• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Conversation Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, we are just brainstorming here... it is no criticism at all.... just dropping-in some ideas.
I think we are all glad and happy that we have capable add-on authors like Syndol who are able to code what many of us need.

in the column named "Replies", there is the word "Participants" - what about having this word being "linked" and when clicking on it will open an overlay showing all participants ?
Great idea, I'll add this to next version.

While I don't believe in having a full sized avatar in the Last Post section, I'll add an option to have a mini avatar in front of the username.
Thanks Digital Doctor for that idea.

Syndol: while on the topic, could you make a tiny link to your bookmarks in your signature ? :)
I personally hate signatures :eek:
It's enough I shamelessly added a link to it on the first post :whistle:

I personally hate signatures :eek:
So do I but I think lots of people would benefit from your bookmarks addon.
As well, I think people should "know" about your excellent past and ongoing work.
I think there is some nice reassurance to see someone has made a few good addons (not just one) ... as it shows some commitment.

Maybe something discrete would work ? ( I think right justification declutters things)

My Addons: Bookmarks
syndols.addons.webp

Why not make a thread with the first post lists links to all your addons ?

"Just ideas" :)

Maybe you could put a link to your section of the upcoming Addon (Resource) Manager.
:)

You could probably know who it is by the first four or five letters.
overlaid.forum.name.webp
I suspect this would be hard to do ... and probably not worth it.

a list of usernames is useful we don't need avatar. It could be something like this

username, username and 3 more username (when clicking this it shows a list of all participant with avatars)

a list of usernames is useful we don't need avatar. It could be something like this

username, username and 3 more username (when clicking this it shows a list of all participant with avatars)
Isn't that what this add-on already does ??? Just download it!

Keep in mind that the majority of users won't have avatar so you will see a row of default avatars which defeat the purpose of visual identification.
The majority of our users do - we have a rule if they don't add one by 50 posts an amusing one will be given to them by our mods ;)

+core

Could Conversations be "MODDED" to be a Groups Addon ?

Make a Tab called Groups.
The Groups homepage is a listing of groups.
The Group is essentially a list of conversations, with everyone's avatar in a column.
and being a participant is the same as watching a thread.
maybe the group could have a list of documents, a simple gallery and an annoucement thread.
Sprinkle in some permissions.
?

syndol i am going to ask this because i, and perhaps others, might need a bit of reassurance...
is this hack going to get pulled in the future? converted into a paid add-on?
it would be great if brogan&co would let the question be answered at least once hey. deleting these kinds of questions makes me very hesitant to install new addons full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom