CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I applied the update today, thanks very much.

But in doing so it refreshed my memory about an issue I was having earlier... and that is that the slider controls are not appearing on my feature threads, and I can't figure out why. Here's a screen shot (there are 3-featured sliders in this forum). What could I have missed?

slider.webp

You need to upload the images to your style directory.

However, your screenshot is just of a featured thread, not the slider.

You need to upload the images to your style directory.

However, your screenshot is just of a featured thread, not the slider.
Perhaps I don't understand the slider functionality. Will the slider not render in the forum thread? If not, where does the slider render?

When I feature threads, I promote them to slider. But then, as many of my fourms are private and only accessible by the groups who have permission to view them, I only display featured threads within the forums.

Perhaps I don't understand the slider functionality. Will the slider not render in the forum thread? If not, where does the slider render?

When I feature threads, I promote them to slider. But then, as many of my fourms are private and only accessible by the groups who have permission to view them, I only display featured threads within the forums.
You can choose where you want to display the slider by ticking the options in Style Properties

upload_2014-8-28_17-54-26.webp

Featured Threads respect forum permissions so will only be visible to those who have permissions. So if you feature a thread from a private forum on the front page it will only be visible on the front page to those who can see the thread in the private forum.

You can choose where you want to display the slider by ticking the options in Style Properties

View attachment 82103

Featured Threads respect forum permissions so will only be visible to those who have permissions. So if you feature a thread from a private forum on the front page it will only be visible on the front page to those who can see the thread in the private forum.
Hmmm, I've enabled Forum List and Forum View Slider, but I still don't see the slider controls. Is there anything else that I could have modified that would have an impact on these controls?

Actually I was referring the slider control images, not the slider background images.

As the slider is predominantly image focussed, with a tiny snippet of text, threads promoted to the slider will not show until a slider background image is uploaded.
Otherwise there is little point in promoting them to the slider.

Actually I was referring the slider control images, not the slider background images.
I didn't realize that we can change the control images. Can u point me to those instructions.

As the slider is predominantly image focussed, with a tiny snippet of text, threads promoted to the slider will not show until a slider background image is uploaded.
Otherwise there is little point in promoting them to the slider.
Yup, I finally get it. Just took me a while.

PS. What does "antidisestablishmentarianism" mean?

The default slider control images are in styles\default\images

cta-featured-threads-slider-controls.webp

You would just need to replace that sprite with your own, in your current style directory.

If the image sizes differ, you will need to edit the CSS accordingly.

If you check the slider on my site, you can see that I am using different left/right arrows: http://cliptheapex.com/

The default slider control images are in styles\default\images

View attachment 82115

You would just need to replace that sprite with your own, in your current style directory.

If the image sizes differ, you will need to edit the CSS accordingly.

If you check the slider on my site, you can see that I am using different left/right arrows: http://cliptheapex.com/
I understand now. Thank you.

One feature question. Is there any way to provide a link in the featured thread in forum view so that the user is taken to the last post in the thread?

I have just took this from one of your attachment, and did photoshop in it.

TAB 1: Automatic Featuring (Criteria: All Threads)
TAB 2: Automatic Featuring (Criteria: Threads Which)
TAB 3: Manual Featuring (By staff)

I will manage to put a tab thing there, but what conditions I need to put there for tabs? Thanks in advance. Hope @Russ too can give me a head start.

russ.webp

I have just took this from one of your attachment, and did photoshop in it.

TAB 1: Automatic Featuring (Criteria: All Threads)
TAB 2: Automatic Featuring (Criteria: Threads Which)
TAB 3: Manual Featuring (By staff)

I will manage to put a tab thing there, but what conditions I need to put there for tabs? Thanks in advance. Hope @Russ too can give me a head start.

View attachment 82151
That would require custom development.
Anyone interested? I can bake delicious cookies.;)

Top Bottom