CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I apologize in advance if I missed this in the 35 page thread:

Has the ability to feature a thread per category node been implemented in the add on? I'm ready to buy the plugin if this is possible, but I really need the ability to feature threads per node as my nodes are very different with different audiences...

Thanks,
Bradley

What I would like to be able to do is specify a category node for the featured thread to be shown on. There was some discussion about this on the very first few pages of this discussion. Basically I have 3 categories on the site and I want to have different featured threads for each of the category pages. So is there a way to limit threads to only showing up in certain categories.

The blocks don't show on the category_view template.

There is an open suggestion though to add an option to show all featured threads from forums which are children of a parent node - category or forum.

Couple of questions regarding styling.

1. How do I change the background color for the feature blocks on the Featured Threads page?

2. How do I change the background color for the little "featured" rectangle that appears to the right of featured threads on the thread list?

Thanks!

1. Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Page -> Container: Background Color

2. Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Settings -> Thread List Featured Text: Background Color

Working on something kind of interesting at the moment.

Currently when a thread is featured, the field in the xf_thread table is changed from a 0 to 1.
When it is unfeatured, it is changed from a 1 to 0.

With this latest code update, when it is unfeatured, it is changed from a 1 to a 2 ;)

My collection of different looks for your add-on (minus the sidebar one's I did)

1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp 5.webp

6.webp 7.webp 8.webp 9.webp

This is truly a "must-have" add-on, especially for a site beginning. It instantly brings activity to that thread, and promotes discussion. I really need to get to work with the new features, those were all done with the 1.4 series...

I really look forward to the next release, hope to get some new concepts soon.

Last edited:
Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

Fixed alert bug and code changes to prepare for 1.6 ;)

Although this release is very minor, you may want to install it as it changes how threads are flagged when they are unfeatured.
While this status isn’t currently being used, it will be in 1.6 ;)

It also fixes a very minor bug related to receiving alerts when there is no permission to view featured threads; wouldn't want to upset the grumpies, would we Shaun? :D

New Features, Functionality & Changes
  • Expired featured threads now have a different status to threads which have...

Read the rest of this update entry...

although I don't use this addon. I like this very much!
This addon was being updated very regularly. Well Done.

Very impressive progression of development on this add-on. It has very quickly become a must-have piece of coding.

Top Bottom