Current Litigation

Bringing this topic back to life, I just finished reading two articles over at vbtruth in regards to the litigation. I never thought the roadmap on the litigation filings was legible, but after reading them with my own eyes, I AM BEYOND PISSED.

The things Internet Brands is accusing Kier for taking is simply COMMON KNOWLEDGE in the webmaster world. WHAT THE HECK!?!?!?

Wow.. just wow.. (shakes head)

Go read it yourself. http://vbtruth.com/its-an-internet-brands-trap/402/

Shamil already posted the pdf here before vbtruth did, and it's been discussed there in full detail. Sorry to hear you missed it :)

Bringing this topic back to life, I just finished reading two articles over at vbtruth in regards to the litigation. I never thought the roadmap on the litigation filings was legible, but after reading them with my own eyes, I AM BEYOND PISSED.
This was my reply to that article:

Social Bookmark Widgets - Um, there are hundreds, thousands of websites that have this.
URL/Permalinks - Hundreds of other forum software has this implemented. Sue them!
Sitemap - xenforo doesn't have this by default. And we really need it. Thanks, iB. THANKS! You might even want to sue Wordpress for this. Why don'tcha while you're big and cocky enough?
Trackbacks/linkbacks - If you're going to sue xenforo over this part, you might as well want to sue vBSEO [not that I want you to - this is a feature that even wordpress has it - and its not even a plugin.]
Duplicate Content Management - What? What duplicate content? Does anyone care about this part of the suit? Not I.
Intelligent Defaults/Installation - I don't see this featured in xenforo, so what's the point?
Google Analytics - Again, we need this, and likewise, why don't you sue google for allowing all businesses of the technology? Google owns this technology, not you.
Gmail? Report - Google OWNS the technology, AND owns the website, so really, what are you arguing about?
robots.txt - xenforo requires this as part of the web-standard. And you don't even own the technology, iB. You WISH, but you don't.
Semantic Markup - Every single website needs markups. I'm not wasting my time on this one.
Meta/HTTP headers - This is a feature that we need on our xenforo'es, so thanks to you, we don't have it. Thanks.
keywords - This is a feature that we need at xenforo, and thanks to your lawsuit we don't have it. Thanks.
descriptions - xenforo has this, but its a requirement. D'oh.
title tags - This is a neccesary feature in any website - this is also part of following the search engines rule.
keyword density - xenforo has NONE. I suggested this to them, and thanks to you, we don't have it.
title attributes (img, a) - Every blog or forum software has this, so what's the point? Might wanna sue wordpress if you are claiming this.
nofollow - This is a feature that is part of the search engine guidelines, sue them, not xenforo. xenforo is just following the search engine rules.
What is Configurable - Every single forum software has configurable features. Even blogs have them.
polls - This is a feature that literally every single website has - custom CMS, individual CMS'es, forum software, open source projects. Even big name companies have this - google, yahoo, microsoft....Need I go on?

I thought this was funny.
vBulletin Message

The vBulletin.com forums are currently offline as we upgrade the software. Assuming all the upgrade stars align, we should be back and better than ever shortly. There is unexpected beauty hidden everywhere in this world — one just has to be open to seeing it. Remember that the next time you sneeze on your monitor.
When has it every gone smoothly?

Still offline and you posted over 1/2 hour ago. If they had XenForo they'd be done already.
When I was last there all I got was a white screen. Now it's back to their standard message.
Like I said, when ever does it go smoothly?

I'm so glad to be here. :)

About an hour and a half - at least. Xenforo has spoiled me. In the past I would have thought that was smooth. Now it just looks sad.

Actually back in the day (gosh I hate to say that...) that would still have been considered as something went wrong. I don't recall any old vBulletin 3.x updates taking an hour and a half <_<;

Actually back in the day (gosh I hate to say that...) that would still have been considered as something went wrong. I don't recall any old vBulletin 3.x updates taking an hour and a half <_<;
And people would be posting, WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!? The world is coming to an end. Now it is normal. Guess I'll be updating my vB4 site in a couple days. Wonder what will break this time? :(
I wouldn't know. I went to vB about a month before 4 was released. So I never knew the Good Old Days.
When you can upgrade with enough confidence not to back up first, those where the good old days.

yeah, back in the day, upgrading vBulletin was exciting...not in that you had to worry about something going horribly wrong, rather, exciting to see what new feature was added, for example.

yeah, back in the day, upgrading vBulletin was exciting...not in that you had to worry about something going horribly wrong, rather, exciting to see what new feature was added, for example.

Back in the day, I didn't have to worry about making backups before upgrading! Granted that's not the wisest thing to do, but that was how confident I was with the team. After vBulletin 4 rolled out, I was a complete nervous wreck and spent weeks on end planning just to do an upgrade.

Thankfully, I'm back at that state of mind with xenforo :D. I don't have to make a backup because I am just that confident :D

Top Bottom