[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
@DragonByte Tech Hey Fillip, Currently we are missing the control of XF's powerful User Criteria in the "Event Settings" tab. This currently offers Usergroup selection only, but we need more criteria options, such as:
  • User is a member of any of the selected user groups
  • User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups
  • Registered between
  • Last visited between
  • Message count between
  • Trophy points between
  • Content and Achievements
  • Staff State
  • User State
  • Specific Users: User name is
  • Shop and Credits criteria
You can see these User Criteria options on /admin.php?users/alert and /admin.php?notices/add pages. It would be great if we have a separate tab for User Criteria options. Thanks :)

I am not sure if this is the best approach.

I don't want to give Credits to Inactive Users.
Our usergroups are build the way xF suggests. Means everybody's Primary group is "Registered User" and then they are added to "Secondary groups". One of them is the "Inactive User" when they didn't log in for the past 2 years.
I wan't to exclude those people from getting credits.
For example I give 5 credits every time users create a thread but exclude the Inactive users.
I noticed as they are still listed in the "Primary Group" they still get counted even when I deselect the "Inactive Users" group in the options.

So far the only way I could think of is to have them getting the credits for "Threads" and then as a 2nd step create another "Thread" event and charging just the "Inactive Users" group with the same amount of Credits.
Means first they get 5 credits for being in the Primary group and then 5 credits are charged for being in the "Inactive user" group.

Is this for now the only way to do it or is there an easier solution?

Thanks for any input

[...]Is this for now the only way to do it or is there an easier solution?
You can do it that way, or you can flip the usergroup setup around, so that when they are active they get promoted to "Active Users" and when they fall behind on the activity, they get removed from this usergroup. I'm assuming XF's promotions system has the ability to take away usergroups as well.

Fillip

You can do it that way, or you can flip the usergroup setup around, so that when they are active they get promoted to "Active Users" and when they fall behind on the activity, they get removed from this usergroup. I'm assuming XF's promotions system has the ability to take away usergroups as well.
Fillip

Thanks. Your suggestion is more logic. By moving them to the "active usergroup" I just have to use that usergroup for the events calculation. Saves 1 step.

My next question:
Will DBcredits know when a user is removed from the Active Usergroup and remove him from the calculations and Top10 list ?
If so when will this happen? I checked the Cron jobs and only saw one entry for Birtdays

Michael

The Top 10 list is generated on the fly, it's not cached anywhere. That being said, it will not remove them from that list since it does not care about what user group the user belongs to, sorry :(

Fillip

The Top 10 list is generated on the fly, it's not cached anywhere. That being said, it will not remove them from that list since it does not care about what user group the user belongs to, sorry :(
Fillip

Thanks. That's OK and good to know. Guess running a rebuild once a month won't hurt to get the list updated :)

Upgraded but I can't find "Taxation event". Should I do any special thing so that it comes in events or event triggers list?

Thanks

Can you try manually run this query and let me know what it says:
Code:
                INSERT INTO `xf_dbtech_credits_eventtrigger` (`eventtriggerid`, `title`, `description`, `active`, `callback_class`, `multiplier`, `multiplier_label`, `multiplier_popup`, `parent`, `category`, `global`, `revert`, `cancel`, `rebuild`, `charge`, `usergroups`, `currency`, `referformat`, `outbound`, `inbound`, `value`, `settings`)
                VALUES
                    ('taxation', 'Taxation', X'4175746F6D61746963616C6C7920746178206D656D62657273272063757272656E63696573206F7665722074696D652E', 1, 'DBTech_Credits_Model_Event_Taxation', 1, 'Currency|Currency', 0, '', 'time', 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, '', 1, 1, 1, X'613A323A7B733A31373A227461786174696F6E5F696E74657276616C223B733A323A223330223B733A31343A227461786174696F6E5F7374617274223B733A31303A22323030392D31322D3235223B7D')

Fillip

Upgraded but I can't find "Taxation event". Should I do any special thing so that it comes in events or event triggers list?

Thanks

Same here, not found yet :)

This means the 4.0.0 Beta 1 upgrade code was not run for either of you. You need to enable debug mode in config.php, then manually set the version number to 3.9.9 and version ID to 20161099
After this is done, re-import the product XML file which will hopefully run the upgrade code for 4.0.0b1 and newer.

Fillip

This means the 4.0.0 Beta 1 upgrade code was not run for either of you. You need to enable debug mode in config.php, then manually set the version number to 3.9.9 and version ID to 20161099
After this is done, re-import the product XML file which will hopefully run the upgrade code for 4.0.0b1 and newer.

Fillip
I did it.

The result:
  • it moved the dropdown from "Right - after alert tab" to "Left - after member tab"
  • it made Visit and Profile event triggers English again (although they were translated before)
  • Taxation is now appeared.
Its seems eveything is fine now.

Thanks

I'll update the alert template for the next version, sorry about that.

Fillip
No problem. Thanks

Do you have any ETA about when rebuild will be stable? Very important in our case. Lots of active uaers can't use lots of part just because they don't have enough credites, where if we rebuild credits, they will have tens of thausands of credits to get anything they want.

Do you have any ETA about when rebuild will be stable? Very important in our case. Lots of active uaers can't use lots of part just because they don't have enough credites, where if we rebuild credits, they will have tens of thausands of credits to get anything they want.
As far as I can tell, it is stable now, although without any more test cases it's impossible to say :)

If no-one ever tests it, it will never be stable :)

Fillip

As far as I can tell, it is stable now, although without any more test cases it's impossible to say :)

If no-one ever tests it, it will never be stable :)
Fillip

Fillip,
I can do as much testing as needed as we are still running our new forum in Beta
Will update to the newest Beta version and do some Rebuilds.
Just before I update is the issue I had fixed in the new Beta as you did a manual fix on our forum yourself: See post #453

Top Bottom