Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
Is there a demo site using the latest update ?
Not yet, hopefully soon!
I've updated the demo site to the latest release of Content Ratings and have also installed the media gallery & resource manager: https://xf2.nixfifty.com/

The latest version of Content Ratings supports XFRM and XFMG so I've sprinkled some "sample" content around with various ratings in use (a mix between font awesome and imported smilies). Feel free to have a play.

firefox_2017-12-29_15-48-27.webp

I've updated the demo site to the latest release of Content Ratings and have also installed the media gallery & resource manager: https://xf2.nixfifty.com/

The latest version of Content Ratings supports XFRM and XFMG so I've sprinkled some "sample" content around with various ratings in use (a mix between font awesome and imported smilies). Feel free to have a play.

View attachment 165347

Thanks, this update is a great improvement!

Reactions: Xon
I just downloaded this and one thing I don't understand is how to make an icon appear as a positive or negative rating. I basically put them into two categories, but not quite sure how to associate the two.

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. The categories are the answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xon
I think the change of the icon set orientation is a great improvement, gives it a professional look.
1 question, 1 comment
1) Is it possible to increase the icon size of the icon set (which is visible on hover)
2) An FB-like animation on the icons on hover would be a nice touch :)

I think the change of the icon set orientation is a great improvement, gives it a professional look.
1 question, 1 comment
1) Is it possible to increase the icon size of the icon set (which is visible on hover)
2) An FB-like animation on the icons on hover would be a nice touch :)
At the moment this add-on uses a slightly modified version of XF's menu system. It doesn't really behave too much like facebook's version atm.

As for icon size and such, have a look at the "Content ratings" style properties, as there are quite a few options:
(note some of these options are from 0.12.1 and aren't yet available in 0.12.0)
1514691188383.webp

Try increasing the "rating hover animation scale" to increase how much the on-hover enlarge affect is.

You can set a higher-definition URL on each rating as well, but if using sprite mode you may need to add a manual transform affect to scale the icon up.

Look for the "Rating type icon" style property and add the following css into the Extra/Freeform CSS/LESS code field:
CSS:
padding:4px;
transform:scale(1.5);

Note this will break the on-hover scale affect, I'ld need to tinker with the css more to get sprite mode scale up properly (the default smiles are a fixed size, there are some higher resolution ones around but it takes manual setup).

Also, the given reaction list gets truncated in a smaller screen.

View attachment 165435
That is a definitely a bug, the responsive design needs some hitting.

Last edited:
Xon updated Content Ratings for XF2 with a new update entry:

0.12.1 Alpha - Bugfix & Maintenance update

• New global option:
    • Default rating, if "Random" the default rating changes every use of the 'rate' button.
  • Style property changes:
    • New 'Display rate menu location', options:
      • In rating bar
      • In place of XF Like Button
    • New 'Show empty rating type categories'
    • New 'Rating bar rate menu container'
  • Postbit ratings now clickable (somewhat)
  • Responsive design fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
At the moment this add-on uses a slightly modified version of XF's menu system. It doesn't really behave too much like facebook's version atm.

As for icon size and such, have a look at the "Content ratings" style properties, as there are quite a few options:
(note some of these options are from 0.12.1 and aren't yet available in 0.12.0)

Try increasing the "rating hover animation scale" to increase how much the on-hover enlarge affect is.

You can set a higher-definition URL on each rating as well, but if using sprite mode you may need to add a manual transform affect to scale the icon up.

Look for the "Rating type icon" style property and add the following css into the Extra/Freeform CSS/LESS code field:
CSS:
padding:4px;
transform:scale(1.5);

Note this will break the on-hover scale affect, I'ld need to tinker with the css more to get sprite mode scale up properly (the default smiles are a fixed size, there are some higher resolution ones around but it takes manual setup).

That is a definitely a bug, the responsive design needs some hitting.
Thanks a lot, @Xon ... Another question. If I uninstall the addon sometime in future, do I lose all the contents including Likes', or I can retain the Likes' as XF's default Like?

The XF Likes are retained, but all the individual non-like ratings are deleted.
So the first rating below (from @NixFifty's site) are retained as XF Like, am I right? If so, is there an option to change that first rating icon (which is mapped to XF Like)? The blue thumbs-up icon doesn't really go with the rest of the icons.

1514700240806.webp

You can map the XF like to any arbitrary rating type (and thus icon) in the options. I think that's just present in the demo to show both image-based and CSS-based icons are possible.

So the first rating below (from @NixFifty's site) are retained as XF Like, am I right? If so, is there an option to change that first rating icon (which is mapped to XF Like)? The blue thumbs-up icon doesn't really go with the rest of the icons.

View attachment 165439
The blue thumbs-up is the initial default "like" rating, @NixFifty then imported all the existing XF Smiles as ratings (there is a dropdown option for this in the admincp).

This setup is designed so you can import from XF1 Post Ratings, overwrite the XF Like rating config and then import the rest 'as-is'.

Hi @Xon ,
iam try to rebuilding Process uncounted ratings, its always only show proccess bar and never ending with progress bar like this, to stop is just click cancel button.
2017-12-31_162354.webp

how to show user rate count on message user info block?
Edit. Nevermind, found it.
thanks.

Last edited:
Hi @Xon ,
iam try to rebuilding Process uncounted ratings, its always only show proccess bar and never ending with progress bar like this, to stop is just click cancel button.
View attachment 165442
I'll have a look into that, it shouldn't be needed and likely isn't exiting early.

how to show user rate count on message user info block?
Edit. Nevermind, found it.
thanks.
Under style properties

i cant see user group permission to use a ratings, its feature currently not planning?
It is planned, just not yet implemented.

Is there a way to consolidate the reactions when they hit a certain amount? Like you have to click it to see the list of likes. Might help with issues like this:

54276EB3-A658-459D-B796-6184C9147FD2.webp

Is there a way to consolidate the reactions when they hit a certain amount? Like you have to click it to see the list of likes. Might help with issues like this:

View attachment 165509
That issue was fixed in 0.12.1. Hadn't got round to updating the demo cause of the New Year shenanigans. If you check it now, you'll see the ratings split to two lines if they don't fit.

tsnsIhT.png

Top Bottom