CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
It should be compatible as it just builds on the default style properties, etc.
I believe if you are using a dark style then it requires removing some of the gradients, as they are designed for light styles.

Perhaps others who use it with third party styles can comment?

No, it's the same as the core functionality.

Any edited templates which are newer in the release you upgrade to will be marked as outdated and you will have to merge or revert and re-edit.

There is nothing in the upgrade code or process which would specifically cause that.

The only thing which will cause threads to be unfeatured automatically are the option settings.

aw **** I did fiddle and change max featured threads from 0 to 2. I didn't realize it would wipe everything out. I just lost a couple years of featured threads. Maybe you should change this so it "hides" the featured threads. No where in the option text does it say changing this value actually wipes out featured threads from the db. **** There needs to be a big caution note.

No where in the option text does it say changing this value actually wipes out featured threads from the db.
It does.
upload_2016-8-17_10-26-49.webp

It seems fairly clear to me that if you have a max value of 2, only 2 threads will be featured and the rest not.

It does.
View attachment 139316

It seems fairly clear to me that if you have a max value of 2, only 2 threads will be featured and the rest not.

Maybe as the dev that looks like "caution, if you change this value featured threads may be permanently lost", but it doesn't exactly read that way to me. I figured a hide "visible" value would be changed in the db. That makes so much more sense.

It doesn't really make sense at all.

A thread is either featured or it isn't - there is no third option for 'featured but hidden'.

It doesn't really make sense at all.

A thread is either featured or it isn't - there is no third option for 'featured but hidden'.

I'm telling you as a moderately sophisticated user that I didn't fully understand the consequence. I couldn't believe that a simple option could wipe out years of featured threads. If it could, I'd put in plain non dev stupid person english a proper caution note in red letters.

I'm telling you as a moderately sophisticated user that I didn't fully understand the consequence. I couldn't believe that a simple option could wipe out years of featured threads. If it could, I'd put in plain non dev stupid person english a proper caution note in red letters.
upload_2016-8-17_10-26-49-png.139316

One way to avoid this would be for CTA Featured threads to display how many Featured threads you have. And when you are reducing the number ... maybe prompt the user ...
Q: Do you want to remove 256 featured threads ?

Why ?
(1) Because all destructive actions should receive clarification.
(2) Even a Physics genius sometime experiments without reading !

One way to avoid this would be for CTA Featured threads to display how many Featured threads you have. And when you are reducing the number ... maybe prompt the user ...
Q: Do you want to remove 256 featured threads ?
If no one else has made my mistake then maybe I am just a lone idiot, but I think at the time I read it quick and thought it meant how many would be shown and didn't think changing the setting would physically remove anything.

Yoyo, thinking of buying this one. How does the renewal cost work? Is it required or is it just if you want to update your plugin version? I mean, does the plugin stop working if you don't pay the renewal cost?

It's the same model as XF.

The license is for life and you can use the software indefinitely - the renewal cost is just for new versions and support (after the initial 12 months).

Top Bottom