[DBTech] DragonByte Credits

[DBTech] DragonByte Credits [Paid] 5.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)
it cool, but you can set up for people to spend points?

For example, in your forum you have a category where costs 500 melons each topic, if someone wants to create a new topic must have 500 melons, or buy 500 melons, works well?

Sorry for the questions I'm New Here.
That is absolutely possible :)

When you set up a new Thread event, you can choose a specific forum for it to apply in, and turn on a Charge flag which means however much you enter in the "Amount" box is what the users will have to pay to start a new thread in that particular forum.

If they do not have enough credits, they will be given an error message and the thread will not be posted.

Fillip

Fillip:

I have been experimenting with the setup, settings, and events.
I like the way you can configure this very much.

A couple of suggestions or questions, but just let me know if I missed the obvious,...

1. I recommend having the Credits link for the transactions/wallet page (like the navtab link) also available as an option to locate inside the member dropdown area. You know, where the member can select their preferences etc)

2. I think the Purchase points tab should be located in the wallet itself instead of where it is right now. Maybe also have a tab at the wallet for donations too.
Like /Wallet/Purchase/Donate Tab arrangement.

3. I think a user should be blocked from donating to themselves. (did I miss something in setup?)

4. The Charge icon should not show up in the post editor if it has not been activated.(did I miss something in setup?)

5. When I click on the Navtab link for Credits, I get this navigation bar over where the subnav bar normally is, with a Transaction link that just leads me to the same page. Should this just be removed so it doesnt interfere with the layout and since the link only shows up on the page you are already on?

Love this so far. Cant wait to apply it to a store shop.

Thanks.
Mark T

2. I think the Purchase points tab should be located in the wallet itself instead of where it is right now. Maybe also have a tab at the wallet for donations too.
Like /Wallet/Purchase/Donate Tab arrangement.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly but the fact is that Purchase events are tied to currency IDs, therefore they can only really show up when we have context (e.g. the currency popup overlay).

3. I think a user should be blocked from donating to themselves. (did I miss something in setup?)

4. The Charge icon should not show up in the post editor if it has not been activated.(did I miss something in setup?)
I'll look into these for a future version :)

5. When I click on the Navtab link for Credits, I get this navigation bar over where the subnav bar normally is, with a Transaction link that just leads me to the same page. Should this just be removed so it doesnt interfere with the layout and since the link only shows up on the page you are already on?
Sorry I don't know what you mean by "navigation bar over where the subnav normally is". Could you clarify please?

Fillip

1. example... to have the credits link option located here,...
linked.webp

2. buy points here link,...
wallet.webp

5. the comparison I found in subnavbar is the two images here, top normal, bottom abnormal is the "left" choice in navbar option,...

normal:
normal.webp
abnormal:
abnormal.webp

Thanks for your reply.

Mark

Last edited:
If a user donates to another user who's not in one of the usergroups selected in the Donate Event, the currency integrity is compromised. The user donating has the donation amount deducted from their currency & receives an alert stating that they donated to user x. User x does not receive any currency or notification - the currency is removed from the system & the integrity of the currency is compromised.

This displays in the transaction log as Event Donate.

I believe this is a bug. If a user is unable to donate to another user, they should receive an error message on attempt stating so.

Any updates to this? Even a quick hack that checked if they were in usergroup x would be appreciated. Unable to use until this is addressed.

5. the comparison I found in subnavbar is the two images here, top normal, bottom abnormal is the "left" choice in navbar option,...
This will be resolved in an update on Monday :)

Any updates to this? Even a quick hack that checked if they were in usergroup x would be appreciated. Unable to use until this is addressed.
I will endeavour to include a check on both events in Monday's update :)

Fillip

Fillip,

I dont plan on using the charge spoiler feature. Is there a template or something I can edit to get rid of the editor button, until you can implement a change for that?

Thanks in advance.

Fillip,

I dont plan on using the charge spoiler feature. Is there a template or something I can edit to get rid of the editor button, until you can implement a change for that?

Thanks in advance.
Nothing needs to be implemented as you can simply disable the [charge] tag in the Custom BB Codes interface :)

Fillip

Thanks for the update Fillip!!

And yes, another noob question o_O

Is there a way to limit the Birthday event trigger so it only triggers on users that have logged in for like maybe 30 days, or whatever the setting is?

I set it up and now birthday events are awarding to members that havent logged in since 2006 :ROFLMAO:.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the update Fillip!!

And yes, another noob question o_O

Is there a way to limit the Birthday event trigger so it only triggers on users that have logged in for like maybe 30 days, or whatever the setting is?

I set it up and now birthday events are awarding to members that havent logged in since 2006 :ROFLMAO:.

Thanks, Mark
That's not possible at this time, sorry :(

Fillip

Was this working in your testing?

This is not working for me.

Setup 2 accounts, CANusecurrency & another Cantusecurrency. I gave the CAN 5 currency.

I had the CAN donate to the Cant.
A message appeared up top "Donation processed successfully."
The currency was deducted from the CAN account.
An alert was sent to the CAN account stating that it donated to the Can't acct.

The Cant account has 0 currency & recieved no alert.

Pm'ing you a quick video I took of the process (20s).

I'd really like to use this addon, when is your next update planned?
Can you try the following file edit:
Open /library/DBTech/Credits/Model/Event.php and find
PHP:
        if (!count($queue))
        {
            return;
        }

Replace with
PHP:
        if (!count($queue))
        {
            if ($this->debug OR $this->showErrors)
            {
                throw new DBTech_Security_Application_ResponseMessageException($this->app->phrase('dbtech_credits_no_possible_events'));
            }
            else
            {
                return;
            }
        }

And let me know if that works for you?

Fillip

Excellent! Thank you!

It successfully errored. (Currency was not deducted & I see no entry in the currency log in the admin panel). From initial checking , this solves the problem!

uwPD45y.png

Top Bottom