CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Frankly it's disgusting that there are thieves amongst this community. Plain and simple, you are a thief if you are deliberately breaking the licensing arrangements for any mods by using them on multiple forums when you have just paid for one. Please do the right thing and pay for multiple licenses if you are using on more than one site.

Can I suggest that, not only are these thieves given restricted access to other add-ons, but can you also restrict their access to the support forums? I'm always willing to help others but I'd rather not give support to people who are cheating our add-on developers out of their hard-earned money.

They should be named and shamed so that other developers can make informed decisions as to whether or not they want to do business with them, also, if this member has been banned from accessing the RM will other members who have been found to break EULAs for other products face a similar ban?

Frankly it's disgusting that there are thieves amongst this community. Plain and simple, you are a thief if you are deliberately breaking the licensing arrangements for any mods by using them on multiple forums when you have just paid for one. Please do the right thing and pay for multiple licenses if you are using on more than one site.

Can I suggest that, not only are these thieves given restricted access to other add-ons, but can you also restrict their access to the support forums? I'm always willing to help others but I'd rather not give support to people who are cheating our add-on developers out of their hard-earned money.
See:
You may find your ability to access resources is limited due to this abuse - that applies to all add-ons, not just this one.

They should be named and shamed so that other developers can make informed decisions as to whether or not they want to do business with them, also, if this member has been banned from accessing the RM will other members who have been found to break EULAs for other products face a similar ban?

Yes

I certainly hope for my sake no one thinks it's me
For the avoidance of doubt, it wasn't you :D

One of the persons involved actually started a thread about it, but it was removed as it included screenshots of PMs (which is a breach of rule 10: http://xenforo.com/community/help/terms).

I don't want to start a witch hunt and I consider the matter closed now.

A lot of you have in the past complained that developers (and the community in general) haven't been protected well enough.
Well the new rules have been in place for a while and as has already been confirmed, anyone caught breaching license terms will have restrictions placed on their account, or worse.
This person wasn't the first and won't be the last.

I'll just say that I actually found the same person was in breach of the Xen Media Gallery license agreement also. I think it's fair and right to point out at this stage that this person has certainly put the situation right as far as XMG licenses are concerned.

I can't speak for Paul, but in my particular situation it's now water under the bridge.

Finally able to start playing around with the new options @Brogan implemented. So many different things that can be done now... Currently working on my "Ode to Kubrick" look... hahaha.
clockwork.webp

Really like the fact I can move around the replies, likes, etc... Once someone replies or likes, I'll add more, but for now, this is a good start. Again, I appreciate the awesome work done Paul. Very impressive work for your "first" add-on.

Suggestion if possible Paul.

The title used on the Featured Threads page is using cta_ft_featured_threads phrase, which seems to be the standard phrase for the add-on.

upload_2014-2-13_18-24-11.webp

Would it be possible to create a new phrase specifically for the phrase used in the H1 tags? ie: cta_ft_featured_threads_h1

I'm wanting to change the H1 title on the features threads page to something different (Feedback Threads) and having a separate phrase would make it easier.

upload_2014-2-13_18-25-32.webp

Thanks.

If anyone else has encountered issues with phrases and would like something splitting out, let me know.

Hi Brogan,

I've added a background image to my featured threads block on the forum list using the following code in Extra.css:

Code:
.forum_list .sectionMain.ctaFtContainer {
    background: url("image url") no-repeat scroll right 0px bottom 4px / 15% auto;
}

How can I add another one without affecting that one? It will end up being in a different position.

Only one background image can be assigned to a CSS class.

You would need to create a compound image.

Top Bottom