Current Litigation

I wish XenForo every success in their defence against vBulletin Solutions Inc. and the new Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

What I say doesn't hold a thing, but I really would suggest keeping this positive with no disparaging remarks.
I may just buy another license in support.

Honestly, did IB learn nothing? Why do they even bother, unless they've seen the source code, then they don't really have a case. Besides, IB did more damage to themselves then IB can ever do to XF

Likewise, I completely support XF in this baseless legal action by IB. Even to the degree of PMing Kier & Mike and seeing if I could pay through PP as a gift and in £ to minimise costs!

I also bought a license, although in all likelihood we won't be migrating for some time yet.

I really hope IB face a huge backlash over their blatant attempt to disrupt XF's development & attempt to financially cripple XF.

If I had the money I'd offer to fund their defence, assuming they need it. If I win the lottery, I'll hold fast to that promise.

Yeah, not likely I know, but that's how I feel. I hate seeing companies throwing their weight around like this when there simply is no case to answer. The problem is that they know the defendant has to defend themselves and that costs money!

In the meantime I suggest that anyone who is likely to move over to XF at some point buys a license NOW.

Honestly, did IB learn nothing?

They learnt one lesson, but not the most important lesson - SEE HERE. ;)

Anyway, I wasn’t going to buy a xF licence for a while yet as I am not ready to make the move from vB4, mainly because I need a calendar being a ‘What’s On’ site, but the latest news about the additional action in the US courts has changed my mind.

I am now the proud owner of a xF licence.

Repost of what I posted earlier on vB.com

So I've had feelers out on this for a while, and this is the research I've been able to pull up thus far.

The complaint was filed last week Friday, October 29 in California Central Federal District Court in Los Angeles.

Court Case Number: 2:10-cv-08209-R -JEM

Plantiff:
vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

Defendant:
Xenforo Limited
Kier Darby
Does 1 - 10, inclusive

Cause: 17:101 Copyright Infringement

Plaintiff Counsel: Casondra K Ruga, Louis A Karasik, Rachel M Capoccia of Alston & Bird LLP (http://www.alston.com/)

Judge: Judge Manuel L. Real
Referred To: Magistrate Judge John E. McDermott

JURY DEMANDED

Actions thus far:

10/29/2010 1 COMPLAINT against Defendants DOES 1-10 inclusive, Kier Darby, Xenforo Limited. Case assigned to Judge Manuel L. Real for all further proceedings. Discovery referred to Magistrate Judge John E. McDermott.(Filing fee $ 350 PAID) Jury Demanded, filed by plaintiff vBulletin Solutions, Inc.(car) (Entered: 11/02/2010)

10/29/2010 21 DAY Summons Issued re Complaint - (Discovery) 1 as to Defendants DOES 1-10 inclusive, Kier Darby, Xenforo Limited. (car) (Entered: 11/02/2010)

10/29/2010 2 CERTIFICATION AND NOTICE of Interested Parties filed by Plaintiff vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (car) (Entered: 11/02/2010)

10/29/2010 3 REPORT ON THE FILING OF AN ACTION regarding a copyright (Initial Notification) filed by vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (car) (Entered: 11/02/2010)

10/29/2010 4 PLAINTIFF vBULLETIN SOLUTIONS, INC.'S RULE 7.1 DISCLOSURE STATEMENT (car) (Entered: 11/02/2010)

Top Bottom