CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Just before I buy, just wondering if this can handle just about everything XenPorta can, looking to switch over as of 1.4.

It would be best if you said what it is you want to do, to make sure. I have just switched from xenporta and I am quite happy with it :) so ask away

What @Dakis said.

For me, Featured Threads does everything that I ever did with XenPorta and then more (such as the Featured Threads blocks on forum pages, which is the main reason I bought it - the home page is a 'bonus' that Brogan added afterwards).

There are a few things that Featured Threads won't do that XenPorta does, such as have an article layout (I never used it, I didn't like it). However, one huge benefit to Featured Threads over XenPorta is that is actively developed by Brogan and his support is outstanding. :)

That is still on the suggestions list.

It has only been requested by two or three though so it's not high priority.
If it is ever implemented, please make sure there's a big 'off' button for those who don't want it. ;)

Though I said I didn't want some other features you've added and I'm now using them. :whistle:

BugPorta running on my largest community.. Will finally be adding a second FT licence to get rid of BugPorta once and for all..

Just waiting on PP to clear up some funds so i can get this ordered finally..

is it possible to set like this pic below (create a thumb from image URL/Attachment) ?

1RYIMjO.png

or maybe just the title list ?

I like the compact one :)

A 404 isn't necessarily correct as it translates as not found and the page may exist.
A 403 means forbidden, which is correct as guests/robots can't feature threads.
Once a robot hits a 403, the request should not be repeated.

The standard permission system is used, so you will see the same behaviour with regards to other pages in the core software, which are forbidden to guests.

A 404 isn't necessarily correct as it translates as not found and the page may exist.
A 403 means forbidden, which is correct as guests/robots can't feature threads.
Once a robot hits a 403, the request should not be repeated.

The standard permission system is used, so you will see the same behaviour with regards to other pages in the core software, which are forbidden to guests.

The primary difference is that you can set a directive in robots.txt to block robots from accessing those areas. With the URL format, you cannot block robots from hitting a huge number of 403s. I'll monitor Bing and see how their robot proceeds. I've yet to see anything in Google WMT.

Hi Brogan...
The main site is entering my to the forums, how do I change it to the Featured Thread ( home page ) ..

Mean, I want the Portal to be on the main of the site ..

Hey @Brogan

I seem to be running into an issue with the CTA and uploading images via file or url. It doesn't seem to upload the image and doesn't give any error messages or indication that the process hasn't worked. Please advise (I know that's not the /best/ data to work with).

Top Bottom