Resource icon

Custom Node Icon (icon for Category) 1.0

No permission to download
A really great addon. Unfortunately it does not work for Link Forums or Social Groups from Waindigo. Can this be changed?

How to remove icon's once installed? I don't see a way. I can't even overwrite the original image. I'm going to have to uninstall and then start over.

That didn't work. Unless I'm doing something wrong everyone should know that you better get the image you want in there first - because it's never coming off. I hope somebody can make a better Forum icon add on

my first mod to install since moving to xenforo yesterday and i am unable to make the icons change when there is a new post, any ideas? Thanks in advance

I edited the file call Helper.php and I changed the value of 36 for wherever I want to have bigger icons, in this case I'm using 56x56 icons for mi forum, but also you need to change the value of your node icons in
If that works for me.. then it would work for someone else

Saludos :)
Actually, as easy as it is to do in a template (make a custom template for them and do an include of that template in your EXTRA.css) I don't see why anyone uses an add-on, especially if it still has the problem of the occurrence when you remove it.

it seems that the icons are cropped to 36x36 px......how can i set the icon size to 64x64 without this addon cropping the image size to 36x36?

it seems that the icons are cropped to 36x36 px......how can i set the icon size to 64x64 without this addon cropping the image size to 36x36?
If you are talking about the add-on, then I think there were files you had to edit. I think there is a post from me in the add-on discussion area pertaining to it but that's been a while ago.
That's why I don't use this add-on and do it strictly in a custom CSS template that I include via my EXTRA.css.

EDIT:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-node-icon-icon-for-category.30720/page-3#post-524164

If you are talking about the add-on, then I think there were files you had to edit. I think there is a post from me in the add-on discussion area pertaining to it but that's been a while ago.
That's why I don't use this add-on and do it strictly in a custom CSS template that I include via my EXTRA.css.

EDIT:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-node-icon-icon-for-category.30720/page-3#post-524164

Thanks alot for your kind reply. Well....i use almost 90 addons....you know why.......im not technical so i need lots of addons. ;-) I will copy the stuff from the link you have sent. Thanks again.

Thanks alot for your kind reply. Well....i use almost 90 addons....you know why.......im not technical so i need lots of addons. ;-) I will copy the stuff from the link you have sent. Thanks again.
Making a template is very easy... just go into the ACP -> Appearance -> Templates for the style you use and select Create New Template
Give it a name (I call mine custom_node_icons.css) and then include the necessary code.
Then in EXTRA.css I just do a
Code:
<xen:include template="custom_node_icons.css" />

Hardest part is finding the node numbers to use (and that's not that hard).
I ended up placing all of my images in a sprite sheet and then use the necessary code to load them from there. I just set a transparency level on the read ones to .4 so they appear dimmer.

Code:
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("images/nodes/node-sprite.png");
    background-position: 0px -88px;
    background-color: transparent;
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    opacity: 1.0;
}

Making a template is very easy... just go into the ACP -> Appearance -> Templates for the style you use and select Create New Template
Give it a name (I call mine custom_node_icons.css) and then include the necessary code.
Then in EXTRA.css I just do a
Code:
<xen:include template="custom_node_icons.css" />

Hardest part is finding the node numbers to use (and that's not that hard).
I ended up placing all of my images in a sprite sheet and then use the necessary code to load them from there. I just set a transparency level on the read ones to .4 so they appear dimmer.

Code:
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    opacity: 0.4;
}
.node.node_2 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_2 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    opacity: 1.0;
}

Ok. I will try with this solution. Again. Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards

Tried it but with the spritesheet wont work for me because too technical. I hope the addon developer will have a solution
You can do it with individual images... instead of pointing at the sprite sheet you just point at the image you want to use and remove the background-position statements.
You may be waiting a while for a response from the developer. Was last on 08/2013.

Top Bottom