CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Can you point me to the direction of the layout window size no matter what settings i put on the back in the slider is the same? Im sure im missing something

I got multiple server errors (22) yesterday from 0911 to 1426 hrs, every couple of minutes.

Using latest XF1.5.10a
CTA 2.17
PHP 7

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: The existing data required by the data writer could not be found. - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:1359
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 14:26
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1401): XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave()
#1 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(473): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#2 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(410): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->applyFeaturedThreadImage(1084, '/var/www/client...', 'jpg', '192', '192', 'featured_icon_d...', 'ctaFtIcon', 'icons')
#3 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(245): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->attachedFeaturedThreadImage(Array, 1084, '/var/www/client...', 'featured_icon_d...', 'ctaFtIcon', 'icons')
#4 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Deferred/AutomaticFeature.php(158): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->prepareAttachedImageOptions(Array, 1, 0, 0)
#5 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Deferred_AutomaticFeature->execute(Array, Array, 8, '')
#6 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 8, '', false)
#7 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#8 /var/www/clients/client180/web812/web/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

That suggests there is a mismatch in the database between the data, possibly due to deleted or missing content, typically an image attachment.

It looks to be related to thread 1084.

Hello,

How is this compared to Xenporta?

I'm mainly looking for a simple portal that can show Threads like news from certain forum categories.
I also want to be able to change the sidebar on the portal and the forum.

Does this portal have more widgets then Xenporta?
Whats the main different between this and Xenporta?

Thanks!

There are no widgets included - the sidebar just mimics the standard forum sidebar.

I can't comment on how it compares to other add-ons as I haven't used them.

Hello,

I'm mainly looking for a simple portal that can show Threads like news from certain forum categories.

Thanks!
Personally I prefer CTA Featured Threads and Portal to Xenporta1 (I used that before switching to this add-on). I can't comment on XenPorta 2 Pro. Your best bet is to look at features and functionality for both add-ons and decide which best suits your needs.

This add-on can be used in conjunction with Widget Framework if you want the flexibility of changing widgets (plus Widget Framework has a range of additional widgets and several other add-ons have widgets compatible with this).

Hello,

Thanks!
I purchased both Portals and after much deliberation and testing I opted for Xenporta purely for the reason of maintaining familiarity with the old vbadvanced portal I had used for 9 years. If it wasn't for that I would have probably used CTA instead. Both addons are very good in what they do, one of the big differences I found (in my own personal experience) is with regards to support, support from the Xenporta author is very hit and miss, whereas support from Brogan is top notch.

If I recall correctly I think CTA does this very well and may suit what you are looking for, it has some really nice customisation functions (like backgrounds) too that Xenporta lacks.

BD widget framework will be the best to achieve that, in conjunction with one of these portals.

Hi there

I just moved to another server. XF runs fine so far as the server has almost the same config. I run it in debug mode for a while and got this sometimes:

Template Errors: cta_featuredthreads_featured
  1. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/vhosts/funinasia.club/httpdocs/forum/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 3701:
    3700: ';
    3701: foreach ($actions AS $action)
    3702: {

Anything critical ?

It's not something I've seen reported before, and I can't see how it could occur under normal conditions - it may indicate a problem related to the server move.

Try rebuilding the master data via the install URL.

Well the problem is that there is no obvious problem. All runs fine and lightning fast on the new high speed server.... ;-)
Rebuiding the master data is a good option anyway to make sure everything is fine...thx

Clearly the issue is related to the server move so something has obviously gone wrong in the process.

If there was a general issue with the template code, there would have been many more reports of it.

I can't really offer any other suggestions.

Can i have

Forum > News in breadcrump

and

FORUM | NEWS as Tabs also?

I dont want the News beeing the "home" of the board.

The Forum should be in front always i only want to promote some News under a tab News
with breadcrump Forum > News and a Tab somewhere left from the tab FORUM.

Yes, you can have it as a regular page, rather than the index page.

In that case though, the link to the page would be a sub navigation link under the Forums tab - it wouldn't have its own tab.

Top Bottom