CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
You should make a suggestion for the core software as the RSS feed mimics how the core does it.

How can i show the latest pic in the thread as featured image (when threads are being featured automatically) I need something to automate the selection of images also for the icon

I have "View member lists" disabled for all usergroups, but the "Recent Activity" link that is usually shown under the "Members" tab is still showing on the front/home page created by CTA Featured Threads like this:

recentactivity.webp

This is the only page that the "Recent Activity" link shows on, and anyone (including me) who clicks on it receives the message:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Is there any way to remove this link entirely from the page?

You can edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links template and remove the code:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableNewsFeed}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
</xen:if>

You can set the size using the Options -> CTA Featured Threads (for the image) and Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Slider (for the container).

Right, I have done this, but my mouse still has the click hand on hover, when the opposite side of the page...
The image is smaller but the active 'on hover' of the container, is still acting as a link.. Is there anything else I should consider doing here?
Sorry to ask..

Also is it possible to then align it all?

I have "View member lists" disabled for all usergroups, but the "Recent Activity" link that is usually shown under the "Members" tab is still showing on the front/home page created by CTA Featured Threads like this:

View attachment 98949

This is the only page that the "Recent Activity" link shows on, and anyone (including me) who clicks on it receives the message:

"You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

Is there any way to remove this link entirely from the page?

Amin, wow... would you mind awfully, sharing your dimensions with me so I can do something similar please?
Many thanks....

Right, I have done this, but my mouse still has the click hand on hover, when the opposite side of the page...
The image is smaller but the active 'on hover' of the container, is still acting as a link.. Is there anything else I should consider doing here?
It sounds like you have something set incorrectly - the image and container sizes should match.

It's difficulty to guess what the problem is without a link where I can inspect the page.

It sounds like you have something set incorrectly - the image and container sizes should match.

It's difficulty to guess what the problem is without a link where I can inspect the page.

I will send you a PM as I can't share it here...
Thank you, just for now I have everything at 50% to make things easier for me to experiment with...

You can edit the cta_featuredthreads_navigation_tab_links template and remove the code:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.enableNewsFeed}">
    <li><a href="{xen:link recent-activity}">{xen:phrase recent_activity}</a></li>
</xen:if>

Thanks, Brogan.

could you add an first image grabber for automatic feature threads brogan? would be nice for the slider etc... also considering images won't have to last for months.

No, that's not something which will be added - images have to be explicitly set for icons, backgrounds and the slider.

Hello,
Sorry to ask, but is the slider responsive etc?
I've tested a view on my iPhone and the images for featured threads on the slider don't show unless I rotate my phone.
The same applies for the forum block as well...

Is this normal or something on my side that needs adjusting?
So sorry to ask...

Hang on, are you confusing the slider with featured thread blocks again?

When I logged into your site the other night and corrected all of the issues, you specifically wanted the blocks to show, with a larger icon, not the slider.

If that is the case, the icon is hidden in the narrow view by design.
You can change that by removing the code in orange from the cta_featuredthreads_list_item and cta_featuredthreads_featured_list_item templates.
Rich (BB code):
<div class="hiddenResponsiveNarrow {xen:if "{$xenOptions.ctaFtIcon.enabled}

There are two instances in each template, so four in total to be removed.

Removing this will show the icon at all widths but be aware there won't be much room left for the thread title and text.

Ahh right.. Okay thank you will look at it now.
Thing is, with all these changes, will an update override everything I've then changed?

I'll try it and if it doesn't look right, simply revert it back to how it is now.
Seems I am getting confused with; Icon, blocks and images/slider.... :rolleyes:
Sorry...

Top Bottom