[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.9.0

No permission to buy ($14.95)
I bought it about an hour ago. Is there a way to link the credits to a level system or advance a user's rank with credits?

I bought it about an hour ago. Is there a way to link the credits to a level system or advance a user's rank with credits?
You can use the "User promotions" system in XF2 to promote users, and Credits does insert itself into the User Criteria system, so that may work for you :)

Fillip

You can use the "User promotions" system in XF2 to promote users, and Credits does insert itself into the User Criteria system, so that may work for you :)

Fillip

Thanks! I'm looking into how to do that for Trophie's as well. Another question came to mind. The Dragon Shop and Dragon Credits addons have created two entities known as Credits. Once counts characters. The other does not. How do I get the Shop to use the Currency listed under the Credits Addon?

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm looking into how to do that for Trophie's as well. Another question came to mind. The Dragon Shop and Dragon Credits addons have created two entities known as Credits. Once counts characters. The other does not. How do I get the Shop to use the Currency listed under the Credits Addon?

Thanks!
You can integrate the Shop currency with the Credits currency by changing the points field to be equal between them, and also selecting the DB Credits currency in the integration menu in the currency settings.

Fillip

I updated it, but when I try to give a warning with someone who doesn't have enough credits, I get this error.

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1264]: Out of range value for column 'dbtech_credits_credits' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212
XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 77
XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Application/Db.php at line 785
DBTech\Credits\Application\Db->query() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/AbstractEvent.php at line 649
DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\AbstractEvent->_commit() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/AbstractEvent.php at line 598
DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\AbstractEvent->trigger() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event/Warning.php at line 45
DBTech\Credits\Model\Event\Warning->apply() in src/addons/DBTech/Credits/XF/Entity/Warning.php at line 50
DBTech\Credits\XF\Entity\Warning->_postSave() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1145
XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/Service/User/Warn.php at line 169
XF\Service\User\Warn->_save() in src/XF/Service/ValidateAndSavableTrait.php at line 40
XF\Service\User\Warn->save() in src/XF/ControllerPlugin/Warn.php at line 41
XF\ControllerPlugin\Warn->actionWarn() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php at line 975
XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionWarn() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

You can integrate the Shop currency with the Credits currency by changing the points field to be equal between them, and also selecting the DB Credits currency in the integration menu in the currency settings.

Fillip

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to wrap my head around this. So I've enabled integration and posting awards the integrated currency, but it doesn't change/move the Shop Currency at all. So it's not accumulating and working properly so I can purchase anything. There has to be a setting somewhere that I am missing.

Thanks for the reply! I'm trying to wrap my head around this. So I've enabled integration and posting awards the integrated currency, but it doesn't change/move the Shop Currency at all. So it's not accumulating and working properly so I can purchase anything. There has to be a setting somewhere that I am missing.

You may have done some of these steps already, so treat this as a checklist:

• AdminCP
    • DragonByte Credits
      • Options
        • General Options
          • Enable Modification
        • Event Options
          • Enable Events
      • Manage Currencies
        • Credits (or whichever currency you're using)
          • Main Settings
            • Active: Yes
          • Currency Settings
            • Make note of the column (default for 'Credits' is dbtech_credits_credits)
      • Manage Events
        • Add New Event: Post
          • Main Settings
          • Event Settings
            • Currency: Credits
            • Charge for Event Trigger: No
            • Post Amount: 1 (or more)
            • Post Negation Amount: Same as Post Amount
          • Advanced Settings
            • Frequency: 1
            • Maximum Applications: 0
            • Limit Period: 0
            • Display in Transaction Log: Yes
          • Event Trigger Specific Settings
            • Thread ID: none or 0
    • DragonByte Shop
      • Options
        • General Options
          • Enable Modification
          • Enable Points Accumulation: Off (your points are coming from DBCredits)
      • Manage Currencies
        • Points (or whichever currency you're using)
          • Main Settings
          • Currency Settings
            • Points Column: the column from the other currency (again, default is dbtech_credits_credits)
            • Points per Post: 0 (you'll gain currency from the DBCredits Events)
            • Points per Thread: 0 (you'll gain currency from the DBCredits Events)
          • Advanced Settings
            • Integrated Currency: Credits
In the "Event Settings" you can limit it to postings in particular forums or by particular usergroups. I would select nothing for those until you're sure it works. Hopefully this helps. It's easier once you've made the first one.

You may have done some of these steps already, so treat this as a checklist:

• AdminCP
    • DragonByte Credits
      • Options
        • General Options
          • Enable Modification
        • Event Options
          • Enable Events
      • Manage Currencies
        • Credits (or whichever currency you're using)
          • Main Settings
          • Currency Settings
            • Make note of the column (default for 'Credits' is dbtech_credits_credits)
      • Manage Events
        • Add New Event: Post
          • Main Settings
          • Event Settings
            • Currency: Credits
            • Charge for Event Trigger: No
            • Post Amount: 1 (or more)
            • Post Negation Amount: Same as Post Amount
          • Advanced Settings
            • Frequency: 1
            • Maximum Applications: 0
            • Limit Period: 0
            • Display in Transaction Log: Yes
          • Event Trigger Specific Settings
            • Thread ID: none or 0
    • DragonByte Shop
      • Options
        • General Options
          • Enable Modification
          • Enable Points Accumulation: Off (your points are coming from DBCredits)
      • Manage Currencies
        • Points (or whichever currency you're using)
          • Main Settings
          • Currency Settings
            • Points Column: the column from the other currency (again, default is dbtech_credits_credits)
            • Points per Post: 0 (you'll gain currency from the DBCredits Events)
            • Points per Thread: 0 (you'll gain currency from the DBCredits Events)
          • Advanced Settings
            • Integrated Currency: Credits
In the "Event Settings" you can limit it to postings in particular forums or by particular usergroups. I would select nothing for those until you're sure it works. Hopefully this helps. It's easier once you've made the first one.

Got it working. Is there a way to set it up so that, for example, you use your Points to buy something from the shop but it doesn't detract from Credits? Only Shop Points?

Got it working. Is there a way to set it up so that, for example, you use your Points to buy something from the shop but it doesn't detract from Credits? Only Shop Points?

I don't think there's an option for that, but one way you could do it is to create a second currency, Dollahs, and have users gain them at the same rate as Credits. So the one currency will show the maximum currency attained and the other one will be spent on Shop purchases.

I don't think there's an option for that, but one way you could do it is to create a second currency, Dollahs, and have users gain them at the same rate as Credits. So the one currency will show the maximum currency attained and the other one will be spent on Shop purchases.

No worries! I did exactly that and it worked! Thanks so much! New problem though. When setting up a paycheck event, the section that lets me specify length of time between payouts isn't showing up.

No worries! I did exactly that and it worked! Thanks so much! New problem though. When setting up a paycheck event, the section that lets me specify length of time between payouts isn't showing up.

I believe this is one of the few things you'll go into AdminCP -> DragonByte Credits -> Manage Event Triggers for. You can set the number of days (and a date to start from, which helps determine what day of the week the paycheck will be on) under Advanced Settings for Paycheck. Default seems to be every 7 days on Friday.

Be careful not to delete anything in Event Triggers, though. That could cause you to have to reinstall the add-ons and start over.

Be careful not to delete anything in Event Triggers, though. That could cause you to have to reinstall the add-ons and start over.
This is one of the things I'm going to make sure to improve in the re-engineered version - I made it so it would be possible for me (running in debug mode) to modify the event trigger settings, but it had unintended consequences when dealing with disabled checkboxes and forms that could lead to erasing all the settings for event triggers, which is somewhat sub-optimal.

Fillip

This is one of the things I'm going to make sure to improve in the re-engineered version - I made it so it would be possible for me (running in debug mode) to modify the event trigger settings, but it had unintended consequences when dealing with disabled checkboxes and forms that could lead to erasing all the settings for event triggers, which is somewhat sub-optimal.

Fillip

Sounds good. (y)

Will you also be updating the filters for the Transaction Log? I can't recall if I've seen it reported, yet, but I've noticed it won't actually filter for users, and filters for event/currency will disappear if you try to go to the next page. Not a major issue, of course, but now I've got someone complaining his points aren't right and I have 103 pages of transaction log to sift through to show him that yes, they are correct.

Thanks for all your help. I bought both the XenForo software and the Dragon stuff within hours of itself. Having someone to bounce basic setup questions off has been immensely helpful and proof that I made the right call.

Thanks for all your help. I bought both the XenForo software and the Dragon stuff within hours of itself. Having someone to bounce basic setup questions off has been immensely helpful and proof that I made the right call.

You're welcome. I've been in that position myself before. Now that I'm better at figuring these things out, I try to help out where I can.

Getting started is hardest, but it will get easier for you.

Sounds good. (y)

Will you also be updating the filters for the Transaction Log? I can't recall if I've seen it reported, yet, but I've noticed it won't actually filter for users, and filters for event/currency will disappear if you try to go to the next page. Not a major issue, of course, but now I've got someone complaining his points aren't right and I have 103 pages of transaction log to sift through to show him that yes, they are correct.
It should be hotfixed in the latest version but I will review every piece of functionality - after all, I have to, since almost 0% of the existing code will be kept :P

Fillip

Top Bottom