CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Hi :)

I am testing this installed on a new non-public site (completely closed and htaccess passworded), with a view to either transferring my existing license (closing down another forum) or purchasing a new one.

The issue I have is that I can't seem to get the site URL's to behave correctly. I have my forum installed in a directory called 'forums', I have the route set to threads/featured plus I have added a redirect in the (empty) root of the domain:
Code:
<?php
header('Location: http://*****.net/forums', true, 301);
Whilst the route and the index.php do their job, the homepage (portal) is still www.****.net/forums/ and the forums page is www.****.net/forums/forums.

I have seen others who use this add-on and they have their domain name only for their homepage, with forums as /forums/ etc..

Is there a way for me to change this so that things look more 'normal'?

Cheers.

Thanks Brogan, that's what I don't get... I have done those things.

homepage.webp

route.webp

..and yet, whilst the portal shows when I click on the new Home tab and it is the landing page, I still have the issues with the URL's as previously mentioned.

If I drop the .php file, the homepage just shows the root /directories.

The home page URL is always going to be where the software is installed and what you have set in the Board URL.

In your case it is installed in the /forums directory, hence why it has /forums appended.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to install in the root?

Alright... some good news and some bad news.

The good news - Everything works*

*The bad news - Everything works (Portal, Resources, Media, Members), apart from the actual forums:

forums.webp

Have I missed something obvious?

EDIT - It appears that everything is there but the Forums link is directing to the screenshot above.

EDIT #2 - Does it have something to do with that rewrite line I added?

It's working fine for me - I just checked the site in your customer account.
Ah, as I said in the first post earlier, this is a closed site, building before 'live' :)
I am testing this installed on a new non-public site (completely closed and htaccess passworded), with a view to either transferring my existing license (closing down another forum) or purchasing a new one.

Thank you Brogan, really appreciate your help on this.

It is, of course, fixed and working perfectly now :)

Enjoy your evening.

How would I make a responsive grid in the index page? tried to search for grid in this thread but didn't see any css explanation for it.

It would require custom CSS (and possibly template edits, depending on the desired result).

Essentially you need to limit the width of the blocks (e.g. to 30%) and float or display them inline.

Reactions: Epi
Back
Top Bottom