Resource icon

Custom Node Icon (icon for Category) 1.0

No permission to download
I've modded this add-on to get past the 85% image quality, and the 36x36 size restriction since XF1.5 - but it's not my add-on so I can't release it here.

This add-on works, but does require updating. I don't have permission to re-submit, so I've posted the required changes in order to update it to work with XenForo 1.5.

Please read the 'notes' section at the bottom before you do anything.

1. Download the existing add-on.
2. Extract the files somewhere.
3. Open:

Code:
upload\library\Vinavb\CustomNodeIcon\DataWriter\Helper.php

Find (line 5):

Code:
public static $imageQuality = 85;

And replace with:

Code:
public static $imageQuality = 95;

The above is optional and controls the image quality of the uploaded image.

Find (line 12):

Code:
$iconsProcessed = self::doProcess($icons, 36);

And replace with:

Code:
$iconsProcessed = self::doProcess($icons, 64);

The '64' figure here is whatever you require to fit your forum design. You can see mine at vondroid.com

4. Save this file.
5. Open:

Code:
addon-_CustomNodeIcon.xml

You can change the title, but it's best to leave it as it is.

Find:

Code:
version_string="0.9"

And replace with:

Code:
version_string="1.0"

6. Upload the modified php file to your server (make sure you respect paths).
7. Update the add-on using the modified xml file.

Notes:
  • Newly uploaded node images will be set to the dimensions you've set above.
  • This will not change existing node icons.
  • I take ZERO responsibility if these modifications cause damage to your forum - back-up the changed files beforehand.

Last edited:
I have this installed but the icons that came with the style I have are still showing over my custom icons I have added with this add-on.
Is there a fix for this? Thanks.

So.. there is no way to remove the icon now. Anyone have a quick fix for this? I am launching soon and used this add-on through out my website. I rather not have to delete a forum just to remove it..

So.. there is no way to remove the icon now. Anyone have a quick fix for this? I am launching soon and used this add-on through out my website. I rather not have to delete a forum just to remove it..
Go to your forum root /data/node-icons and delete the _1 & _2 icons with the corresponding forum number. It's the only way I've found to do it.

Does this add-on work with 1.5.8?

How can I upload the new icons? I've just installed the add-on, no install error reported, but I cant find how to upload my customed icons. Anyone can help?

Top Bottom