Browser issue Copy-paste problem with formatting in editor

Azaly

Affected version
When users with Microsoft Edge (v42.17134.1038.0) copy some text from other places (from conversations in our case) and then paste in editor it goes with formatting like font family, font size, image height and so on.

Hmm. Copy/paste works strange with images too. For example I try to copy some post with image inside spoiler:
text
05.jpg
kinopoisk.ru-Joan-Fontaine-3369448.jpg

45232547445-16.jpg
I've opened spoiler, selected whole post or only images and then try to paste it, but could insert only text, no image. Just try to copy these image and paste in reply by youself!

Last edited:
That is pretty strange. Here I could copy paste it too for now (Chrome). Maybe it somehow depends on server where images are posted or protocol http/https? Here images are proxying, so they are shown from xenforo site, but on my forum they are not — image just show from its original places.

I tried it on one of my forums using your pics and it worked there also. I'm not using image proxy.
Hmm... Just recorded video in conversation (error) and thread (no error):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When users with Microsoft Edge (v42.17134.1038.0) copy some text from other places (from conversations in our case) and then paste in editor it goes with formatting like font family, font size, image height and so on.

Example of formatting
Code:
[B]Зоя Андреевна[/B]
[LEFT][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] Замученная семейным бытом, погуливающим мужем и подростковыми проблемами детей простая среднестатистическая покупательница сети магазинов Ашан.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][B][LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]Характер:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/B][LEFT][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] заботливая, жертвенная. Преобладают отточенные до автоматизма инстинкты матери, жены и офисного сотрудника.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][B][LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]Жизненные цели:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/B][LEFT][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] накормить, вылечить(физически и морально), проверить уроки, перестирать белье, выдать мужу с утра последнее предупреждение и чистую рубашку.
[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT][B][LEFT][B][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)]Интересы:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/LEFT][/B][LEFT][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] вырванные страницы из школьного дневника и смс-сообщения в мужнином телефоне.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/LEFT]

Lines [LEFT][SIZE=16px][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=rgb(20, 20, 20)] is just default css of post in my templates.

Last edited:
I actually think we have some changes for this in the latest version of 2.1 and if not, 2.2 definitely does some of its own work to clean up CSS that comes in via paste.

Saying that, if this was specific to Edge legacy as that's being replaced by Chromium Edge the behavior should now generally match Chrome, so that would generally resolve the issue.

Top Bottom