CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I have this add-on installed, and I want to set it as my homepage for my site. I have my forum installed on / though.

I have made the threads/featured into /home by using route filters.

Is it possible to make the /home my actual homepage by editing the Index Page Route in Basic Board Information & changing it to /home?

After upgrade (2.10.0 -> 2.12.0) when i want featured an thread, i have a page directly and no popup.

Edit, found:
The simple text area has been replaced with the rich text editor, allowing for much easier editing and composition of featured thread content.
As a result of this and due to the numerous options making the template much longer, the template view will now be shown in place of the feature...

Therefore, the popup is no longer used?

Last edited:
If you are upgrading from a previous version, read the following carefully.

Due to various schema changes, after uploading the files and prior to importing the .xml file, the following error(s) may be generated: 'Undefined index: display'.
You can disable the...

You can disable the what???

There was no click here for more info link or any clue as to where the full instructions are.
There is a "read more" link on every update and the title also links to the full contents.

upload_2014-12-3_12-21-29.webp

In addition, I always provide a direct link to the update in the email I send out.

Sorry if I'm being especially thick today, but I don't understand this:

Once the upgrade has completed, navigate to Options -> CTA Featured Threads, check and update the options and click the [Save Changes] button to update the cache.

What does it mean "check and update the options" ? Thanks (I go to the CTA options, but where do I update them?

Hi Brogan, I'm about to update this from V2.8.0 to 2.12.0
Is there anything special I should do before upgrading and anything in particular I need to address or settings to change once upgraded or will my existing settings still stay the same and continue to work as before?
(I'll disable the add on before updating, then re-enable it after as per the latest update, was just wondering if there was anything else in particular I need to address)

You should read the updates for 2.9 to 2.12 - there are a lot of new features.
Everything is explained there as far as new features and options are concerned.

You will need to save the options page at least, to update the cache.

I only have the "Forum List Block" selected. Still the slider shows up in all my forums, what am I missing? The thread it self shows only on forum list as I choose "only as block" when I created the thread.

Hi Brogan, I was searching for something without sucess, I have the slider set to 5 Maximum Entries, but only 3 show up so far, where else should I check for this setting?

Top Bottom