CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Via the Style Properties:
style-properties-slider-png.92024

Hello,
I *hate* to ask, really I do....
But how do I allow unregistered users to see the slider on the homepage?

I've searched high and low and can't find the permissions for it.
I have enabled
View featured threads: to yes
I don't know about the slider though.

Sorry to ask.

There is only one view permission which controls access to everything to do with the add-on.

If 'View featured threads' is set to allow then they will be able to view the home page and if they can view the home page they can see the slider.

Hmm I've done that, but it's not showing anything.
I am wondering, would forum viewing permissions override it?
Say I had 'view content' set to no, this would therefore block the slider wouldn't it?

The add-on respects all permissions.

If they can't view the threads/content, they won't see the featured threads or slider entries.

Indeed, just found that out by enabling it :D
Okay... Thanks mate, hate to keep some content hidden but slider viewable.
Chances are that'll be a no go.

Thanks anyway Brogan. :)

You would need to to run queries.

Is there any particular reason you want to delete them?

You would need to to run queries.

Is there any particular reason you want to delete them?
I allow my sponsors to promote threads inside their forums these are mostly expired outdated advertisements that really just pollute the archive page.

If you are comfortable using phpMyAdmin, you can run the following query:
Code:
UPDATE xf_thread SET cta_ft_featured = 0 WHERE thread_id = x;

Change x to the thread ID.

Then go to the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches and run Rebuild CTA Featured Threads

Note that this assumes the thread is no longer currently featured.

finally been able to work it out, i know it was easy but i really am rubbish lol.

the slider shows on the homepage but its all blurred out ? also very big

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
Ensure the slider image settings in the options are correct.

A rough rule of thumb is to set them to the largest width you expect the slider to be, as images resized down always look far better than images resized up.

You will need to upload new images after changing the values.

@Brogan - feature request please....

It would be great to nominate a user group (or user(s) if you prefer) that gets alerted (standard XF alert functionality) when a thread is automatically featured. That way the featured thread can be reviewed. I have event nodes that are applicable for automatic featuring, and it would be great to get alerted of this so that I can manually set its expiry date (to be the date of the event) instead of it running beyond this date from default period.

Are the threads automatically featured when they are created?
Wouldn't watching the forum do the same thing?
They are featured only when meeting the criteria defined (x likes, xx replies etc.). Not every thread created is featured, only the popular and well liked ones.
Watching the forum would alert me for every thread created. I'm really only interested in being alerted when a thread (specifically the event node threads, but it would be good for all nodes) is automatically featured. I can then review/edit the featured text that was used, and maybe even adjust the default expiry date too.

Hey @Brogan
I've just noticed "Update image" when updating/setting featured thread isn't working. Page just refreshes and the overlay doesn't appear. Any idea?

Top Bottom