will turn off other users to keep donating.

C. Donate button only in the overview visible, not in the details page. A user gets confused if he is reading the detailed description of a donataion campaign, but he can not click on a button to donate there. He needs to go back to the overview page to ba able to click on a donate button. IMHO the donate button should be on all pages, to make the process as easy as possible for the user.

sorry to bother here so much. I have another question. I just installed the new hotfix.

When I login as regular user, I can see now in the campaign detail page who has donated, although I turned off in ACP the display of recent and top donators.

The problem I have with this is that this way of displaying it, it is basically the same information as recent donators. So if I do not want to display recent donators, I obviously neither want to have the donators displayed there ;)

Is there a way to fix this?

donators_displayed.webp

C. Donate button only in the overview visible, not in the details page. A user gets confused if he is reading the detailed description of a donataion campaign, but he can not click on a button to donate there. He needs to go back to the overview page to ba able to click on a donate button. IMHO the donate button should be on all pages, to make the process as easy as possible for the user.

it seems that this is a template issue. I use UI.X. If I go very slowly over the small light blue colour (see screenshot above), I can click on it and get to the donation popup window.

Could you please check what you did differently on your details page vs. the overview page?

Could you please check what you did differently on your details page vs. the overview page?
Nothing. They use the same HTML and CSS. You should contact the developers of your skin and ask them for advice, if they tell you I should make any changes to the skin then feel free to let me know what they want me to change in order to support their skin.

Fillip

There's nothing to fix, as it's not broken. You need to modify the templates if you want to remove that display, as it is not covered by any settings.

Fillip

But where is the logic in displaying that by default and ignoring that I turned the display of that information off in ACP?

But where is the logic in displaying that by default and ignoring that I turned the display of that information off in ACP?
Where is the logic in applying a totally unrelated setting to that list?

Enter the number of recent donators to display in the forum sidebar, or 0 to disable this display.

How does it make any sense whatsoever to apply a setting that explicitly states "in the forum sidebar" to an area that is not the forum sidebar?

Spoiler alert: It doesn't make any sense :P

Fillip

Except for the additional display of the donarors below, which could cause the hiding of the donate button?
If I knew what caused your issue, I wouldn't have asked you to contact your skin developer for assistance with figuring out what caused your issue :)

Fillip

Where is the logic in applying a totally unrelated setting to that list?

How does it make any sense whatsoever to apply a setting that explicitly states "in the forum sidebar" to an area that is not the forum sidebar?

Spoiler alert: It doesn't make any sense :p

Fillip

Fillip,

the only thing that counts is the result. If i do not want to display an information, I do not want it. FULLSTOP. If you offer the possibility in ACP to turn off an information to show up display, but at the same time you force the display 1cm on the left nevertheless, then it is called unlogic.

Top Bottom