XF 2.1 Copy and paste image to editor not as attachments

KyleK

We have one forum that is mainly seniors and they dont like change!

With 1.5 our members could copy and paste an image directly into the editor and not as an attachment.

Is this still possible with 2.1? I have tried to show them how using the Insert Image > By Url but some members just cant grasp this.

They need it as simple as it was in 1.5, copy and paste the image they want to show in their post and we want it so it is not uploaded as an attachment. Maybe a setting I have overlooked?

Has there been any resolution to this? I've used xenforo forums where I can paste an image directly into this box but I'm trying to set one up and have attachments disabled (upload space is a concern at this point) and cannot paste an image, it just blinks and does nothing.

Has there been any resolution to this? I've used xenforo forums where I can paste an image directly into this box but I'm trying to set one up and have attachments disabled (upload space is a concern at this point) and cannot paste an image, it just blinks and does nothing.

As of 2.1.4 this is still an issue.

We have never allowed attachment uploads for both copyright and space reasons. Users used to be able to cut and paste or drag and drop an image into their post and it was embeded. Now nothing happens.

Reactions: the
Yes, you could copy and paste an image directly into the editor but in the bottom you could see that there was an attachment.

Top Bottom