• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Conversation Manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Syndol

About:
This add-on has two elements to it:​
The first is Conversation Participants
The second is inline Conversation Management
Conversation Participants provides you with a quick view of the participants in both the conversation pop-up menu, as well as on the conversation list page.​
Should a conversation have more participants than can be displayed, a '... and x more' link will be available to you which opens an overlay with a list of all the participants.​
Conversation Management provides you with an inline ability to select multiple conversations and then performing one of three available actions on them.​
These actions are 'Leave' a conversation, 'Mark as Read', and 'Mark as Unread'.​
Features:
  • Ability to toggle between viewing the participants as Usernames (text based) or Avatars (image based). This is done by clicking the word 'Participants' underneath the conversation start date.
  • Ability to view all participants in an overlay by clicking the word 'Participants' in the 'Reply' column.
  • Option to display the last poster's avatar in the 'Last Post' column. (set via ACP)
  • Inline selection of conversations for for performing certain actions on them.
Installation:
  1. Upload the 'ConvMan' folder located in the attached 'Upload/library', to your 'library' folder on your server.
  2. From within your admin control panel's 'Appearance' tab, select 'Templates' and open 'conversation_list'. Replace it's contents with the one provided in the attached 'Templates' folder.
  3. Repeat the same process for template 'conversation_list_item'.
  4. Repeat the same process for template 'conversation_list_popup_item'.
  5. From within your admin control panel's 'Development' tab, import the included .xml file ('addon-ConvMan_100.xml')
Upgrade: from Conversation Participants​
  1. Uninstall Conversation Participants and remove all files from your server
  2. Follow above Install instructions for the new Conversation Manager
Translations:
I hope you find this add-on useful.​
Syndol​
If you like this add-on, why not check out my other one named Bookmarks

Attachments

• Conversation_List.webp
    Conversation_List.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 836
  • Conversation_Popup.webp
    Conversation_Popup.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 500
  • All_Participants.webp
    All_Participants.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 374
  • Participants_Avatars.webp
    Participants_Avatars.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 285
  • Inline_Actions.webp
    Inline_Actions.webp
    34.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Conversation_Manager_100.zip
    Conversation_Manager_100.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 114
Think the team is just too busy with bigger stuff for this to be built in yet. It's only a bit over a year.

Thanks Syndol this is a VERY useful add-on.

+Core.
+Cool.

I definitely like the people listed in this view.
conversation_list-png.22971

The less mods we have to use the better. More pieces to break. Please include this in core. This is a stunning example of user interface design, from the Xenforo community. I suggest this be fast-tracked into the next version.

+Core.
+Cool.

I definitely like the people listed in this view.
conversation_list-png.22971
why not show the "Mini-Me" (small avatars) instead of the username in this screen (for "Participants:" and also for "Last Post") ?
when hovering over the "Mini-Me", it should show the username and when clicking it should open-up the user-set-card.

this would be much more intuitive and also give a quicker overview for the user.

why not show the "Mini-Me" (small avatars) instead of the username in this screen (for "Participants:" and also for "Last Post") ?
when hovering over the "Mini-Me", it should show the username and when clicking it should open-up the user-set-card.

this would be much more intuitive and also give a quicker overview for the user.

I like that idea! Checkout the quotes with avatars mod and you will see how powerful this would be! http://xenforo.com/community/threads/quotes-with-avatars.24299/

Please add this option to this mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom