Browser issue Can't paste images into editor in Microsoft Edge

Sim

Affected version
XF 2.2
Taking a screenshot using snagit, then copying and pasting the image into the editor normally embeds the image as an attachment automatically.

Like so:

1593391785352.webp

This no longer works in the new editor running here on xenforo.com in XF 2.2 when using Microsoft Edge (Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 - Microsoft EdgeHTML 18.18363)

I have confirmed that pasting into the editor using Edge on XF 2.1.10 does work.

FWIW, I just tried on Chromium Edge on a different machine and it did seem to work - will double check on my laptop once it is upgraded to the latest version.

This issue seems specific to the older versions of Edge.

As far as I can test the issue must be specific to a combination of Snagit and legacy Edge.

Legacy Edge has a way to "Add note" which I think loads in the Microsoft annotation/screenshot stuff and using its "Clip" feature I was able to successfully paste that into the editor. The older Snipping Tool thing built into Windows seems to work too.

Given this interaction between the two, and one of them being a now-deprecated browser, I don't think we'll aim to make any changes here.

I just tried it again with the latest Chromium Edge - Version 84.0.522.59 (Official build) (64-bit) - and it still doesn't work when pasting from snagit.

Pasting from snagit into Google Chrome works fine.

1597237352562.webp

hmm ... just updated to the latest snagit and it works - may just be a coincidence, or maybe something is now fixed?

Top Bottom