Resource icon

[CTA] Countdown Timer 1.7.5_00_EQnoble

No permission to download
Hi EQ, could you possibly add something like a option to allow auto resetting?

For example if the timer expires in such and such time it auto restarts again?

Hi EQ, could you possibly add something like a option to allow auto resetting?

For example if the timer expires in such and such time it auto restarts again?
That's a tough nut to crack...when you first setup the timer...you are setting it to a date and time in the future...the only way that would be able to be done is if you had a predetermined time to set it to for the next countdown...and then it would still be a pretty big pain in the butt....

Maybe if you could give me an example of a countdown scenario that could need that kind of reset I could better formulate a solution for you.

Hey Eq is there a way we can do this . Seems like there are multiple events within same timeframe would love if this add-on could do that.
Lemme finish the timezone thing and I will revisit this idea and see what it would take effort-wise to get it done[/quote]

Yes I have this modified to do that but it is not good enough to share at this point...I stopped working on it a while back, at the point I stopped I had two working but they had to be hard coded....what I started doing was trying to make it so an admin could create a new instance which would have a unique # and be ably to supply time parameters to the countdown...I can do this with on a standalone html page, I just haven't figured out how I would break it up to re create it in xf.

Like I said I have it done already....it is just a bit messy and I am not going to pollute peoples servers with crap...I will post a version that supports all the recent updates that will also include the multiple timers

don't mind the zombie voice...i haven't slept for about a full day now

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok let me go this way with it, keep in mind im not speaking of date let's say its off the table right now.
Set the timer for 4pm est, time expires, it waits so a set period a user decides let's say um 1 hr, so @ 5pm, it recycles so to say and starts over and goes to the next day 4pm.

Hope this a bit more clear :unsure:

Ok let me go this way with it, keep in mind im not speaking of date let's say its off the table right now.
Set the timer for 4pm est, time expires, it waits so a set period a user decides let's say um 1 hr, so @ 5pm, it recycles so to say and starts over and goes to the next day 4pm.

Hope this a bit more clear :unsure:
abundantly...and it wasn't that it wasn't clear...it just left a lot of open room for improvisation...it is just better if we get all the constituents of the question at hand out here before we try to address it.

I need sleep but I will give this a try when I wake up

PS dont forget to smile :-)

abundantly...and it wasn't that it wasn't clear...it just left a lot of open room for improvisation...it is just better if we get all the constituents of the question at hand out here before we try to address it.

I need sleep but I will give this a try when I wake up

PS dont forget to smile :)

My fault, i am sorry :)

I don't have a real computer right now so once I take care of that issue I will get back to you on this, hopefully by the weekend

sorry about that

Any update on what I asked if possible you could add on?

UPDATE: New computer accomplished
:)

I have the auto resetting complete as an option for this addon now (seriously at times thought my head was going through my desk and into my lap) I just need to have it tested from different timezones to make sure it works proper from all and see what happens if the timer is set to count down to midnight because the results I predict may be funny for it. Hoping for the best though on this.

Which reminds me...let's say that you have it auto resetting... I can think of and supply two different needs for this that may need different configurations.
  1. A countdown to a kickoff of a sporting event which irrelevant to a viewers timezone will start at the same moment in time
  2. A countdown for a promotion that takes into account a users timezone and ends at the same time for everyone respective of their location
Does that seem logical or no? If not I wont bother including a second option for it.

Anyways I need to do some more testing on the possible issues I first posted before I release it

It seems logical, i asked because we run a daily event @ a certain time every day and well i can't find a countdown timer to accomplish this. I have literally asked everywhere and everyone points to the direction it has to be paid. I am speaking in general to not xenforo specifically.

But thanks for the update ;)

...I understand why people are saying it is a paid thing...because honestly if I knew how much I was going to hurt myself doing this before I had started I would have said the same thing :)

Just playing with one thing now...trying to set an option for the admin so that when selecting the hour and minutes and seconds they can select the timezone it applies to and have it adjust the timer accordingly and automatically so let's say you live in London and want to have a countdown for a US NFL game you can put the advertised times that you know of (say 5:30:00 EST) and it will automatically convert it to it's corresponding time in GMT. at least that is the plan right now...if that doesnt work out an admin will have to manually convert the times and enter the converted time corresponding to GMT.

Any progress on that thing we discussed in other page ? Also just wondering if you can add option to link to actual thread where details for events are located.

Any progress on that thing we discussed in other page ? Also just wondering if you can add option to link to actual thread where details for events are located.
The second option I can do right now and patch it in to the next update which will be as soon as I figure out if it will be worth my time to add timezone adjustments or not.

The first in question I have not worked on at all since before I built the new computer and like I said before that is not something I want to put out there until I have tested what I have now completely and I want to finish one of these tasks at a time so I don't lose my place. I had actually stopped working on that a long time ago and it sits as is, where with the repeating timer, I had wanted to crack that nut for the personal satisfaction of getting the better of js and winning so I had some motivation there to do it. Multiple timers is a lot of redundancy and checking and no real deep thinking is involved so it actually was harder because I didn't look forward to doing it. That and time is precious for me at the moment so in between doing things which enable me to live I do this when life allows.

I do promise that when I finish my final testing of the repeating timer, I will take a serious look at this...that could be tonight or it could be next week...that I don't know. I will let you know here when I do start working on it again.

No worries take your time :) It's just site is growing and there are multiple events/tournaments in same time and sponsors are pushing me to favour them lol .

OK ...I have a new update to this addon ready I believe, but after playing with conversions between timezones and UTC for the past couple of days I pretty much have the residual image of the timer burned into my brain and can't think straight. Everything looks like it is working but I want other eyes to verify that.

What I need is someone who has time at the moment to test this and get right back to me so I can upload the update ASAP. This will also help me to write the instructions for the options, if the perosn testing it can understand off the rip how it works...fine...if not..I will need to adjust some of the options' descriptions to better describe.

If you can test this right now and are interested in helping the forward movement of this addon please don't hesitate to start a convo with me.

EQnoble updated [CTA] Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Additional Options

A few changes...
  • Time elements in sidebar use phrases now

• Title has option to be a link as well as allowing URL input for the link

• Timer is set to be relative to a viewers time but now also has the option to ignore the users time and make it relative to to the timer setting according to GMT. (for now one will have to calculate that manually until I find motivation)
  • Time can be set to repeat daily at the same time and ignore day and date settings

Read the rest of this update entry...

EQnoble updated [CTA] Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

fixed non utc date adjustments

There was a small bug in the way dayjust times are calculated which caused some funny things to happen with the hours pending on what timezone a user was viewing from. A fix has been put in place.

Please let me know if you find any errors in the timing setup as with all of the timezone offsets plus daily adjust offset stuff, mining out potential issues without naturally coming across them has driven me bat sh...well just crazy.

Thanks for your help in furthering this addon.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom