Resource icon

[CTA] Countdown Timer 1.7.5_00_EQnoble

No permission to download
Cant wait!!
well in that case....

I should note that if you are not Lone Wolf, there is a bunch of changes that make it so if you want to customize it yourself you will need to know some basic html and css...if you don't just don't download this one...it was modded up to match a specific site. If you really need help feel free to ask me...but I will always assume you have downloaded the actual release so please don't try this mod out for the first time and go for this variant...start customizing from the original .Thanks.

Attachments

If it is not counting down it is probably because you need to set the time to countdown to from the options page...

Let me know if that was the problem.

That's what I thought but I use the timer on another website and it works - the only thing I can see if outdated templates.

But this is what I have:
Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 8.08.42 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2012-02-15 at 8.06.35 PM.webp

How do i change the countdown timer's position on the sidebar? I have no option anywhere to do it in the options. I want to make it be at the top rather than down at the bottom

You can do this two ways:

1. The easy way would be for you to open a FTP session to your server @the root directory of your xenforo installation and upload the contents of the archive in this post.

or
2. If you want to manually do it ftp to /library/CTA/CDtimer/ and edit Listener.php....

Find
Code:
        {
            case 'page_container_sidebar':
            {
edit page_container_sidebar to read ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel since that is the hook you would want to be using.
Code:
        {
            case 'ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel':
            {

When your done save your changes and refresh your forum home to check it.

Last edited:
are you still having problems?
Cheers mate - I'm still there but I think it is a template problem and the original template hasn't been updated, so i'm going to get my head into this week to see if it's still causing issues. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cant seem to get this to render right in IE, FF or Opera. Only is right in chrome.

378.webp

Thoughts?

Edit: Works fine now.. The issue was with a custom skin. Set sidebar to 250px all fixed lol

I seem to get West Brom vs United and all 0's
could you start a convo with the link to your site

Cant seem to get this to render right in IE, FF or Opera. Only is right in chrome....

Edit: Works fine now.. The issue was with a custom skin. Set sidebar to 250px all fixed lol
seems your own thoughts were sufficient to get the job done... thanks for posting that up for anyone with a similar problem.:)

Well i have taken the counter down now as it wasn't working, would really like to use it though, don't understand why it would say United vs West Brom though when i first installed it haha

Great add on.

How about making a version that allows a member to create their own countdown and have it display in the sidebar - would be great to allow members to be able to see a countdown to their own specific event.

Great add on.

How about making a version that allows a member to create their own countdown and have it display in the sidebar - would be great to allow members to be able to see a countdown to their own specific event.

That is something that is much more complex and though I don't publicly advertise any paid services I would say that is something that is very doable but more of a paid addon than a free one.

I can look into it but that I can not commit to off the top of my head.

Is it possible to add or embed this Countdown in a Post?
If you are asking if it could be worked so it could be invoked by let's say a bbcode then I would feel comfortable guessing that I could get it to work with some slight template editing and creating the bbcode.

Is this a request?, anyone else have anything to say about it?

Top Bottom