CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
That's using all of the core classes and templates so you can target the default poll block classes, in conjunction with the forum_list template class to make it apply only to the forum index.

Code:
.forum_list .PollContainer
{
    margin-bottom: 10px;
}

Hi Brogan, how should I set www.@@@@@.com for showing the featured thread pages ?

I followed these instructions but the 'home' link still showing www.@@@@@.com/forum, while leaving www.@@@@@.com blank
options-home-tab-png.77048

index-page-route-png.77049

PS: my board URL: http://www.@@@@@.com/forum

Last edited:
Following the instructions in the resource will do it.

You just need to:
  • Enable the page
  • Set the index page route
  • Remove the home page URL

Hi Brogan,

Sorry to be a pain again, do you have the code similar to what you gave above for the slider also?

Thanks!

I don't know if that question has been already asked but i can't find any answer to it.
I need a portal for XenForo where members can configure their own portal page. Is this possible with this addin ?

Giving users the feature to customize at least some options would be a great plus....and i guess it would become one of the most wanted AddIns ever ....

Giving users the feature to customize at least some options would be a great plus....and i guess it would become one of the most wanted AddIns ever ....

You can make featured threads expired and dismiss-able by users if I read my options correctly. Sidebar you can disable/enable things in the admin end.

You can make featured threads expired and dismiss-able by users
What options would you propose could be customised by end users?

For example that users can promote threads for themselfes an have them this way always in their "own" portal available.
And maybe some self-selectable or dismissable widgets and their positions on the portal....
Well, i don't know if that is easy to create but i am pretty sure that a "user-customizable" portal would be an unbeatable feature to any forum....and i guess also that a prize of GBP 40 would be noticed a bit more like "value for money"....
Of course this is already a great piece of work, but for me, this is the feature that lacks...

Nothing in XenForo allows for end user customisation to that level, so this add-on is no different in that respect.

It would likely be achievable using custom user fields and template edits but I wouldn't be able to confirm it would all work exactly as expected.

Hope that comes once.....
In the meantime i will play with several portal addins but i guess at the and it will be your's that i use for my forum....
Thx another time for your outstanding quick response....

On mobile devices and when window is shrunken, the featured threads titles get cut off by the ellipsis instead of wrapping to the next line.

Where/how can I change it so that the full title appears no matter what?

Thanks

Clear the Miscellaneous field for the page and blocks:

upload_2015-4-13_23-2-37.webp

Otherwise if you just want it to apply to narrow screens, you will need to use a media query in EXTRA.css.

It has now become XenBlogga :LOL:.

This add-on absolutely rocks in terms of setting things up the way you want.

Particularly happy with the way the site now looks in portrait-mode on mobile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom