Resource icon

Custom Node Icon (icon for Category) 1.0

No permission to download
Can someone tell me how to revert back to default? Will the default icons be resorted if I uninstalled the add-on?

Can someone tell me how to revert back to default? Will the default icons be resorted if I uninstalled the add-on?
If I remember correctly... that was one of the bugs with this add-on and why I always recommend doing it via CSS and an include of said CSS template via the EXTRA.css.
You need to set the node icon back to default in the ACP.

Can anyone help me with this?
eP3nIyr.png

The default node icon doesn't disappear.

Can anyone help me with this?
The default node icon doesn't disappear.
What do you mean the default node icon doesn't appear?
Did you have this installed and then remove it? If so, that's your problem - as I stated in previous posts. It removes the default node icons. You will need to replace the information in there for them apparently. That's why I don't recommend using this no-longer supported add-on.

Or, do you mean you can't change one you uploaded? Your request is not real clear since that's not a default XenForo style image.

In the custom theme the default forum nodes icons remains along with the custom ones I upload. That is what I mean.

Uh-huh... just as I thought. You are using Font-Awesome with one of PixelExit's styles. It's going to be a simple matter of fixing, but you need to either post on the Style discussion topic or go over to PixelExit's site and ask there.
I don't use the Font-Awesome aspect of the style but I'm pretty sure if you are going to use use them, you will need to address it via CSS.
Code:
.node_22 .nodeIcon .fa:before
{
display:none !important;
}
where .node_22 is changed to the node you need to address may work.

But as I said, this needs to be addressed in their style thread or on their site since it's not specific to this add-on.

So… the idea is nice but it does not work as expected.

1) The default icons size is used to generate a new icon size. If I have 32 x 32 px icons uploaded it makes them 36 x 36 px (xenforo default i guess...)
2) It saves the uploaded icons as a NEW file……..
3) It changes the file extension from .png to .jpg…..

I have one question for all three points: WHY???

It would be totally sufficient if it uploads the icon file AS IS and let it be saved AS IS in the icon folder of the add-on. Why is there a resize and a new file extension saved?
It totally overrides the style I handcrafted with CSS (with 32px x 32 px icons). Totally unnecessary.

[EDIT:] I fixed this myself… found that the helper.php script and the icon.php scripts use STATIC values for size (36) and file extension (.jpg). It would be nice if you could include a solution for this in the next upgrade---> Use the original file size upload and check which extension is the actual of the uploaded file.

Last edited:
[EDIT:] I fixed this myself… found that the helper.php script and the icon.php scripts use STATIC values for size (36) and file extension (.jpg). It would be nice if you could include a solution for this in the next upgrade---> Use the original file size upload and check which extension is the actual of the uploaded file.
Considering that the author of this add-on has not been on since August 2013, I doubt it's being maintained. In fact, since it is problematic and hasn't been updated in almost 3 years it would probably be a good idea if staff changed the title to an unmaintained prefix.

Considering that the author of this add-on has not been on since August 2013, I doubt it's being maintained. In fact, since it is problematic and hasn't been updated in almost 3 years it would probably be a good idea if staff changed the title to an unmaintained prefix.
report it.

has anybody figured out how to make the icons high res, so not pixelated on high res displays?

EDIT: I was on the wrong thread…. my bad. Since I watched both and both sound similar.

Please HAVE A LOOK to the NEW Add-on for node icon tweaks, produced by ThemesCorp:
ADD-ON LINK

With THEIR Add-on it is VERY easy (and I am happy that ThemesCorp has done it very conveniently): Just double the size of the icon and leave the size set up in the node as it is (or better half of that size).

For example: Make your icon 72 x 72 px and have the size in the node setup to 36 px. So you have great results on retina displays (I tested it).

Last edited:
Top Bottom