Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.4

No permission to buy ($35.00)
How can i display the default reaction as a small icon and once the users hovers the button the icons appear in original size? Once i use 64 x 64 icons the default button also looks a little bit too big :D

1649321985858.webp

@Xon (or anyone else)? I couldn't find a style propperty to make a setting like this. Do i have to do this with custom css? Or do i have to use 2 different icons (large and small)?

The closest feature is the "Animate reaction icons on hover" option, and changing the value of "Animation scale" would get what you are after of initially a smaller graphic and then a larger one.

Some custom css looking for the svRatingAnimationScale style property could provide hints on implementing this so you force the size initially, and then increase it after.

I've searched the various options & style properties and have gone through the thread but didn't find an answer to this one...

Instead of displaying the 'Like' icon image as the 'react menu icon' is it possible to have the link be the same as the stock XF 'Like' link?

I've searched the various options & style properties and have gone through the thread but didn't find an answer to this one...

Instead of displaying the 'Like' icon image as the 'react menu icon' is it possible to have the link be the same as the stock XF 'Like' link?
I think you want the global option "Default reaction type"

I think you want the global option "Default reaction type"
Unfortunately setting that to 'None' results in no link or icon at all to be displayed. The end goal, really, is that from a user perspective after installing the add-on that the "like" button that they click looks the same as it did before (the stock XF link).

If it's possible, I just haven't figured out the right combination of settings to use yet. So I guess the big question is: Should it be possible? :)

1650181681737.webp
1650181707546.webp
1650181824474.webp

Unfortunately setting that to 'None' results in no link or icon at all to be displayed. The end goal, really, is that from a user perspective after installing the add-on that the "like" button that they click looks the same as it did before (the stock XF link).
Ok, I think that is a bug.

If it's possible, I just haven't figured out the right combination of settings to use yet. So I guess the big question is: Should it be possible? :)

View attachment 267225
View attachment 267226
View attachment 267227
Have you tried the "Display reaction titles alongside icons" style property?

It doesn't work in every case, but should for your case.

Have you tried the "Display reaction titles alongside icons" style property?

It doesn't work in every case, but should for your case.
Thanks, Xon, that's definitely getting me closer. 👍 I also had to play around with the CSS a little bit because we display our reactions at 32x32 using the normal XF reactions CSS settings but those settings get ignored and the modal pop-up images are instead displayed using the same CSS as the rating icon. Not sure if that is intended or not but a little CSS got it sorted.

The only other feedback we've gotten is asking if we can change the mobile device action to be a 'long press' like the stock XF reactions icon instead of a double-action (pressing on the rating icon to get the pop-up and then selecting the reaction)?

Xon updated Content Ratings for XF2.1+ with a new update entry:

2.4.0 - Feature update

Note; The 2.4.x branch will be the last version line to support XenForo 2.1, with future feature updates requiring XenForo 2.2+

• Fix incorrect visibility change of some extended reaction entity methods
  • Do not trigger style cache invalidation when editing reaction categories or reactions which do not touch attributes used in css.
  • Remove duplicate breadcrumb entry when editing a reaction
  • Add date range criteria to restrictions, with filter to exclude/include reactions which...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good day Xon, this looks like a potentially useful add-on for my site. Question for you: one thing I've always wanted to do is to be able to give a "gold star" to show appreciation for a particularly good post. Is that something configurable in this mod, and something can only be made available to a particular user or group?

Hi XON--

I have 2 of your addons that seem to be having problems.... This one and Bookmarks

I keep getting a host of server errors -- similar to this one...

am I doing something wrong?

Code:
#0 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(4364): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/bbody/pub...', 4364)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1128): XF\Template\Templater->fnUserBlurb(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Entity\User), Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s12/public/member_view.php(220): XF\Template\Templater->func('user_blurb', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_view', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\View', 'public:member_v...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Hi XON--

I have 2 of your addons that seem to be having problems.... This one and Bookmarks

I keep getting a host of server errors -- similar to this one...

am I doing something wrong?

Code:
#0 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(4364): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/bbody/pub...', 4364)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1128): XF\Template\Templater->fnUserBlurb(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), false, Object(SV\BookmarkEssentials\XF\Entity\User), Array)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s12/public/member_view.php(220): XF\Template\Templater->func('user_blurb', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_view', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\View', 'public:member_v...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2352): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}
Posting the actual error message, not just the stack trace would be useful.

Good day Xon, this looks like a potentially useful add-on for my site. Question for you: one thing I've always wanted to do is to be able to give a "gold star" to show appreciation for a particularly good post. Is that something configurable in this mod, and something can only be made available to a particular user or group?
This add-on does let you setup reactions so they are only usable by staff easily enough.

Posting the actual error message, not just the stack trace would be useful.
sorry

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "location" on null
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:4364

• Error: Template public:member_view error: Call to a member function getBannerUrl() on null
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:3603

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "age" on null
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:4360

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but I can't find a setting to display the user names of those who rated the posts next to the ratings themselves in a given post; right now there's no way to see who's given which rating. How can this be achieved?

I'm fairly sure that is not supported with the layout this add-on provides, but it has been quite some time since I've looked at the style properties.

We've had this in the XF1 version but have just now moved to XF2 and it's causing a massive upheaval among the users that they now can't see who's rated their posts what directly in the posts, as they've grown accustomed to this functionality. Could this be added at least as some kind of tooltip on individual ratings in the postbit? Basically anything that would enable the users to see who's given them which rating would be better than the current situation.

We've had this in the XF1 version but have just now moved to XF2 and it's causing a massive upheaval among the users that they now can't see who's rated their posts what directly in the posts, as they've grown accustomed to this functionality. Could this be added at least as some kind of tooltip on individual ratings in the postbit? Basically anything that would enable the users to see who's given them which rating would be better than the current situation.
If you click on a reaction that has already been given, you don't get a popup with a list of people who reacted and is sortable by a specific reaction or the ability to view all for that post?

Top Bottom