CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I disabled the add-on, upgraded, then enabled, then saved all the options again. Now I get this error when I try to feature a thread?
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'display' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 392
  9. CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeaturedThreadSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/admin/public_html/index.php at line 13

XF 1.4.3

That sounds like the upgrade failed.

Can you upload the files and import the .xml again?

Presumably this is for version 2.12?

Yes, it's for 2.12
I'm using Chris` auto-install add-on, maybe that's the problem. I'll try again with his add-on and if it wouldn't work I'll do it manually.

Ah yes, I don't believe it works with that, due to the directory naming and structure.

It's possible you may not be able to resolve it now due to the version check in the installer.

If it still doesn't work, let me know via conversation and I will give you some queries to run manually to fix it.
Assuming you know how to use phpMyAdmin.

Okay, I see that's rather tricky. How about icon the same size as the avatar? (96x96) Setting this value in options doesn't work.
Adjusted the style properties too, got this,

LHWqi2q.png

Hi Brogan,
On the Portal page, are we only able to put stuff on the sidebar in the first and last positions? Is there an ability to control the order of things?

(widget framework ensures far more flexibility)

How about icon the same size as the avatar? (96x96) Setting this value in options doesn't work.
Adjusted the style properties too, got this,
Changing the options and style properties should make the icon the same size as avatars.

Are you changing the correct SP in the correct style?

upload_2014-11-25_9-15-39.webp

Changing the options and style properties should make the icon the same size as avatars.

Are you changing the correct SP in the correct style?

View attachment 90281

Yea, it's set to 96x96 there too.

FT Page

IBxFA3n.png

FT Block

14LLV8y.png

Options

YYKIac9.png

just to be sure, uploading a 200x200 icon will be resized instead of creating that large empty container right?

It works for me in my testing.

You can actually leave the option values at the default, it is the SP which controls it.

Looking at the CSS on your site, it is still set to 192px:
upload_2014-11-25_12-54-13.webp

Check there are no outdated templates.

@Brogan Something I would really like to be see with this add on is the following. I would like to be able to have my premium members able to feature X post per X days. So for example each premium members could feature 1 of their post every 10 days or so. The premium members are promoted to their own usergroup so it would be a permission created on said usergroup.

I got this add-on a few months ago, right after it was released. I put it live for a while then forgot about it and disabled it for a while. But had a look at it again last week and realised how useful it could be as a portal type front page.

I'm far from an expert on CSS or anything but with style properties and a few lines in extra.css (which I could probably have avoided if I knew what I was doing) I managed to come up with a front page that really suits me as highlighting a few threads in a grid. I have 5 there at the moment but intend on that being 8 or 11 soon and expanding the grid a bit.

In short, just want to say this is far more versatile and useful than I had originally thought. For me anyway it completely removes any advantage from something like Wordpress. So useful to be able to come up with striking front pages from within XF.

upload_2014-11-28_23-43-5.webp

Top Bottom