CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Weird, just reuploaded everything and after running the xml again started working without a problem...

Some failure in the previous upload I guess.

Hey Brogan, on the portal page itself for each item is there anyway in the template I can somehow access or expose the prefix being used?

I know inside the forum_view template I can use:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$displayConditions.prefix_id} == 2">

Wasn't sure if there's something like:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$ctaNewsPost.prefix_id} == 2">
If you know what what I mean :).

If I update a featured thread and change the title its not changing the title of the thread, are they not linked/the same?

I recentlly activated CTA on one of my websites and im having a issue when sharing threads on twitter. Everytime i share a thread featured or not featured the link in the twitter box (before hiting post to twitter) is ......./threads/featured/index.php.........

Enven when sharing my home page from the "Share this Page" sidebar it links it ....threads/featured/index.php?forums/... where the actual home page link is index.php?forums/

So basically it is sharing invalid links because its adding the threads/featured to every link i try to share.

Any help is appreciated.

I am just clicking the Tweet button under "Share This Page". I am not able to reproduce it on the support site. It keeps adding the /featured/ directory into every link i share.

This add-on doesn't affect the normal share function for threads at all, so it's a setting or change somewhere which is globally affecting all share links, not just this add-on.

This is the code I use to pass the URL to the share template:
Code:
<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', {xen:string censor, $featuredThread}}</xen:set>

This is the code XF uses:
Code:
<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>

As you can see, both bits of code are the same as far as the canonical link is concerned.

Which other add-ons do you have installed?
Have you manipulated the routes in any way?

This add-on doesn't affect the normal share function for threads at all, so it's a setting or change somewhere which is globally affecting all share links, not just this add-on.

This is the code I use to pass the URL to the share template:
Code:
<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', {xen:string censor, $featuredThread}}</xen:set>

This is the code XF uses:
Code:
<xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>

As you can see, both bits of code are the same as far as the canonical link is concerned.

Which other add-ons do you have installed?
Have you manipulated the routes in any way?
No new addons have been added, this just started after activating CTA. When sharing images from the gallery they work perfectly fine.

Routes have not been manipulated. The only thing i did do is activate friendly URL after this started happening to see if that made a difference.

I don't know what could cause that (as far as my add-on is concerned).

What do you have set for the board URL and index page route?

I don't know what could cause that.

What do you have set for the board URL and index page route?
This right here goes to show how good you are at what you do!

That simple questions solved a big headache. Thank you so much!

What i had as the Board URL was http://url/com/thread/featured. Dont ask why but i believe when i was working on setting CTA as a home page. All solved now.

Thanks a ton Brogan :)

Glad it was as simple as that :)

I didn't think it could be anything else considering it was globally affecting all URLs.

It already is a portal.

Fair Point. I guess I was referring to more widget options like recent threads, a poll display, category/specific content pages, etc. But I understand that some of those things may be too niche.

It's looking good.

Top Bottom