CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Request: How about an option to allow the admin to set the default time for which a thread will be featured. Right now to change it from 2 weeks to 1, for example, requires delving into the code, I believe, does it not?

It's a simple template edit.

Edit the cta_featuredthreads_feature template and change the blue and red as required:
Rich (BB code):
<input type="text" size="5" name="feature_duration_ttl_value" value="2" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
<select name="feature_duration_ttl_unit" class="textCtrl autoSize">
    <option value="hours">{xen:phrase hours}</option>
    <option value="days">{xen:phrase days}</option>
    <option value="weeks" selected="selected">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>
    <option value="months">{xen:phrase months}</option>

If you want to change it to 1 day for example:
Rich (BB code):
<input type="text" size="5" name="feature_duration_ttl_value" value="1" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
    <option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
    <option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>

11.webp

@Brogan (its not just about you) sometimes acp like a hell for us otherwise why we need your help. Maybe your 10 minutes valuable our all days but believe me if mechanic is not your job you cant fix your car problems via manuel.you are more than coder i know this .so i want share this here :) i believe you will understand me.

well ... sorry my mistake .its misunderstanding.. i thought he asking seperated 2 column featured threads blocks on index page...

like this.
6.webp

It's a simple template edit.

Edit the cta_featuredthreads_feature template and change the blue and red as required:
Rich (BB code):
<input type="text" size="5" name="feature_duration_ttl_value" value="2" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
    <option value="days">{xen:phrase days}</option>
    <option value="weeks" selected="selected">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>

If you want to change it to 1 day for example:
Rich (BB code):
<input type="text" size="5" name="feature_duration_ttl_value" value="1" class="textCtrl autoSize" />
    <option value="days" selected="selected">{xen:phrase days}</option>
    <option value="weeks">{xen:phrase weeks}</option>

Thanks. Yes, that's easy. Will my change "stick" upon future upgrades?

Yes.

If I make any changes to the template in a future release (currently no plans to do so), you will get a notice that it is outdated, but you can just merge it or revert and reapply.

Okay, I don't think this would be a simple template mod so until I get a better feel for modding, I'll throw this out as a suggestion. :D

Right now, the addon randomly selects one featured thread and that is all you see until you refresh.

How about an option to set a number of featured threads that will automatically rotate at the top of the node/forum view? So let's say you configure 5 as the number then if you go to the node list, it will show one then "slide" to the next after a few seconds, etc.

Like a javascript slider except instead of sliding images you would slide featured threads. :)

That would be a great, if this add-on got updated to do that, we could replace the notices system with it on our site then so we can better highlight our weekly news to our users.

That would take a fairly comprehensive rewrite of the code and I'm not sure it's the direction I want to take it.

It has been suggested several times but I haven't made a decision either way yet.

How about an option to set a number of featured threads that will automatically rotate at the top of the node/forum view? So let's say you configure 5 as the number then if you go to the node list, it will show one then "slide" to the next after a few seconds, etc.

I for one don't like this idea. Too much distraction. It would become like the sliding notices system.

@Brogan

I would find it good if man could pinning a particular Featured thread for a defined period of time on the main forum page.
So while there are mehrerre Featured threads, but for a certain time only one displayed on the home page in the box.

Sorry for my bad English. Is translated with Google.
thank you

I don't believe that has been suggested until now.

I can't promise that will make it into a future release.

It's always disappointing when people abuse the trust of developers and defraud them.

I have discovered that some who have purchased a single license are using the add-on on multiple sites, which is in breach of the license terms.

I'm not going to publicly out anyone - you know who you are.
You may find your ability to access resources is limited due to this abuse - that applies to all add-ons, not just this one.

It is a single use license.
If you want to use it on more than one site, you will need to purchase an additional license for each one.

Yes, whomever you are, please play fair and settle-up with Paul or just use it on the one site you've paid for.

Let's not do anything to discourage the development of this great resource. (y)

Thanks,
Shaun :D

Yes, whomever you are, please play fair and settle-up with Paul or just use it on the one site you've paid for.

Let's not do anything to discourage the development of this great resource. (y)

Thanks,
Shaun :D

It doesn't just count for Pauls addon, it counts for every addon. I would suggest anyone who purchases addons and runs multiple sies double checks the license agreements / usage to ensure they can retain their access to the XenForo.com RM.

I respect Paul for not naming names, however.... I'd much rather see them outed. It only casts doubts to those of us who have followed the rules now.... I've posted quite a bit in here, with multiple sites being used. I certainly hope for my sake no one thinks it's me.... which could be possible (others thinking that) because no one was named.

I respect Paul for not naming names, however.... I'd much rather see them outed. It only casts doubts to those of us who have followed the rules now.... I've posted quite a bit in here, with multiple sites being used. I certainly hope for my sake no one thinks it's me.... which could be possible (others thinking that) because no one was named.

Unless you've receieved a PC, don't worry about it.

Top Bottom