CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I need support for it to get it working correctly again like yesterday
It already is working correctly.

Nothing has changed with regards to that portion of the code since the first release of the portal page.
It correctly respects node, user group, and user permissions, as it should.
As I said earlier, aggregating all of the content from the whole forum onto a single page is always going to have an impact due to the permission checks.
That is why the archive page was created - which lists all previously featured threads - and the portal page is recommended to have a lower number of active featured threads.

I can't specifically recommend anyone as I am not familiar with the abilities and work of any developers.

It already is working correctly.

Nothing has changed with regards to that portion of the code since the first release of the portal page.
It correctly respects node, user group, and user permissions, as it should.
As I said earlier, aggregating all of the content from the whole forum onto a single page is always going to have an impact due to the permission checks.
That is why the archive page was created - which lists all previously featured threads - and the portal page is recommended to have a lower number of active featured threads.

I can't specifically recommend anyone as I am not familiar with the abilities and work of any developers.
Correction, I need it working with my site without the 30+ second lag.

Like I said, I'd be more than willing to pay someone (preferably you ;)) to help fix my issue. I'll make it worth your time.
@TeflonDon
Have you enabled CTA share buttons in Home Page?
If yes, try to disable them, they can have a big impact on page load.
Thanks, I think it was, I'll try that but I think all of the permission checks is the bigger issue. We have a lot of user groups.

I can take a look once my desk arrives and my PC is reassembled but that won't be until next week at the earliest, unfortunately.

I just need to clarify, that with automatic featuring, an alert is sent to the member letting them know their thread was featured still correct?

Could it be that the threads listed in the archive are not updating when the feature was updated (with a new icon picture for example)? In my case I updated a featured thread with a new icon picture and the same thread in the archive is displayed with the user avatar... It would be great if the archived feature threads reflect the latest updates... until they expire.

The archive page pulls the content from the original thread.

This is because the feature content no longer exists once the thread is no longer featured.

The archive page pulls the content from the original thread.

This is because the feature content no longer exists once the thread is no longer featured.

Yep, but my question was different. The situation I described was: The featured archive thread icon picture is not updated when I update the featured thread. The thread is still featured and has the custom icon but the featured thread in the archive shows the user avatar.

My answer is the same for the reason given.
It would make sense to have the archive thread draw the content from the updates as long as the featured thread is active and has not expired. Otherwise you have different icons/pictures in the archive than what the users last saw on home or forum index.

I can take a look once my desk arrives and my PC is reassembled but that won't be until next week at the earliest, unfortunately.
Ok, thanks.
I just need to clarify, that with automatic featuring, an alert is sent to the member letting them know their thread was featured still correct?

I don't recall - I'd have to check the code.

I don't believe so though.
Members don't get an alert for a thread that was featured automatically.

Hi Brogan,
I was trying to get 1 feature thread block to display on the forums page and when i hit save from SP > Featured threads block > forum Page it displayed 1 block as i wanted but it then removed everything from the hompage, i then went back to reverting it how it was but it still only displays 1 feature as i guess the old ones had expired, do i need to enable them all again?

i am basically wanted to display a portal homepage of latest artical blocks and then 1 feature display block on the forum page

The home/portal page will always display all currently featured threads.

The blocks on the other pages will display either 1 random featured thread, the latest one, or up to 20, depending on the options you have set.

If you only have 1 featured thread displaying on the home/portal page, then you will need to feature them again, as they have been unfeatured.

okay so i have the forums feature thread set like this
upload_2016-7-16_11-11-39.webp
Then the home page set like this
upload_2016-7-16_11-12-25.webp
Does that make sense ? so each time i feature it will display 1 on the forums and then eventually 16 on the homepage?

The bottom image is the per page setting - that means 16 threads will be displayed on the home page, 16 on page 2, etc.

The max featured thread is the first option at the top of the page - that will need to be set to the limit of threads you want to be featured at any one time.

The bottom image is the per page setting - that means 16 threads will be displayed on the home page, 16 on page 2, etc.

The max featured thread is the first option at the top of the page - that will need to be set to the limit of threads you want to be featured at any one time.
I am confused, so i have featured a new thread and its now displaying 2 on the homapage thats great, but it also is displaying 2 on the forums
upload_2016-7-16_11-24-41.webp
i just want it to display 1 block? with the latest feature

Top Bottom