CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
The upload worked there though there wasn't any indication of success until I went to edit again and saw the thumbnail of the uploaded image.

We recently had to swap domains to http://syntax-guild.net and there should be a slider on the front page but won't show because I can't seem to upload a slider image for any of the featured posts.

Edit:

Follow-up: I think the issue is with my host, for some reason my folders are resetting to 755

Last edited:
The upload worked there though there wasn't any indication of success until I went to edit again and saw the thumbnail of the uploaded image.
That's the correct behaviour as the overlay doesn't refresh after the upload process.

there should be a slider on the front page but won't show because I can't seem to upload a slider image for any of the featured posts.
What happens when you try to upload an image or enter a URL for the slider?
The code is the same for the slider tab as it is for icons and backgrounds so if it works for those two then it should work for the slider.

The overlay disappears after I hit save and it looks like the page does a quick refresh. When I go to check whether or not an image was uploaded by trying to update, there's no thumbnail of the file nor does a slider appear on the Home page.

I'll come back once I'm able to CHMOD data and internal_data again (unless that wouldn't have anything to do with this situation). For some reason they went from 777 today to 755 and I'm unable to change them back.

Thanks for being on it, will keep you posted.

The above has been fixed.

It was a bad upgrade which weirdly didn't throw any errors, just some things didn't work.

A re-upgrade and a bit of fiddling with the code/database has resolved it.

There are various reasons for it, one of which is related to leaving redirects which still show as featured.

How do I see the slider? I want to show it on the "home" page. I promoted a few threads to the slider but then how do I show the slider? It's enabled it in the settings.

No, the other way around.

Ok, well right now the destination thread becomes expired whenever a merge is completed. If there are other reasons for doing so that's fine but I'd suggest that the destination thread's featured status should remain unchanged if a thread is merged into it.

Top Bottom