1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Conversation Manager

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by Syndol, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syndol

Syndol Guest

About:
    This add-on has two elements to it:​
    The first is Conversation Participants
    The second is inline Conversation Management
    Conversation Participants provides you with a quick view of the participants in both the conversation pop-up menu, as well as on the conversation list page.​
    Should a conversation have more participants than can be displayed, a '... and x more' link will be available to you which opens an overlay with a list of all the participants.​
    Conversation Management provides you with an inline ability to select multiple conversations and then performing one of three available actions on them.​
    These actions are 'Leave' a conversation, 'Mark as Read', and 'Mark as Unread'.​
    Features:
    • Ability to toggle between viewing the participants as Usernames (text based) or Avatars (image based). This is done by clicking the word 'Participants' underneath the conversation start date.
    • Ability to view all participants in an overlay by clicking the word 'Participants' in the 'Reply' column.
    • Option to display the last poster's avatar in the 'Last Post' column. (set via ACP)
    • Inline selection of conversations for for performing certain actions on them.
    Installation:
    1. Upload the 'ConvMan' folder located in the attached 'Upload/library', to your 'library' folder on your server.
    2. From within your admin control panel's 'Appearance' tab, select 'Templates' and open 'conversation_list'. Replace it's contents with the one provided in the attached 'Templates' folder.
    3. Repeat the same process for template 'conversation_list_item'.
    4. Repeat the same process for template 'conversation_list_popup_item'.
    5. From within your admin control panel's 'Development' tab, import the included .xml file ('addon-ConvMan_100.xml')
    Upgrade: from Conversation Participants​
    1. Uninstall Conversation Participants and remove all files from your server
    2. Follow above Install instructions for the new Conversation Manager
    Translations:
    I hope you find this add-on useful.​
    Syndol​
    If you like this add-on, why not check out my other one named Bookmarks

Attached Files:

Brad L, shawn, 0xym0r0n and 31 others like this.
  2. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Awesome!

I have no idea why this is not in the core. Well done dude! Thank you so much :D

erich37 and Syndol like this.
  3. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Think the team is just too busy with bigger stuff for this to be built in yet. It's only a bit over a year.

Thanks Syndol this is a VERY useful add-on.

4. Trekkan

Trekkan Well-Known Member

Very nice, thanks!

5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

This should be in core. Xenforo please add it.

DeltaHF, RvG, M@rc and 5 others like this.
  6. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Yep obviously something that should be core.

M@rc and erich37 like this.
  7. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Good idea :)

ps: This should be integrated into xenforo

8. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

9. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing this useful mod. It should be added to the core

10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

+Core.
    +Cool.

I definitely like the people listed in this view.
    [​IMG]

simbolo, D.O.A., M@rc and 2 others like this.
  11. Deepmartini

The less mods we have to use the better. More pieces to break. Please include this in core. This is a stunning example of user interface design, from the Xenforo community. I suggest this be fast-tracked into the next version.

Brad L, DeltaHF and erich37 like this.
  12. giorgino

giorgino Well-Known Member

+1

Fuhrmann likes this.
  13. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

Fuhrmann likes this.
  14. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

why not show the "Mini-Me" (small avatars) instead of the username in this screen (for "Participants:" and also for "Last Post") ?
    when hovering over the "Mini-Me", it should show the username and when clicking it should open-up the user-set-card.

this would be much more intuitive and also give a quicker overview for the user.

15. Deepmartini

I like that idea! Checkout the quotes with avatars mod and you will see how powerful this would be! http://xenforo.com/community/threads/quotes-with-avatars.24299/

Please add this option to this mod.

erich37 likes this.
  16. Syndol

Syndol Guest

While the idea of using avatars sounds good in theory, the reality is that it just does not look all that great:

Picture 3.png Picture 4.png
    Also, if they have no avatar, you will not know who they are until you hover over their default image.

Trekkan, Veer and Fuhrmann like this.
  17. principia

principia Well-Known Member

This is a nice addon.
    I have an idea: put it in the core ;)

erich37 and Fuhrmann like this.
  18. Deepmartini

Version 2 actually doesn't look that bad. Maybe include it an as option and people can click if they want it or not?

erich37 likes this.
  19. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Is this any better:

Picture 1.png

ArnyVee, Allan and Veer like this.
  20. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that the majority of users won't have avatar so you will see a row of default avatars which defeat the purpose of visual identification.

Digital Doctor and kkm323 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.