CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I think bing is just failing to update.

I did upgrade to the latest version last night. I was two versions behind 2.11

If you have the option to delete/deindex those links in Bing you can safely do so.

They're old URLs which bots/crawlers shouldn't have had access to - that's now resolved in the latest version.

Can you please share the settings/changes for the same look (from default). Would be very thankful!

Brogan's quoted image shows where and what settings I used initially. Here is the list of all changes I've made:
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Block->Border->Margin->Right->10px
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Miscellaneous->float: left; width: 48%;
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Container->Border->All->choose a color and click save
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Background->Background->choose a color and click save
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Icon->Miscellaneous->Width & Height->change to 102px
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Icon->->Border->All->choose a color and click save
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Thread Content (Icon)->Miscellaneous->min-height: 110px;
  • CTA Featured Threads Page->Thread Title Link->->Text->choose a color and click save

Things to keep in mind if you are wanting the same exact results as I have:
  • All featured content includes an uploaded image. All original images are 200x200px. If you are using avatars, you may need to change the sizes like I did for Icon above.
  • All featured content uses about the same amount of limited text so each item lines up with each other. You'll have to play with the text to get it right. Four lines seem to work best.
  • I'm using Flat Awesome style. Not the default. It might work on the default style. You can try it.
  • I still have a few things to fix. As you can see there is an alignment issue present. Live preview: http://webmasterous.com

@CallieJo, if you set a max or fixed height and overflow hidden, that should ensure all blocks are always a fixed height and resolve the alignment issue as the width changes.

That's how it's done for the blocks on the other pages.

I bought and installed this addon. How do I get a featured threads section to show at the top of my forum index like they have at The Admin Zone: https://theadminzone.com/

I have Featured Threads Blocks enabled for Forum List and have enabled automatic featuring for all threads one of my forums, but the block is not showing above the forum list.

Last edited:
You need to enable it in the options.

options-05-png.92004

Do you have permission to view featured threads?

Have any threads been featured?

Is it a custom style?

Is the template modification being applied?

upload_2015-2-15_17-50-34.webp

I didn't check permissions. I am the admin, so I thought it would be yes.

I set a forum to be automatically featured, and that forum contains post.

It is the default style.

No template modification was applied. Is there a user manual?

Sorry to ask @Brogan as I know you are so so very busy....
But, I would like to make the slider image smaller, the container to match and then align the both.?

Is that possible?
I can make the image smaller no probs, but I can't get the container to adjust - the cursor still goes to click a link when nowhere near the image..

Again very sorry to trouble you mate...
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You can set the size using the Options -> CTA Featured Threads (for the image) and Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Slider (for the container).

You can set the size using the Options -> CTA Featured Threads (for the image) and Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Slider (for the container).

Brilliant, thank you mate.
Did the first option, was stuck on the second.

Thank you for your time.
Appreciated :)

Is it possible to display a random block at the bottom of a thread? That would be nice supplemental content.

Also I would like a block at the forum view, but only for guests. Is that possible?

Last edited:
Do you mean the bottom of a featured thread block?
If so, you can use the built in templates for that: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-featured-threads-portal.2599/update?update=13220

Also I would like a block at the forum view, but only for guests. Is that possible?
There is only one view permission, which is global, but you could edit the template and wrap the content in a guest conditional statement.

2. How can I show content just to guests and hide it from logged in members?
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id}">
This content will show to guests
</xen:if>

How do I forward people from www.domain.com to the featured threads home page, eg www.domain.com/index.php?threads/featured or better yet have the featured threads home page show at www.domain.com without need for forwarding?
Details are on the Resource Description page (click the tab at the top of this thread). Search down the page for "Home Page" which is in orange.

Worth reading the whole description, it has a lot of information on setting up CTA Featured Threads and Portal. Also check out the FAQs.

Top Bottom