CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Anyone interested? I can bake delicious cookies.;)
You would need brogan's permission first as the code of the addon will be shared with another developer. For example i have been declined in the past to use my own developer to further develop the addon to what i need i.e. WF Widgets.

Already did sent a msg to Brogan before I post it here. WF widgets? Which one?
You would need brogan's permission first as the code of the addon will be shared with another developer. For example i have been declined in the past to use my own developer to further develop the addon to what i need i.e. WF Widgets.

Slider seems to add a pixel or 2 to the background image dimensions. I have the slider bg set to 862 x 200, if I upload an image that is exactly that then there is a black line to the right. If the image is a bit larger, then all is fine.

Not sure if this is a bug or me doing something wrong, or missed something in the instructions.

Where/how do I delete uploaded icons/slider?

If I unfeature a thread, then refeature it, do I need to re-upload icon/slider bg or can I locate them somewhere?

Sorry if I missed something in instructions. Again.

Regarding the black line, it doesn't appear to be doing it for me on my various installations.

See the latest slider entry here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/
That has a plain white background image, exactly 682 x 400, which is the dimensions of the slider images.

Icon and background images can be deleted by updating the thread and checking the update image box.
You can then delete them.

Slider background images are deleted automatically when you demote from the slider or unfeature.
Unfeaturing also deletes the icon and backgrounds.

Regarding the black line, it doesn't appear to be doing it for me on my various installations.

See the latest slider entry here: http://support.cliptheapex.com/
That has a plain white background image, exactly 682 x 400, which is the dimensions of the slider images.

OK will continue to test.

Is there a way to show only the slider on the FT page, without having the thread excerpts?

BTW, thanks for the slider, it is great!

There isn't an option for it - the page is always intended to show all currently featured threads.

However, you can add this to EXTRA.css to hide them:
Code:
.ctaFtListItemsPage
{
    display: none;
}

.cta_featuredthreads_featured .pageNavLinkGroup
{
    display: none;
}

Alternatively, you can edit the cta_featuredthreads_featured template and remove/comment out this section of code:
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$featuredThreads}">
    <ol class="ctaFtListItemsPage">
        <xen:foreach loop="$featuredThreads" value="$featuredThread">
            <xen:include template="cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item" />
        </xen:foreach>
    </ol>

<div class="pageNavLinkGroup">
        <xen:pagenav link="threads/featured" page="{$page}" perpage="{$perPage}" total="{$featuredThreadsTotal}" />
    </div>
<xen:else />
    {xen:phrase cta_ft_there_are_no_featured_threads_to_display}
</xen:if>

It has been suggested previously but the purpose of the page is to list all currently featured threads.

The slider is supposed to complement them, not replace them.

@Brogan what template can I edit to make my user name unclickable when using CTA as a portal?

or to remove it, and also what template to make my avatar in the featured thread not clickable (or removed) ?

There's just too many links to my name/profile page and the search engines think it's important.

The template for the page is cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item.

The template for the blocks on the other pages is cta_featuredthreads_list_item.

Is there any way to set a specific width for the FT dedicated page? I mean a width different to the rest of the site.

I've set the options to automatically feature threads that have at least 10 likes and 10 replies, but there are threads being featured that have 0 likes or 0 replies or both. A problem between the chair and the keyboard probably :D

upload_2014-8-30_10-47-8.webp

I am unable to reproduce that.

I have set this criteria and only threads matching this are featured.

upload_2014-8-30_2-19-53.webp

In my case only 2 threads were featured.

Hello, This is a wonderful add on, thankyou for the update.
Since upgrading though I am getting slower page load times.
Is there anything I can do to fix that?
Many thanks

Top Bottom