CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Hello, This is a wonderful add on, thankyou for the update.
Since upgrading though I am getting slower page load times.
Is there anything I can do to fix that?
Many thanks
You'll have to be more specific. All forum pages slower or just the Featured Threads page? Are you using background images in featured threads? Are you using the slider and on which pages? Does disabling the add-on speed up page loading?

Thankyou Martok for helping
Its all pages. I only have 2 featured threads and neither have backgrounds.
I have disabled as you advised, and the speed increased signifcantly.
I then enabled and I noticed that it was rebuilding templates again.
My speed is now back to what it was. It seems that disabling/re-enabling has fixed the issue.
Thankyou :)

Is there any way to resize the slider other than changing the height/width values in style properties? If I change them to 50% it is clashing with the slider on @Bob B Showcase mod which also uses the bxslider class

The Style Properties are linked to the CSS in the cta_featuredthreads_slider.css template.
So changing it in the SPs for CTA Featured Threads Slider -> Image will update the template.

What size are you trying to change the slider to?

If you can post a link to the page with the problem I can check it and see if anything can be done.

The Style Properties are linked to the CSS in the cta_featuredthreads_slider.css template.
So changing it in the SPs for CTA Featured Threads Slider -> Image will update the template.

What size are you trying to change the slider to?

If you can post a link to the page with the problem I can check it and see if anything can be done.

Think I've (maybe) got it, I was using % before and it was cutting the end off the showcase slider, I've changed it to 715px by 350px and it looks a bit better. But I could be doing it all wrong ha.

http://www.generalchatter.co.uk/forums/

Is there any way to resize the slider other than changing the height/width values in style properties? If I change them to 50% it is clashing with the slider on @Bob B Showcase mod which also uses the bxslider class

I'll change this in Showcase so you won't have to worry about it. We are using the same class differently, so I'll add a secondary class and force important on it to prevent a height added to the bx-container.

Kinda got my eye on this add-on.
Can someone share a few links with this add-on installed? Maybe a showcase of what you think are the best uses of this add-on?
I'd kinda like to see what people are doing to customize their installs.
Thanks!

J.

Top Bottom