CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
@Brogan, Great plugin.
@Shelley, thanks for css for featured thread block.

Hope I can post a feature request here.

Any chance the "feature duration" will include a date? It will enable admins to run contests.

A monthly contest like this - Member with most featured threads that month wins. All threads will be featured only till the last day of the month.

Capture.webp

It uses the default XenForo date picker.

If you want to feature until a certain date, enter the relevant number of days/weeks/months.

Can I feature thread and poll separately in anyway? When together it takes up too much room on the forum homepage, but I want the poll and the thread featured and to rotate as FT's on the home page.

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 7.36.57 AM.webp

Can I feature thread and poll separately in anyway? When together it takes up too much room on the forum homepage, but I want the poll and the thread featured and to rotate as FT's on the home page.

View attachment 102547
You can feature just the poll, just the thread or both. This can be done separately for the FT page, the forum list, thread view etc. So you could have the thread only on the forum list and both on the FT page, or indeed various other combinations. What you can't do is, taking the forum list as an example, is have it separately displaying the poll and the thread for one particular thread in rotation.

As Martok states, there are no options to independently display each element on different pages.

It would just become a UI nightmare with three options x four pages.

You can though prevent the poll block from globally displaying on various pages using Style Properties.

You can only pin the individual blocks on the other pages, not on the portal page.

The order on the portal page is set by featured date and it's fixed in code.
If you want to push one to the top, unfeature and feature it again.

Hi Brogan.

Has the resource been updated yet to allow a featured thread to be pinned?

Thanks,
Rob.

More or less, yes.

You can now update the featured date when updating an existing featured thread.
That will push it back to the top.

It's the last option on the update page:
upload_2015-4-4_18-10-6.webp

Trying to go from 2.0 to 2.8 - read the text in the release notes about disabling then saving etc, but am getting this:

Code:
ErrorException: Illegal string offset 'rssFeed' - library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Install.php:341

Are you using an automatic installer or doing it the normal way?

Can you try uploading the files again and running the installer?

I presume also you mean you are trying to install the latest version which is 2.14?

Are you using an automatic installer or doing it the normal way?

Can you try uploading the files again and running the installer?

I presume also you mean you are trying to install the latest version which is 2.14?

Sorry, latest version, 2.14. Am using normal installation method.

Tried uploading again to no avail.

Code:
Illegal string offset 'rssFeed'

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CTA/FeaturedThreads/Install.php at line 341
CTA_FeaturedThreads_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 236
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ducati/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
I'm not sure why it's failing at that point - it's just updating the option settings.

If you can give me ACP, FTP and PhpMyAdmin access I can take a look to see what's going on.

Heya,

As per the attachment and sorry if asked before but does anyone know the extra.css code to add a margin between the poll and the category bar please.

Note: Ignore the poll, I was testing it and that came to mind :P

Thanks!

Attachments

• forum.webp
    forum.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom