CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
It's the same model as XF.

The license is for life and you can use the software indefinitely - the renewal cost is just for new versions and support (after the initial 12 months).

Ah okay! Sweet! Not that I won't be updating, just want to be able to chose WHEN, so that it fits me economically :D

Great plugin! 1 little question though. How do I activate the little slider boxes for next picture and previous picture? Can't find an option for it for any reason :/

Do you mean the arrows which overlay the slider background image?

If you are using a custom style directory, you need to copy the directory and files from styles\default\images to it.

Do you mean the arrows which overlay the slider background image?

If you are using a custom style directory, you need to copy the directory and files from styles\default\images to it.

Support in under 10 minutes... You are awesome!

Edit: Works like a charm :)

It is but I removed the job from my to do list (as you said you were going to pay a third party) and no longer have time to look at it.

Hey,

It is me again! :) I got a rather stupid problem... No matter what I change, the icons on the featured thread on the "Home" tab won't change. I changed "Featured Thread Icon" - "Enable Icon" - to 100x100 but everytime I feature a thread and upload a 100x100 icon it will be displayed again with 192x192. I guess it is again something super stupid I do not see, but would be nice if you would help me again^^

Regards,
Manuel

Edit: I also changed ctaFtIcon and ctaFtIconPage without any success :(

Note that any existing icons won't be updated to reflect the new dimensions.
The options apply to any icons uploaded from that point on, so for any existing featured threads, you would need to upload new icons.

Note that any existing icons won't be updated to reflect the new dimensions.
The options apply to any icons uploaded from that point on, so for any existing featured threads, you would need to upload new icons.

That explains a lot! I tried it and the new icons are smaller, it works! I look stupid again I guess :/^^

Now the "box" is kinda too big, I guess I have to change the "min-height" in "Thread Content (Icon)" to adjust that or? Thanks again for the fast help :)

Don't worry about it - it's not immediately obvious that it only applies from that point on.
The reason for that is the icons are cropped and resized when they are uploaded, so changing the option settings isn't applied to existing icons as it wouldn't be possible for example to resize a smaller icon to a larger size (well, not without a horrible result).

Yes, you will need to make a few adjustments to the related SPs to ensure everything works together with the new icon height.

Don't worry about it - it's not immediately obvious that it only applies from that point on.
The reason for that is the icons are cropped and resized when they are uploaded, so changing the option settings isn't applied to existing icons as it wouldn't be possible for example to resize a smaller icon to a larger size (well, not without a horrible result).

Yes, you will need to make a few adjustments to the related SPs to ensure everything works together with the new icon height.

Yeah you are totally right, did not think about that. I just imagine a 25x25 icon resized to 100x100 or 200x200, the result would be horrible...

I adjusted now the box with the min-height from 192px to 92px and now the box fits aswell. 1 problem less before we can finally go live with our xenforo page :) Thanks again, I think I will call it a night, it is late here in germany :) Good night!

I'm not familiar with those add-ons but there's no particular reason they wouldn't work together, unless there is a template modification conflict.

It may require disabling one of the template modifications and manually adding the code to ensure they both work together.

Is there a way of renaming the tab "Home" to for example "News" or something else? I am already looking into the navigation and navigation.css templates but no matter what I try, I rather destroy the complete navigation bar or nothing happens. I guess it is super simple again and I am just too stupid again^^

Greetings :)

@Brogan any ideas what this error is in reference to?

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT fea...', 1, 2)
#3 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(29): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('\r\n\t\t\tSELECT fea...', 'thread_id', 1)
#4 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(259): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->getFeaturedThreads(1, Array)
#5 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#6 /home/dressedw/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/dressedw/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(71) "http://www.dressedwell.net/forums/life-universe-and-everything-else.19/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Tried looking through tthe thread for this but couldnt find it so wanted to see if someone could help me.

for featured threads with attached images is there anyway to repostion how it shows the image I tried changinng the 1234x5644 in settings but either zooms or crops in the middle or squashes?

Attachments

• 94.webp
    94.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_4.webp
    Screenshot_4.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 4
There is no repositioning function.

Images will be resized and cropped based on the settings in the options.
If you match those with your design/layout, there shouldn't be any 'squashing' or other distortion.

As with any manipulation of images, the best results will be had by using images of a similar ratio to the final layout.

Top Bottom