[cXF] Sticky Navigation

[cXF] Sticky Navigation [Paid] 3.11.2

No permission to buy ($22.00)
NOTE:

Sticky Moderator Bar option can only be used with Move visitorTabs to Moderator Bar option enabled, otherwise it won't show right for logged in users.

Fixed in version 3.0.1.

Last edited:
The one thing I noticed when I enabled the moderator bar and moved the links to the bar, it was extended to the far right of my browser screen but began on the left side at the border on my page. Hard to explain so I've attached a screenshot.

ScreenHunter_115 Jan. 07 18.18.webp

I can see your moderator bar is customized. That might be the problem. Try disabling add-ons for moderator bar, if you have any.

I implemented the sticky navbar. And noticed that when you follow a post link, such as those on the homepage, it brings you to the content, and blocks the first few lines, which is very bad for short content. Anyway to fix this? Say open the page X pixels higher than the post start (X being the height of the navbar) See example below:

After clicking post link:
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 10.41.31 PM.webp

Here is the content that the navbar is covering:
Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 10.41.39 PM.webp

This should work like that. Try with CTRL + F5. It works on my test and live forum. But I'll check things again.

Can we get the option where the navigation is only sticky at the top or visible, when the user scrolls up? Its in the UI.X framework.

Hey @BassMan I've just purchased your great addon :)
One request that I hope you'll take in consideration.

For mobile space purpose, should be great to be able to activate mini-icons (username/inbox/alerts/logout) on mobile only ("mobile mode" or min/max xxx px width as you prefer)

Schermata 2015-01-12 alle 09.31.42.webp

Oh and add "hide logout button on mobile" also!

What do you think about it? Is it difficult to implement?

Hi @BassMan one issue here :)

I've set up in this way

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.30.31.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.30.41.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.31.19.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.30.21.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.31.50.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.31.41.webp

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.30.04.webp

to obtain this sticky header:
Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.37.50.webp

As you can see all work as expected, but in admin mode only. Logged in users, have the second row visibile:

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 16.38.40.webp

How to solve that?

Hi giorgino,

in some specific cases or settings some thing may not work, specially with sticky moderator bar only for admin (so not to have visitorTabs in moderator bar).

I'll take a look if I can do something about it, when I find some time.

Disabling "Inline Alert Balloons" on admin version of the site, work as expected, but not in the user versione of the site (don't switch in inline after scrolling down)

Schermata 2015-01-14 alle 17.30.29.webp

You're right. Like said, that's because of sticky moderator bar not using with visitorTabs. I'll take a look.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Hi @BassMan one issue here :)

I've set up in this way

View attachment 94855

View attachment 94856

View attachment 94857

View attachment 94858

View attachment 94859

View attachment 94860

View attachment 94861

to obtain this sticky header:
View attachment 94866

As you can see all work as expected, but in admin mode only. Logged in users, have the second row visibile:

View attachment 94867

How to solve that?
Second row issue for users with sticky moderator bar (and not visitorTabs on) will be fixed in next version.

And the combo alerts issue for logged in users with sticky moderator bar (without visitorTabs on) will be fixed.

I'll try to update it later today. Sorry, quite busy now.

BassMan updated Sticky Navigation [premium edition] with a new update entry:

What's new in version 3.1.0:
  • new feature: disable logout link only on mobile
  • fix: hide second navigation row now works when sticky moderator bar is enabled
  • fix: alerts (inline/combo) now works when sticky moderator bar is enabled
  • minor bug fixes

How to upgrade:
  • you can only install the XML file, because no files in 'upload' folder have been changed

Read the rest of this update entry...

I noticed that activating the new option "Hide logout button on mobile for all" the logout icon is still here (on mobile), but the sticky menu begin to work as expected (only in desktop, on mobile look at following screenshot). I suspect that the bug is inside the new option...
I hope this help with the debug :)

IMG_0375.webp

Last edited:
Top Bottom