CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
@Brogan Is there a way to turn off the featuring of the poll in certain areas? For example, I have a thread with a poll featured and I'd like to show both parts on the home page, but on the forum list page it takes up too much space and I'd like to just show the featured thread without the separate box for the poll. Could it be done?

@Brogan Is there a way to turn off the featuring of the poll in certain areas? For example, I have a thread with a poll featured and I'd like to show both parts on the home page, but on the forum list page it takes up too much space and I'd like to just show the featured thread without the separate box for the poll. Could it be done?
You can specify separately in the Featured Threads Block and Featured Threads Page SPs whether or not to display the poll. So you can set it to show polls on the FT page but not on the forums. See the screenshots in the update.

Which is exactly why I added those SPs.

I figured that sometimes the polls would be too large for the forum areas.

I must confess, updating the resource content and replacing the screenshots and updating the text, is worse than writing the code.

Happy to report that my first Featured Poll has 3x the normal votes in just 2 days! It's still not much (21 votes) but polls have always flopped at my forum and I'm encouraged by this. We're not using the portal so this is solely driven from FTs in forums and New Posts.

Happy to report that my first Featured Poll has 3x the normal votes in just 2 days! It's still not much (21 votes) but polls have always flopped at my forum and I'm encouraged by this. We're not using the portal so this is solely driven from FTs in forums and New Posts.
That's great to hear.

I'm convinced that featuring polls is the best way of exposing them and maximising participation.

Is it possible to show the featured threads blocks on a specific page? I've created a page for home with a list of recent wordpress pages and other things. There the featured threads block would be great as an addition.

This would be an important feature for me.

How is it possible to expose the data to a custom page? Of course I could read the entrys from "cta_ft_featured_threads" in the database, but I think there is a more elegant solution.

I don't know how your custom page has been developed.

Whoever did it for you would have to look at the existing code for the add-on with regards to the page function and replicate that.

In the moment it's just a new node (page type) with a PHP callback and in this PHP class I create the entry of the new page. These are my first attempts of a small addons for myself.

Top Bottom